With the 176th pick in the draft the Rams select John Kelly RB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Depends when that happened.

NO ONE is running a sub 4.3 in the fourth quarter...

It's why change of pace backs can be devastating at the end of a game.
That's some good logic right there. I like that.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
True...but everyone is out there, so speed degrades equally? The fast guy should still be faster than the slower guys in the 4th quarter, shouldn't they? (starters, anyway)

It really doesn't.

If you have a WR who's been running a lot of deep routes, he may be more gassed than an in the box safety that's chasing him.

And everyone has different levels of cardio.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It really doesn't.

If you have a WR who's been running a lot of deep routes, he may be more gassed than an in the box safety that's chasing him.

And everyone has different levels of cardio.
"No Excuses"
~Somebody Smart

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Man, I really like the way he punches out that stiff arm with so much accuracy to the outside shoulder. He's literally turning guys with such skill that they're off balance and in on the ground, that's awesome to pull off against safeties!

And if you notice, he seems to being doing that well on both sides, securing the ball well in either hand.

He's combining good instincts with skill and drive. This is a good pick.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Im not a believer but we will see.
Probably my least favorite pick in this draft.
He lacks the speed to turn the corner and the elite level quickness needed to make up for it in the NFL.
His balance is good, but his feet hesitate sometimes...

Hope I am wrong but I dont think he can start in the NFL if needed and if we had to draft a RB, we needed someone with big time speed to compliment Malcolm Brown, who is a fine #2 but needs a speed compliment if injuries forced us to run by committee.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im not a believer but we will see.
Probably my least favorite pick in this draft.
He lacks the speed to turn the corner and the elite level quickness needed to make up for it in the NFL.
His balance is good, but his feet hesitate sometimes...

Hope I am wrong but I dont think he can start in the NFL if needed and if we had to draft a RB, we needed someone with big time speed to compliment Malcolm Brown, who is a fine #2 but needs a speed compliment if injuries forced us to run by committee.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I think JK was a fantastic college back and the exact kind of player I like to root for.
Im just not sold on his tools translating to the NFL... but im certainly no expert

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I think JK was a fantastic college back and the exact kind of player I like to root for.
Im just not sold on his tools translating to the NFL... but im certainly no expert
He might not have those other things you listed earlier, but based on that video he has instinct and willpower. That's probably enough to get him on a roster and in a few games.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe

Not sure your point. Coming on here, posting Brown's highlight reel on a Kelly forum thread.

Great, Brown was good in college. He's a perennial backup in the NFL. Time for Kelly to make it a competition. May the best man win.

With the receiving skills Kelly has and the ability to make people miss, easily and often

A Gurley + Kelly combo could be Thunder + Lightning in LA.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can def see him replacing malcolm brown and ofcourse TA’s role now as well. Diverse back which will be much use for us.
I agree. I have heard some say that Brown is better..or long for the days of Benny Cunningham again. He has to prove it on the field, but I think John Kelly might not be a #2 RB. He might be #1b to Gurley's #1a. If he is that good, I wonder what happens when it's time to re-sign Gurley?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I agree. I have heard some say that Brown is better..or long for the days of Benny Cunningham again. He has to prove it on the field, but I think John Kelly might not be a #2 RB. He might be #1b to Gurley's #1a. If he is that good, I wonder what happens when it's time to re-sign Gurley?

From what I see from JKs now being to what he can be molded into is scary good. Malcolm B and Justin D have a lot to worry about. Def behind Gurley he has a chip on his shoulder and says he can up on Kamara in route running. Im excited.