Will The Rams Right The Ship?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It depends whether they can get the O-line to perform. The question you have to ask is whether swapping Noteboom for Edwards is going to better than status quo. I can't imagine this is going to help the situation.

it was actually swapping demby for edwards. the line with noteboom was not as bad as it is with demby.

fingers crossed he can hold his own this season.

TexasRam

Legend
it was actually swapping demby for edwards. the line with noteboom was not as bad as it is with demby.

fingers crossed he can hold his own this season.

agreed. Noteboom can pass block pretty good he just struggles run blocking at guard. This is why Goff was throwing for 400 and 500 yards but we couldn’t run the ball.

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
I agree with the many here that have posted about it being all-dependent on the offensive line. Personally, I break it down like this:

Whit and Hav- They have both demonstrated the ability to play at a high level in the league. If they don't get back to that, the conversation ends. The other 3 positions wouldn't matter, the year ends in a disappointing season.

Guards- Being a Badger, I am a huge Edwards fan. He'll make some mistakes, but I think both of our G's moving forward will show improvement.

Allen- I didn't see "it" coming out of college, was hoping to be wrong, but he has just been bad. With his lack of anchor, I just don't have much optimism.

Snead will need to determine if that will be enough to make a serious run or make a move for an interior linemen. Personally, I prefer a stout center and am hoping he makes a move.

If the o-line improves, I feel great about everywhere else. I think we make a run.

A side note: I've seen a lot of comments about people feeling okay with Noteboom at LOT next year. Typically, his strong pass blocking seems to make those folks feel pretty confident. While I would agree he's strong in the pass game and has great feet, I'm just not comfortable with a LT that is a liability in run blocking.

Wisconsinram

fearsomefour

Legend
Logical improvement doesn’t always apply. That’s my downfall on predicting wins and losses. I expect logical improvement.

perhaps the real logic is that there will be issues.
Just have to see some play first that would indicate it.
Logical improvement on the D? Yes I agree. They added smart, vet players.
Logical improvement on the OL with two green players next to each other? Not so much.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
After the last two years I really didn't think I'd be finding myself feeling this way about the team for awhile (worried) I've been a fan since I was just a girl but man it hurts being a fan of this team sometimes. I'll still watch each week though and believe we can win till the whistle blows

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think there is no reason why they can't.

Ellard80

Legend
Even right as we were getting slobber knocked by the 49ners I mentioned that our upcoming schedule is winnable.

TexasRam

Legend
I agree with the many here that have posted about it being all-dependent on the offensive line. Personally, I break it down like this:

Whit and Hav- They have both demonstrated the ability to play at a high level in the league. If they don't get back to that, the conversation ends. The other 3 positions wouldn't matter, the year ends in a disappointing season.

Guards- Being a Badger, I am a huge Edwards fan. He'll make some mistakes, but I think both of our G's moving forward will show improvement.

Allen- I didn't see "it" coming out of college, was hoping to be wrong, but he has just been bad. With his lack of anchor, I just don't have much optimism.

Snead will need to determine if that will be enough to make a serious run or make a move for an interior linemen. Personally, I prefer a stout center and am hoping he makes a move.

If the o-line improves, I feel great about everywhere else. I think we make a run.

A side note: I've seen a lot of comments about people feeling okay with Noteboom at LOT next year. Typically, his strong pass blocking seems to make those folks feel pretty confident. While I would agree he's strong in the pass game and has great feet, I'm just not comfortable with a LT that is a liability in run blocking.

Wisconsinram

I was really down on Brian Allen, but from game 3 vs Cleveland on he has been pretty good in my book. Last week was sort of rough and he doesn't have great push in the run game. But he can hold up in pass pro vs most of the non Pro Bowl type DT's. I think we can upgrade there but currently LG and swing tackle is my biggest concern. I assume if one of our tackles goes down Edwards slides to Tackle and Corbett to LG. It's a real dicey situation. We need more depth. Allen is year 1 in the NFL, so I would give him some time to see if he can improve as he has shown some solid growth since week 1. Don't get me wrong the Seattle false snap thing still pisses me off, but it was slightly loud there too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not either but he's going to have time to work that part of his game. Next year problem really, just feel bad for the dude right now.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Wisconsinram

Well and with it being both an ACL and MCL, I think that unless he heals like Kupp, he won't be ready until the regular season at the earliest and this OL is gonna need that time to gel, so I think Noteboom may end up as the off the bench backup at the start of the season. It's just the logistics of surgery, rehab and recovery and then getting those injuries to heal enough to be a 310lb dude being super athletic... rush and risk re-injury.

Also, maybe Brian Allen can not throw guys down (risking a flag, to boot)...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think the changes made sent a message to the locker room.

We're here to WIN. Get on or get off, but this bus is going to Victoryville and we ain't making any stops in Loserton (It has to be spelled that way because there's no W in Loserton...)

The FO has sent a CLEAR signal that they will trade away and trade for a former All-Pro if it will help the team.

Plus the excitement of having two of the top 10 defenders in the league on D has seemed to put a jolt of energy into everyone (loved that Ramsey acknowledged that AD is the best in all of football. Game respects game, yo.)

I did one of those "playoff predictors" in which you go game by game and the rest of our schedule is winnable. We have a few tough games... SF in SF, Bears in LA, Seattle in LA... but they are winnable.

I'll say it. If they get this OL going...enough... they could win out.

And I'm the same guy who said this team was a 5-11 team.

Part of that is the difference in McVay's demeanor. I think HE thinks he's figured something out. For weeks, it's been that same furrowed brow. Last PC, he seemed lighter and every time that happened, this team was ready to take off.