Wow, the SeaHags...are not good

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ants

Starter
I watched a good portion of the game last night. I would say that the Hags and the Giants have some things in common, but the biggest would be lack of an offensive line.
Ouch. I watched the Giants a bit on Sunday night, and the offensive line was bad. That made Eli look extra bad - he seemed to make little effort to get out of the way of traffic (not that he's particularly athletic anyway).

But after watching the Hags last night - Wilson looked the same as Manning, save for a little better movement to avoid some of the initial hits.

That got me thinking - it's one thing to know where your week link is, and then plan around that. But when EVERY LINK is a potentially week link...you just don't know where the pressure will come from. That can definitely make a QB look worse than he actually is.

I'm soooo glad the Rams finally have a good Oline. Goff is able to survey the field...it reminds me of the way Kenny Stabler used to stand back there like a statue and just look over the land and pick where his best option was. :yess:

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Totally agree , not sure how these teams dont realize that u will suck if your O line is bad . Dont care who your qb or weapons are, defensive players are too athletic now and destroy game plans with weak offensive lines

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stabler used to stand back there like a statue and just look over the land and pick where his best option was. :yess:
A Snake reference...dude, you are freakin' old!

Ants

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A Snake reference...dude, you are freakin' old!

...says the guy with a picture of Merlin Olsen in his sig. :LOL:
Yeah, I'm a fan from back in the old blue & white days. So I recall the 1970's as a time when the Rams, Cowboys, Vikings, Raiders, Steelers, and Dolphins were the yearly powerhouses. (y)

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It is nice.
Everybody knows that a young QB needs a great line to develop behind, but still lots of teams manage to forget or ignore or underestimate how important it is. Without a good line, bad teams cant effectively evaluate QB play, which imo is the biggest reason bad teams can constantly fail at identifying and developing Quarterback talent.
What really blows my mind is when some teams get lucky enough to find a legit QB and then they cant give him a line that keeps him clean.

5 years from now, I doubt we will see the same big pockets Goff has had since last year... but by then we should see a crafty young vet QB who has the ability to move in the pocket and execute even when his protection isnt as complete as it has been lately.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
It all starts up front, and that goes for both sides of the ball.

I've watched both Bears games and their defensive line is not deep. They get gassed in the 2nd half. By the 4th qtr they are ineffective. Its why both the Packers and Hawks get back into the game. They need better conditioning. Harris and Mack both were sucking on the oxygene mask.
Rams are in better shape and have better rotation to keep guys fresh.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I always feel it is best to spend free agent money in the OL because it is difficult to draft and develop good ones, it usually takes 3 or 4 years for them to develop.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
If Wussell Wilson continues to take a beating, he might just switch to baseball next year. Assuming he's still physically intact, of course.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sheattle is weak at RB, WR, CB, OL. I am sure I missed something. It fell apart suddenly.

I think Pete was in the right situation at the right time for his quick ascension with the Shehawks. I don’t think he and Schneider can pull it off again. It’s Jimmy Johnson all over again. Once his inside info on College kids dried up he couldn’t draft for shit.

Pete is not long for this league. If they don’t show signs of improvement he will get two more seasons tops.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
...says the guy with a picture of Merlin Olsen in his sig. :LOL:
Yeah, I'm a fan from back in the old blue & white days. So I recall the 1970's as a time when the Rams, Cowboys, Vikings, Raiders, Steelers, and Dolphins were the yearly powerhouses. (y)

The good old days... I mean parity is nice, but nowadays teams lose character with players changing teams constantly. Loved it when you knew year in and year out who played for who and who was going to be good with the occasional team coming from nowhere.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Keep in mind... Seadderall was missing a number of key players last night that could have made a difference in the outcome of the game.

That oompa lumpa QB of their's is still a threat to turn chicken shit into chicken salad somehow. That little fucker will run around back there and somehow find a breakdown in the coverage at the last possible minute. Reminds me of the POS Fran T of the viqueens.

And fuck Pete and his cheating ass. It was fitting that he brought in that LB who is on his way to prison but was permitted to play because he is in the appeal process. Vintage Pete. Someday,,, if my wish comes true... he will choke to death on that annoying gum he smacks.

Right now... I need to go take a #12.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Keep in mind... Seadderall was missing a number of key players last night that could have made a difference in the outcome of the game.

That oompa lumpa QB of their's is still a threat to turn chicken crap into chicken salad somehow. That little freaker will run around back there and somehow find a breakdown in the coverage at the last possible minute. Reminds me of the POS Fran T of the viqueens.

And freak Pete and his cheating ass. It was fitting that he brought in that LB who is on his way to prison but was permitted to play because he is in the appeal process. Vintage Pete. Someday,,, if my wish comes true... he will choke to death on that annoying gum he smacks.

Right now... I need to go take a #12.
download.jpeg

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I always feel it is best to spend free agent money in the OL because it is difficult to draft and develop good ones, it usually takes 3 or 4 years for them to develop.
I still agree with you on this OL statement. I been on a rollercoaster now for some time on this subject. The value of a good perfroming healthy starting veteran OL'er is momentous in "BonifayRam's mind":D. Years ago I held the position of draft OL high & often as much as you can. But the NFL has changed so much since then. Seeing the Rams OL issues since the very early 2000 lefted me scared for life.

Here we are now as we witnessed four pre season gms & now completion of 2 regular season gms where our OL has shown measuable improvement. One one side of this arguement we has been somewhat shocked over the dominate on field play of a former WWC center Blythe pick up after being discarded by the Colts after the regualr season began, This reserve center just has 2 yrs of NFL expereince with only starting 2 gms before the Raiders gm. This dinky is not an expereince veteran. In this young season Austin Blythe has been earned the highest ratings of any Rams OL'er thus far.

We also observed 2 well seasoned UFA graybeards (Andrew & John) bolstersted the Rams OL into one of the best in the NFL last season. Then we drafted a few baby OL'ers in this years draft & through-out pre season witnessed excellent polished technically sound perfromances from 2 rookies :shocked:(Joseph & Brian). I must be dreaming.......:sleepz: Kromer's body of work causes so much confusion on this subject.:headexplosion:

Rams will have 13 UFA's in less than 6 months SIX of them starters....I would place still place OL Rodger Saffold @ the very top of this long list of Rams to resign based on Ramstien's thoughts. The #1 priority is keeping Goff unmolested & healthy so our young HC McVay can work his magic on NFL's defenses. Our old prehistoric DC has the experience & knowledge to work thru & overcome a youthful inexpereinced defensive lineup.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think most teams know the value of a good OL - they don't necessarily know how to get one. Under Fisher the Rams kept signing free agents and using high draft picks, but to no avail. Remember Jake Long? Never had a knee injury - had two with the Rams. And I vaguely remember the Rams using the #2 pick in the draft on an OT. Other teams make efforts too, without the hoped for success.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I watched a good portion of the game last night. I would say that the Hags and the Giants have some things in common, but the biggest would be lack of an offensive line.
Ouch. I watched the Giants a bit on Sunday night, and the offensive line was bad. That made Eli look . :yess:
Ya, Wilson took more shots in the game last night than he took from 2012-2016. Wow, he is taking shots all the time....not just glancing blows anymore