why I love you guys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tomlib

Sword and Sorcery with a Libertarian Edge
Name
Tom
The Gloomies. It's an interesting psychological phenomenon to be honest. It's not just sports of course because we find them in all walks of life.

I think it's actually about wanting your team to lose. I know it sounds strange but that's the conclusion I've drawn. They predict something bad and what makes them happy is when it comes true. They believe they are happier when they correctly predicted something bad but the reality is they want the team to lose. They lie to themselves with lines like, "I hope I'm wrong." They don't hope anything of the kind. They want to be right and they want the team to lose. The player to fail. The coach to be fired.

Why? Here comes the psycho-babble so stop reading if it bothers you. They hate themselves. They hate what they've made of their lives and they want everyone else to be miserable. They do everything they can to spread their unhappiness. They love it when a fan like me is miserable because of a poor performance. They feed off other people's misery because they think it somehow justifies their own failures in life.

People who are genuinely happy. Who love their friends, their family, their job, their teams. They don't want anyone else to be miserable. They want everyone to be happy like they are happy. They do things to try and make other people happy.

Not to say that the gloomies are never happy or the true fans are always happy. It's a percentage game. If you are happy more often than miserable you're doing something right. The higher the percentage, the better off you are. The gloomies, they're at a bad ratio.

They'll always tell you how happy they are. How great their life is. How wonderful their new relationship is. How everything is perfect and grand. Because they don't understand reality. Misery is part of life but so is joy. So they lie to themselves about their own lack of joy. Then, eventually, like the rest of us, they die.

Have a joyful season, everyone!

Go Rams,

Tom

Alan

Legend
PhxRam wondering about timing:
Did you just take your medicine?
That was about three hours ago but it seems to have been much stronger yesterday's. :ROFLMAO:

PhxRam

The Gloomies. It's an interesting psychological phenomenon to be honest. It's not just sports of course because we find them in all walks of life.

I think it's actually about wanting your team to lose. I know it sounds strange but that's the conclusion I've drawn. They predict something bad and what makes them happy is when it comes true. They believe they are happier when they correctly predicted something bad but the reality is they want the team to lose. They lie to themselves with lines like, "I hope I'm wrong." They don't hope anything of the kind. They want to be right and they want the team to lose. The player to fail. The coach to be fired.

Why? Here comes the psycho-babble so stop reading if it bothers you. They hate themselves. They hate what they've made of their lives and they want everyone else to be miserable. They do everything they can to spread their unhappiness. They love it when a fan like me is miserable because of a poor performance. They feed off other people's misery because they think it somehow justifies their own failures in life.

People who are genuinely happy. Who love their friends, their family, their job, their teams. They don't want anyone else to be miserable. They want everyone to be happy like they are happy. They do things to try and make other people happy.

Not to say that the gloomies are never happy or the true fans are always happy. It's a percentage game. If you are happy more often than miserable you're doing something right. The higher the percentage, the better off you are. The gloomies, they're at a bad ratio.

They'll always tell you how happy they are. How great their life is. How wonderful their new relationship is. How everything is perfect and grand. Because they don't understand reality. Misery is part of life but so is joy. So they lie to themselves about their own lack of joy. Then, eventually, like the rest of us, they die.

Go Rams,

Tom

I will hitch my wagon onto that train.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
I love that Captain redfont isnt on here. Thats dude gets under my skin with his arrogance

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Is anyone else on the Best NFC west page on FB. Talk about 9er and Seahawk over run. Wish there was good Rams fans on there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
LMFAO

these are class ;)
any more guys?

you asked for it...

frabz-OH-YOU-ARE-A-49ERS-FAN-tell-me-more-of-how-you-rode-the-short-bu-f585ba.jpg

b17e14ded94dafb4d4968565352b08a6695d7d316b1305eda8c6abd25b0166e6.jpg

74e5ce21cd2aa1a50b3d0e0e9bd57482ade2d0be26fe0fdd7f0407cd8bf84a93.jpg

c56da6a824b0a7e333675b3ca7ce592327943e9711c9b9c8a95763156ae1860d.jpg

4235.jpg

Enjoy.

fearsomefour

Legend
The thing I like best about this board is people have reasons for their opinion.
Most places it is reduced to "that guy sucks" or "this guy is a beast" and thats it. You really see this with discussions about the draft (for example). A very spirited debate about that first pick, Watkins, Matthew or Robinson. I had my take that Matthews was the guy, but, others made great cases for the others. Never got personal, never got negative or ugly. Really made the draft more exciting and enjoyable.
Someone declaring a guy like Robinson a bust based on not starting week one is showing a lack of knowledge for several reasons.
I dont mind some negativity if there is a perspective to it and a reason for it. I cant say believe the Rams are going 12-4 or even 10-6....I hope they prove me wrong. That doesnt mean I am negative regarding the team or its future.
There was more intelligent discussion regarding Bradford/Hill post injury on this board than on all the national tv/radio shows combined.
I have said it before....thank goodness I found ROD.

Last edited:

…..

Legend

Go Rams,

Tom

um....Tom???? Can we just get a beer, enjoy the game and.....um....whats the score? cause it matters lol

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
you asked for it...

frabz-OH-YOU-ARE-A-49ERS-FAN-tell-me-more-of-how-you-rode-the-short-bu-f585ba.jpg

b17e14ded94dafb4d4968565352b08a6695d7d316b1305eda8c6abd25b0166e6.jpg

74e5ce21cd2aa1a50b3d0e0e9bd57482ade2d0be26fe0fdd7f0407cd8bf84a93.jpg

c56da6a824b0a7e333675b3ca7ce592327943e9711c9b9c8a95763156ae1860d.jpg

4235.jpg

Enjoy.
ROTFL THOSE ARE GREAT!!

Never fails to make me smile and laugh seeing anything trashing the 49ers. We need to create some threads of funny gif's trashing the Cheats, Whiners , a Shit hawks

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
You guys can tell me if this is too strong, but I hope that the Cheatriots all die in a video tape fire!

And I hope that their hand picked officials are there too!

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
This board is good because everyone speaks there mind but in a classy way. Real Rams Fans got to be a debbie downer.

F. Mulder

Starter
This board is good because everyone speaks there mind but in a classy way. Real Rams Fans got to be a debbie downer.

I used to like that board but too many arm chair QBs and people with hidden agendas more concerned with showing they are right (or trying to) vs rooting for the Rams.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I used to like that board but too many arm chair QBs and people with hidden agendas more concerned with showing they are right (or trying to) vs rooting for the Rams.

Man, you're not kidding there. Some good posters over there still (some of them I see over here) but the signal to noise ratio just got to the point of intolerability. And I bet there's a lot of guys over there happy that Bradford blew his knee out again so that they can say "see, I told you so."

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
ROTFL THOSE ARE GREAT!!

Never fails to make me smile and laugh seeing anything trashing the 49ers. We need to create some threads of funny gif's trashing the Cheats, Whiners , a crap hawks
May the football gods maketh so. Mayeth also be a sticketh. - I got carried away with the football god speak.