With DX in the starting lineup the passing game will improve

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Re: With DX in the starting lineup the passing game will imp

RealRamsFan said:
Sam and the passing game will look totally different. Sam had his best games in his career when DX is in starting lineup...leading the way.

Now with Lloyd on the other side....I expect a possible upset.

Lets go Rams
I've been intrigued with this as well. Speed and size at both corners, I like it. Throw Pettis in the slot and that is a lot of size mismatches.

moklerman

Warner-phile

Too bad Bradford missed practice today and is now listed day-to-day after having a setback with his ankle.

steferfootball

Starter

moklerman said:
Too bad Bradford missed practice today and is now listed day-to-day after having a setback with his ankle.
I was about to post this. Bradford finally regains some of his accuracy, then has a setback. :cry:

bluecoconuts

Legend

I bet Sam plays with that brace again, probably for the rest of the season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

I'm getting kinda tired of being teased by Alexander. Will he play? No. Will he play? No. Will he play? Maybe. Will he play? No. Will he play? Yes! Will he play after that? I dunno. Is he injured? Yes. Will he play? No. Is he better this week? Yeah. Is he practicing? No. Will he play? Maybe.

I really don't see them keeping him around next year. Especially since he's going to have his 5th surgery after the season is over. That's just too much of a balancing act with the roster with little payoff. Too bad he has such shitty knees, or he'd be one of the top 5 receivers in the league.

Anonymous

X said:
I'm getting kinda tired of being teased by Alexander. Will he play? No. Will he play? No. Will he play? Maybe. Will he play? No. Will he play? Yes! Will he play after that? I dunno. Is he injured? Yes. Will he play? No. Is he better this week? Yeah. Is he practicing? No. Will he play? Maybe.

I really don't see them keeping him around next year. Especially since he's going to have his 5th surgery after the season is over. That's just too much of a balancing act with the roster with little payoff. Too bad he has such shitty knees, or he'd be one of the top 5 receivers in the league.

I agree. DX should be cut. His knees will only get worse. Hate to say it because his potential hasn't been realized and he's a hell of a fighter with those operations on his knees....but durability is necessary to get familiar with the offense....and he's never had it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

X said:

I too believe that the DX experiment is over, and it's too bad, the kid has million dollar talent and .50 cent knees.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

RealRamsFan said:
I didn't hear anything about his knees .....it was a hamstring That kept him off the field.

Has there been a setback on his knee?

I thought he said no surgery?
Yeah, his hamstring is the most recent development, but his knees have been an ongoing issue since day 1. As you know, he elected not to have one of them scoped so that he could play through it and not miss any time, but it seems like overcompensating for THAT would make another injury like his hammy pop up. He'll have that knee scoped after the season, but it's safe to say that he requires way too much maintenance and can't be relied upon to play more than a handful of games. And even the games he does play, he's not real consistent. Likely because he doesn't get enough reps due to sitting out and resting his knees. It's a vicious cycle.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

RealRamsFan said:
I didn't hear anything about his knees .....it was a hamstring That kept him off the field.

Alexander delayed surgery until the end of the season - and this next one will be his sixth knee surgery (he's also had other injuries, such as a wrist injury that kept him out of the 2007 Big Twelve Championship against Oklahoma). It's a shame, really. He's like a younger Randy Moss with a work ethic and no ego or character issues, but his body's betrayed him too many times for him to be effective.

With Maclin out because of a helmet-to-helmet hit (Dunta Robinson, I like you as a person, but you don't have to lead with your helmet on every hit) and Alexander having injury concerns since high school, it's not a good year to be a Mizzou wide receiver in the NFL. I don't even want to think about what might happen to T.J. Moe and Marcus Lucas when they make it.

:boohoo:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

RealRamsFan said:

Sorry to scare you, just a commentary on his knees. A hamstring can be brutal as well, I ripped mine in half after catching a deep pass. It took over a year to heal, and I was never as fast as I was before.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

RealRamsFan said:
X said:
RealRamsFan said:

Yeah, his hamstring is the most recent development, but his knees have been an ongoing issue since day 1. As you know, he elected not to have one of them scoped so that he could play through it and not miss any time, but it seems like overcompensating for THAT would make another injury like his hammy pop up. He'll have that knee scoped after the season, but it's safe to say that he requires way too much maintenance and can't be relied upon to play more than a handful of games. And even the games he does play, he's not real consistent. Likely because he doesn't get enough reps due to sitting out and resting his knees. It's a vicious cycle.

I'll take quality over quantity. Look at what he has done in 5 games and compare to the other WRs who played twice as much.

His knee hasn't caused him miss a total of 2-3 games in his two seasons in NFL. Fletcher knees has caused him to miss so much more but no one says cut him....

Again, name the WRs who gas obtained 100 yards in a game as a Ram ....I'll take those guys on this roster ....can't make plays on offense...cut a playmaker.....wow
Uhhh. Okay? He's played in 13 out of 26 games, and he's started 3. Amassing 36 catches. Look, I know you love the kid and all, but for all your clamoring for smart roster management, keeping a guy around in the *hopes* that he might play, is strangely contradicting. As someone said, he'll be on his 6th knee surgery. Does that scream longevity to you?

I've got nothing against him as a player, and already said he'd be an elite talent if he wasn't otherwise screwed by his knees. I, personally, just don't see the justification in keeping a guy around who may or may not play on a weekly basis. Tough kid for sure, but the cards are stacked against him. To each his own though. If you think they'll carry him along for another year after his 6th knee surgery, then okie dokie.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

RealRamsFan said:
X said:
RealRamsFan said:

I'll take quality over quantity. Look at what he has done in 5 games and compare to the other WRs who played twice as much.

His knee has caused him miss a total of 2-3 games in his two seasons in NFL. Fletcher knees has caused him to miss so much more but no one says cut him....

Again, name the WRs who gas obtained over 70 yards in a game multiple times as a Ram over the past two seasons ....I'll take those guys on this roster

....can't make plays on offense...cut a playmaker.....wow

His first 11 games he played in the NFL, He has had over 90 yards receiving in 4 of them .... look up how many WRs can say that!

In a league with only 16 games ....you want quality over quantity.

You never cut talent over a paranoia.

RRF, I'm a Mizzou fan. I want every player that comes into the NFL from Mizzou to start and be successful. I want Danario to succeed and prove his doubters wrong even more than you do. But even I'm looking at this realistically; even one knee surgery can derail a career, and Alexander will have his sixth after this season.

That's not paranoia; it's logical reasoning and common sense. Alexander just can't stay healthy, and it's been that way since before he played at college. Alexander's NFL future was in doubt before he had his hamstring injury. Believe me, I really hate to say this about a Mizzou player, but it's just not logical to keep a guy who is unable to stay healthy. After this season, I'd honestly be shocked if we didn't cut our losses with DX.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Memento said:
RealRamsFan said:
X said:
RealRamsFan said:

His knee has caused him miss a total of 2-3 games in his two seasons in NFL. Fletcher knees has caused him to miss so much more but no one says cut him....

Again, name the WRs who gas obtained over 70 yards in a game multiple times as a Ram over the past two seasons ....I'll take those guys on this roster

His first 11 games he played in the NFL, He has had over 90 yards receiving in 4 of them .... look up how many WRs can say that!

RRF, I'm a Mizzou fan. I want every player that comes into the NFL from Mizzou to start and be successful. I want Danario to succeed and prove his doubters wrong even more than you do. But even I'm looking at this realistically; even one knee surgery can derail a career, and Alexander will have his sixth after this season.

That's not paranoia; it's logical reasoning and common sense. Alexander just can't stay healthy, and it's been that way since before he played at college. Alexander's NFL future was in doubt before he had his hamstring injury. Believe me, I really hate to say this about a Mizzou player, but it's just not logical to keep a guy who is unable to stay healthy. After this season, I'd honestly be shocked if we didn't cut our losses with DX.
Nobody said to cut him, but we need to find a more reliable option for him next year, which is what we were talking about. Look, I carried DX's torch around the whole preseason and argued he should be on the team. I love what he's done, but we need to be smarter next year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

DR RAM said:
Nobody said to cut him, but we need to find a more reliable option for him next year.
I don't understand. Could you expand on that?

bluecoconuts

Legend

RealRamsFan said:
Memento said:
RealRamsFan said:
X said:
RealRamsFan said:

I'm not a MU fan .....

The injury in question caused him to miss two to three games .....assuming he'll miss a large chunk of time is paranoia.
We don't know

His hamstring injury isn't what worries people. His knee is.

1y956e.jpg

Every game he plays he has to wear this knee brace. You can go back and look through pictures, he has it on, always. It makes his accomplishments even that much more impressive, but you cannot expect someone who needs to wear a knee brace in his rookie season (his first game in the NFL he's wearing it) at all times to have a long and productive career. The Rams will keep DX as long as they think they can get more from him than other receivers (Gilyard, Avery, etc) but they have already said they know they are on borrowed time with him.

We all want DX to succeed in the NFL, but we can't expect it. It's just a harsh reality of life. The Rams would be wise to get a tall receiver who can help stretch the defense and can stay healthy to replace DX with.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

X said:
DR RAM said:
Nobody said to cut him, but we need to find a more reliable option for him next year.
We need
logo_foto.jpg
Baby.

Preferably one's without extensive injury histories. :boing:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

RealRamsFan said:
X said:
RealRamsFan said:
X said:
RealRamsFan said:

His knee hasn't caused him miss a total of 2-3 games in his two seasons in NFL. Fletcher knees has caused him to miss so much more but no one says cut him....

Again, name the WRs who gas obtained 100 yards in a game as a Ram ....I'll take those guys on this roster ....can't make plays on offense...cut a playmaker.....wow
Uhhh. Okay? He's played in 13 out of 26 games, and he's started 3. Amassing 36 catches. Look, I know you love the kid and all, but for all your clamoring for smart roster management, keeping a guy around in the *hopes* that he might play, is strangely contradicting. As someone said, he'll be on his 6th knee surgery. Does that scream longevity to you?

I've got nothing against him as a player, and already said he'd be an elite talent if he wasn't otherwise screwed by his knees. I, personally, just don't see the justification in keeping a guy around who may or may not play on a weekly basis. Tough kid for sure, but the cards are stacked against him. To each his own though. If you think they'll carry him along for another year after his 6th knee surgery, then okie dokie.

13 of 26 games ....yes, that's true. But How many were due to his injured knee?

In year one he was held out due to precaution not injury.
This year the precautions were lifted somewhat.....like special teams and starting.

DX will make more big game changing plays in 8 games than any other WR, outside of Lloyd, in 16 games.

Your logic makes little sense to me....

You would take Curry over DX
You would take Gibson over DX
Leber would get a Jersey over DX?

Yes he may have his 6th surgery .....but that's misleading. He is getting maintenance not a surgery due to a reinjury....

You do not cut a playmaker because he may get hurt.
My logic makes little sense to you because you're putting words in my mouth and then calling it my logic. Leber?

I didn't mention any player other than Alexander. If you don't think he's injury prone, then you have an inordinate amount of faith in someone who has gone under the knife 5 times, going on 6. I'm only telling you it doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies to go into another season with guys who could end up on IR, or miss chunks of games due to "swelling" or "re-aggravation". And that statement isn't exclusive to Alexander either. I think this team took a lot of chances on guys who had past injury histories. It's not a formula for success. And there's nothing misleading about a 6th surgery. Surgery is surgery. Otherwise they'd call it happy fun knife time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
We need
logo_foto.jpg
Baby.

That's so crazy, it just might work!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
We need
logo_foto.jpg
Baby.

That's so crazy, it just might work!
It's fucking time for crazy, X!

bluecoconuts

Legend

RealRamsFan said:
I jumped the gun ...you didn't say any names.

Look it's simple.

You keep as many playmakers as possible. His number of surgeries is irrelevant. If he's healthy, like everyone else, he plays. Keeping offensive players who are not playmakers creates a weakened offense (Curry, Gibson, Porter) . You never cut proven/potential playmakers when your team has so few. That's part of the reason we are struggling on offense.

Of course you don't put all the chips on his knees ....but you do gamble with talent.

No it's not. Not with knees. The number of surgeries on a single knee is extremely important. We all know he can play when he can, the problem is how often he can play. If he's only good for 3-5 games a season, that's a wasted roster spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.