Williams/Rivers are a solid duo.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
They run hard, downhill and fight for yards. Both solid in pass pro. Best RB combo since Gurley/Brown for the Rams. I really expect the distribution to be very similar regarding when Rivers comes in to spell Williams as it was with Gurley and Brown. McVay loves Williams in the Redzone.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I just one of them had some game breaking speed.

Surgical combine one of them with Tutu and we are in business.

Psycho_X

Legend
Rivers provides some tough running and hits the holes good but his pass pro scares me.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
They both look to be smart runners.
I like that Rivers is a little more explosive and a little closer to the ground. I think they have something there.

That being said, I'd still love a guy like Taylor.. but would settle for Rashaad Penny.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Williams knows where the end zone is.
He's playing well and a regular on the scoreboard.
Quite content with the running thus far...as long as McVay gives them carries.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Very happy to see Rivers emerge yesterday. Looks like he can do a lot of the same things as Kyren, which means subbing them in for each other is not a tell in the way it was with Cam.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
PFF didn’t give Williams a great pass blocking grade, and they claim Rivers was better at it.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I just don’t feel like you can count on them on 3rd & 2 to get any push, if needed.

Ellard80

Legend
they have been good.. but i feel like we still need a bigger back for short yardage and blitz pick up

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I am interested to see what happens when Evans is able to get some playing time, they seem to be set at RB.

MaxQ28

Rookie
Williams knows where the end zone is.
He's playing well and a regular on the scoreboard.
Quite content with the running thus far...as long as McVay gives them carries.
Well said. My brother and I just talked about this same thing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
PFF didn’t give Williams a great pass blocking grade, and they claim Rivers was better at it.
Not sure on that, I know Williams is excellent in pass pro, he was rated as the top RB for pass protection coming out of the draft. Rivers stuck his nose in there, but although listed at 5-9, that is because of his hair. Rivers is 5-7 and seemed to get engulfed in pass protection IMHO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’d still love to see the Rams with bigger back with speed. Or even a Chris Johnson who was only 5’-11” and 195 lbs. It would change this offense. Or even if the Rams had won the McCaffrey trade this offense gets scary.

But I’ll be happy with Williams and Rivers because they both see the holes and hit them with a burst and at the end of the run they are falling forward, which is something that we all loved about Sony Michel. He’d get an extra yard or two on nearly every run. It’s much harder to tackle a guy that gets low and dives forward.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Our RBs are sufficient but I think we can do better there honestly. They are both small backs. A bigger, more homerun threat RB would drastically improve this offense since the running blocking has been much better. However adding this type of back probably won't happen til next year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the idea that a bigger back is needed for short yardage is over rated. Getting the short yardage is about hitting a gap. Williams in 64 carries has 15 1st downs and 5 TD, for a guy without breakaway speed, that says he gets it done
No doubt he's not a bell cow type, with his penchant for pass blocking and his slight frame, he cant be handling 20 carries a gam, its just not feasible. I liked a lot of what Rivers showed

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I'd like to see what Royce Freeman has in the tank.
Living in the PNW - I noticed he put up decent numbers for the Ducks (albeit, 6 years ago)...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We don't have a bell cow type back who can carry the run game. But we have two guys who run with toughness and don't mess around waiting for a hole to happen. One that usually doesn't happen. They just hit it quick. So they don't have to many negative runs. Do we need a bell cow type back who gets you 20 carries a game? There are some good teams who don't have one. As long as you have a good passing game.