Why to Buy into "Manziel to Rams' rumors/SI.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Back in January, on another Rams site I said we should create a Rams/Manziel draft Rumor. That way we fans, could help the Rams #2 pick become more valuable. I got hammered on the other Rams site for betraying Sam Bradford. Although some folks could see and understand what I was talking about. Well, it would appear Snead and Fisher are starting that exact rumor, with an added Vikings Bradford trade rumor to supplement the Manziel rumor.

Bottom Line Folks- Go with the flow of the Manziel Rumor. Let's makes some noise and raise the value of our #2 pick! Pretend you want Manziel. Love Manziel, if only for a few days, and then you can return to Manziel Hate after the draft.

For Example- Do you think we could get the Viking #8 pick for Sam Bradford? Nudge nudge, wink, wink.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would just prefer to go this route......provide Sam Bradford with a better than average healthy NFL offensive line .....and ...and that's it simple...you finally provide Sam Bradford with that one ingredient that he has never had & the rest will be magic! Nothing else needs to be done here Snead & Fisher should just do this & this team will win & win big with Sam. Why complicate things all up here. Snead & Fisher have a defense present that is very good & a new DC who is outstanding to keep the heady Sam Bradford in most games.

Yes by all means go draft a young talented pocket passing QB similar to Sam in size, arm power,touch & groom to be here when Sam misses games and hold the fort till Sam returns....do not draft a QB who is completely different this make no sense!

Now nothing wrong with putting out these rumors that you are thinking hard on Manziel...that might shake up the Texans to go ahead and draft a QB leaving us with Jadeveon not bad. Could cause the seriously QB needy teams (Jags-Browns-Raiders) who are smirking thinking that they will be able to just trade back & get their QB of their choice at will to rethink a more direct forceful path. Where they will need to use a high second round selection to get up into position. Now I understand that getting an extra 2nd round selection should be a priority from the get go.

Last edited:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'd be open to picking up Manziel in the second.

There is only one thing though, he (and his media circus) does remind me of Tim Tebow but I think I like TT more :s

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm confident enough that I just put $200,000.00 down that the Rams don't draft Manziel.

glengarry-glen-ross.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
I've seen him make plenty of plays with his arm. Watch more tape on him if you haven't.
I've watched tape of him. I see a guy throwing up rainbows. I see a guy throwing off his back foot. I see a guy passing up or not seeing open receivers. To me he is a developmental guy. This would be a disastrous move in my opinion.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Oh no I didn't.

But if I did I'll have PHX fix it.

There is NO way they take Manziel, and even if they weren't sold on Bradford there is no way they take that big of a risk at the top of the draft. No effing way.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've watched tape of him. I see a guy throwing up rainbows. I see a guy throwing off his back foot. I see a guy passing up or not seeing open receivers. To me he is a developmental guy. This would be a disastrous move in my opinion.

i saw the same things when leinart was coming out. his passes would be gobbled up by nfl secondaries. couldn't understand what the hype was about. nfl gms saw the same thing too and he dropped like a lead balloon until that baffoon denny green took him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh no I didn't.

But if I did I'll have PHX fix it.

There is NO way they take Manziel, and even if they weren't sold on Bradford there is no way they take that big of a risk at the top of the draft. No effing way.
Duh. That's why there's a good payout. Look at the bet again, Rain Man.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
i saw the same things when leinart was coming out. his passes would be gobbled up by nfl secondaries. couldn't understand what the hype was about. nfl gms saw the same thing too and he dropped like a lead balloon until that baffoon denny green took him.

LOL I was trying to tell people that about him and Reggie Bush. ML had more time to pass than anyone I've ever seen. I was watching highlights and he was getting 3,4,5,6 and up to 7 seconds to throw. Bush was running through holes that were so big two backs could have come out of the backfield and gone through untouched. I was saying there was no way they would see that type of blocking in the NFL, it doesn't exist.

And then Green effed up the Cardinals, and playing ML ended up costing him his job. At least it was a big part of it. Green was a solid talent evaluator too, but he whiffed on that one.

fearsomefour

Legend

All things considered he still went high, 10th I think. Leinart had the success in college on loaded teams (cheatin Pete). He just didnt have the arm strength. When you see a team running the majority of passes as short timing routes that are outs (under 15 yards), screens and rollouts to me that says they don't trust the QB.
Leinart had some good tools and probably looked good in practice. But vs. NFL D at game speed having to adjust....college superstar, NFL practice player.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Is it just me or is this year simply not a good year for finding a franchise QB. None of the QB's excite me I'd be happy to pick up a solid back-up option (rounds 3/4) and if Sam, doesn't pull it off tho year then we have to look at a different solution under centre next season

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Go for it.

ok, i will.

if the odds are good.

hmmm, no option for the rams not taking manziel.

i wonder how many will take the 8/1 odds for the rams picking manziel?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah. True.
It is funny how it goes and how money influences things. Leinart starts and a HOF QB is on the bench. Nice call coach.

to be fair kurt wasn't playing that well at the time. the whiz coming to town saved his career as whiz built his offense around kurt's strengths. something the giants and green didn't do.

fearsomefour

Legend
to be fair kurt wasn't playing that well at the time. the whiz coming to town saved his career as whiz built his offense around kurt's strengths. something the giants and green didn't do.

Having watched every game one of Warner's very best seasons was the year he started 10 games....I think right before Leinart was drafted. He was operating with one of the worst lines ever put together, zero running game and a bad D. The numbers don't pop but he was playing at an elite level that season.