Will The Rams Right The Ship?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Let me just say I've been a Rams fan since the Roman Gabriel days. The Rams were a powerhouse in the 70's but could never win a SB. It seems as if either the Vi-queens or Cowgirls killed us every year in the playoffs. If we beat one, we lost to the other. . Thanks goodness for Kurt Warner and Dick Vermeil finally getting us a championship in the 1999-2000 season. I can die happy even if we don't win another, although I am really hoping for more titles.

Fast forward to now. The Rams started 3-0, although looking shaky. But now we are 0-3 since then. The front office made some serious moves to improve the roster. Can we right the ship? Truth be told, I think the Rams can right the ship, and depending on who returns from IR, we can still be a factor in the playoffs.

My only fear is that we will be like the Phoenix rising from the fire only to fizzle out. I really hope I'm wrong but you can't blame me based on team history. Until then I bleed blue and white. I believe in McVay and think we can turn the corner and get back into the NFC West race.

Win against the 1-5 Falcons (revenge for the playoffs 2 years ago) then the 0-6 Bengals and we can go 5-3 with the bye up next. Thoughts from other Rams faithful?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Win against the 1-5 Falcons (revenge for the playoffs 2 years ago) then the 0-6 Bengals and we can go 5-3 with the bye up next. Thoughts from other Rams faithful?

Rams are thinking one game at a time, but if you pinned them to the mat this would be what they hope happens...

Get some momentum going!

Go Rams!

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Let me just say I've been a Rams fan since the Roman Gabriel days

So have I and it has been a rough ride at times but there have also been some glorious and uplifting times. Oh, the life of a fan who lives and dies with his team.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yes, adversity happens to all teams.

Stay the course and continue onward.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Will The Rams Right The Ship?

BEFORE THE RAMSEY TRADE
tenor.gif

AFTER THE RAMSEY TRADE
228998a1f73e806175de999843a579bc.gif

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Tough road. 11-5 these days doesn't guarantee a playoff birth and we have tough games left. Bears, Hags, Whiners, Ravens. Are we capable? If the O-line tightens up yes, and if the secondary gels.

nighttrain

Legend
my view, we've played the toughest part of our schedule and came out 3-3, and could easily be 4-2. The loss to the whiners was a heart breaker, but it's done. Looking at the remaining schedule, well if we can beat the Falcons, no easy task on their turf with then being 1-5 and desperate, but doable, the rest of our schedule is totally winnable. Not just koolaid but just need this one W and for Goff to get his mojo back. Going forward we have Gurley and Higbeast back, and this is huge. Gurley has something to prove and will rise to the occasion
GO RAMS

train

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes but then we've been discussing this very thing in a dozen other threads already come join the discussion :)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the answer is yes. One game at a time, and for now just get the OL sorted. Way I see it there are two issues with the OL, those being "this year" and "the offseason."

For this year all they have to do is sort LG. If Edwards can do that it should allow them to start building this thing and maybe push for the playoffs. Center unfortunately will be a review after the season type deal because of the way they set up their depth, but there is a chance Allen improves.

For next year they need to figure out LT and RG. If Allen doesn't improve Center too. So if they don't get LG rolling this season it could potentially be a 4 position deal. Which is insane tbh. Now that said it's safe to assume they have some of those answers in house but still. So it's a big deal that LG gets sorted quicklike and in a hurry.

…..

Legend
I posted a 10-6 record before the season.
Maybe still that.
More likely 9-7 territory. 8-8?
Why would you have thought 10-6? Just curious. Schedule maybe?

I ask because we are all spoiled and I would have guessed no more than 4 losses.

Then again, I had the reasonable expectation of continued improvement. The line woes are way beyond what I thought would happen. A long time Roger Saffold fan, I still did not anticipate how much losing him would hurt us.

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
It depends whether they can get the O-line to perform. The question you have to ask is whether swapping Noteboom for Edwards is going to better than status quo. I can't imagine this is going to help the situation.

fearsomefour

Legend
Why would you have thought 10-6? Just curious. Schedule maybe?

I ask because we are all spoiled and I would have guessed no more than 4 losses.

Then again, I had the reasonable expectation of continued improvement. The line woes are way beyond what I thought would happen. A long time Roger Saffold fan, I still did not anticipate how much losing him would hurt us.
The OL.
For all of the “don’t worry about it” sentiment on the board it was major change up front. Inexperienced lineman take time. Replacing multiple pieces at once with inexperienced lineman....I expected plenty of growing pains.
Uncertainty about the D.
The D was largely terrible most of last year.
They added pieces but no idea how those would play out.
That’s basically it.

Ram65

Legend
McVay has to make some adjustments to compensate for the offensive line problems. If he can and Edwards can hold his own just maybe they can get back in the hunt.

…..

Legend
The OL.
For all of the “don’t worry about it” sentiment on the board it was major change up front. Inexperienced lineman take time. Replacing multiple pieces at once with inexperienced lineman....I expected plenty of growing pains.
Uncertainty about the D.
The D was largely terrible most of last year.
They added pieces but no idea how those would play out.
That’s basically it.
Logical improvement doesn’t always apply. That’s my downfall on predicting wins and losses. I expect logical improvement.

perhaps the real logic is that there will be issues.