Why the Raiders are worse off with Jon Gruden in charge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
George
The article seems a bit slanted.

The WR moves are interesting. Jordy Nelson may have lost a step and some quickness but, he start the new culture Gruden wants. Nelson will be a great example leader for the Raiders.

Round 1, pick 15 (from ARI) — Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
Round 3, Pick 87 (from LAR) — Arden Key, DE, LSU
receiver Martavis Bryant.

Gruden cuts ... punter and saves money

yes to all of the above in your entire post.

I think the biggest off season moves are (#1) DC Gunther over the failures they had for the last few years (#2) Offensive Coordinator ... the new guy had success last season, the guy he replaced didn't. (#3) professional mentor for Derek Carr ... Rich Gannon .... will Carr show any double-pumps this season? I think he will. (#4) the HC from last season lost the respect of his players prior to game 3 last year and he never got that respect back. Even Jeff 7-9 Fisher would be an improvement over the Raider's last season's HC.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
She couldn't do what she did without him winning his law suit. Then he too turned his back on LA.

Yeah I had forgotten Davis' role in opening up the new era of musical-cities, screw-the-fans NFL. I remember disliking him at the time for that very reason now that you mention it. Even his move to L.A. made it a tough time for Rams fans.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The article seems a bit slanted.

The WR moves are interesting. Jordy Nelson may have lost a step and some quickness but, he start the new culture Gruden wants. Nelson will be a great example leader for the Raiders. If Bryant stays out of trouble he could be a good pickup. He has size and talent. Some risks but they could work out.

Speaking of risks and rewards, how about the Raiders draft.

Yeah I do think subtracting Crabtree was a culture move, and a good one. Nelson is definitely a culture addition, might give them a year but either way he's a stopgap, bridge type guy. And they got Bryant too.

Their draft is a mixed bag to my eye, I mean you never know but Miller was my favorite OT in the draft and I think he's going to be a helluva player. Key I would never have drafted, but hey it's the Raiders. Think they'll miss on him but if not damn. And a couple big bodies for the DL. They might get a few starter level types out of this haul.

I still hate the Raiders btw. And I'm no Gruden fan, but he was an immense HC upgrade. They have a chance now.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
SPORTS_FBN-RAIDERS-GRUDEN_6_SA.jpg

20120421_080325_ssjm0111raiders09.jpg

images

Debacled

Starter
you made some great points (thank you for being realistic) ... not to mention, the success of the running back that Cable's OL in seattle blocked for ... I forgot what team that RB is on now ...does anyone remember?

I don't know why people get so wound up against the Raiders.

The Rams will defeat them in pre-season, they will defeat them in the regular season, and they will defeat them in the post-season.

going to be a fun season to be watching both the Rams and Raiders.... I'm glad this thread was started.

Feb 3, 2019 here we come.

Gruden isn't a bad coach. Is he worth that contract? Time will tell, but drawing assumptions will get nowhere. He was the hottest name in coaching for nearly a decade for a reason though, and Lombardi trophy winning coaches don't come open every year (I don't care if Dungy 'built" that team).