Why Chop Robinson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't like someone that drops Pork from their name cuz pork chops are fuckin delicious. It's a travesty therefore I wouldn't draft him on that alone. Fucking vegans!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don't like someone that drops Pork from their name cuz pork chops are fuckin delicious. It's a travesty therefore I wouldn't draft him on that alone. Fucking vegans!
Finally, a post on this thread that makes sense, is relevant, interesting ... and totally fucking insane.

Posters think you are kept around for your good looks but there's much more to you than just a pretty face.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Its tough to find full game replays, but, I just watched Penn St/Iowa and Chop definitely popped in that game. Probably was his best game of the year. I am still baffled why he had such little production, moreso after seeing him manhandle Iowa. He even lined up inside on a pass rush and got right in the QB's face.

Would've been nicer to see him perform at that level against a team that was not so, ...shall I say offensively challenged.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Check out his game against Michigan. Michigan basically said to hell with passing the ball. All to avoid him.
Maybe, but you forgot to mention they were being coached by one of he coordinators that game, not Harbaugh. I think that is the main reason.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
A 4 sack player in the first round? That’s insane.

This one screams Vernon Gholston all over again. I don’t care about combine and pro day numbers, I care about production and he does not have it.
First, I am not condoning that the Rams Draft Chop. I want to ask if just going by sacks is a real measure of what the player is doing on all of the Pass plays he was in on? Chop played only half as many snaps as the other players considered to be First rounders.
DId you think Byron Young was productive as a pass rusher last season? He had 8 sacks. But, what happened on the other 400 pass plays he was in on? HIs Pass Rush win rate was only 9% for the season... not that great. In comparison, Chop's win rate last season was 20%, near the top. That means he was either hitting the QB after the throw, or causing the QB to throw early, or sacking the QB every 1 out of 5 plays. It is a measure of pressure on the QB.
If Chop can cause pressure on the QB 20% of the time for the Rams, than I see why people will want to Draft him

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I wonder what some posters would have thought about the idea of us using a high pick on Turner this time last year. He only had 2 sacks his senior draft season.

DT vs Edge is very different.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
First, I am not condoning that the Rams Draft Chop. I want to ask if just going by sacks is a real measure of what the player is doing on all of the Pass plays he was in on? Chop played only half as many snaps as the other players considered to be First rounders.
DId you think Byron Young was productive as a pass rusher last season? He had 8 sacks. But, what happened on the other 400 pass plays he was in on? HIs Pass Rush win rate was only 9% for the season... not that great. In comparison, Chop's win rate last season was 20%, near the top. That means he was either hitting the QB after the throw, or causing the QB to throw early, or sacking the QB every 1 out of 5 plays. It is a measure of pressure on the QB.
If Chop can cause pressure on the QB 20% of the time for the Rams, than I see why people will want to Draft him
Keeping in mind that 20% pass rush win rate was in college, Young's was in the NFL. But, Young did only have a 13% win rate in college, so Chop is clearly a better prospect coming out IMO, which is why he is mentioned in the 1st round.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Just beasted through the middle of that line.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Pressure rate is only quoted when it's to support a liked player. This is 100% sarcastic but absolutely based in reality.
Actually, in this case, it changed my opinion of Chop. I was not a Fan. When I saw the 20% Win Rate, I started to do more research

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Also interior rush is a factor, or can be ... edges do better when QB cannot step up. I didn't see enough of him to know ifthat was happening but in the highlights looked that tey had to generate interior pass rush with him moving around

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I wonder what some posters would have thought about the idea of us using a high pick on Turner this time last year. He only had 2 sacks his senior draft season.
Especially after the first few games when he wasn’t playing much.
I’m sure I would have scratched my head a few times.
…and I LIKED the pick at the time.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One person said that while watching Turner he noticed that most of his sacks were late coverage sacks or cleanup sacks from the QB being chased his way
I'm not particularly impressed by Turner. He was one of those guys I liked less the more I watched.

Here's a game where he wasn't the good Turner. Note his body language and lack of hustle around the 2+ minute mark. Now maybe he was gassed from getting his ass beat. But still.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcrCJZOFW7M

Some of his other games he looked pretty damn good. So idk. He's very questionable as well.

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Turner isn’t my guy either.
I have come around to the later options at Edge like Chop, Braswell, and even Booker out of Kansas because I see the chance they are just hitting their stride and could be excellent pros with some good coaching. Yes, the floor is lower, because there is also the risk of them being overwhelmed, but not every 1rst rounder is gonna be good because they could already have peaked.

What do I know? I just want a difference maker on the Edge. The athleticism is there in the three I mentioned and guys working that hard to get to that last year and be productive tells me that there won’t be a lack of effort at the next level, just possibly a lack of talent.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams select Chop, you cant help but be excited about the skills he brings. The Rams know what they like

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not particularly impressed by Turner. He was one of those guys I liked less the more I watched.

Here's a game where he wasn't the good Turner. Note his body language and lack of hustle around the 2+ minute mark. Now maybe he was gassed from getting his ass beat. But still.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcrCJZOFW7M

Some of his other games he looked pretty damn good. So idk. He's very questionable as well.

Monson said he’s a second round pick to him.

Media makes more of a deal about the freak athleticism than the NFL in many cases. Randy Mueller said that the tape is what teams rely on the most.

That’s why, if they are t afraid of his neck, I think Latu goes to the Falcons.

However, I could see Atlanta trying to trade back. I think the tackles go earlier than the media does.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, in this case, it changed my opinion of Chop. I was not a Fan. When I saw the 20% Win Rate, I started to do more research
I've fully come around on Chop. Now, he may even be my top Edge. I like him above Turner for sure. Latu's injury news really has soured him a bit, at least at 19. Verse I like but, he needs some refinement with his pass rush. Power rush isn't going to win as much as it did at FSU and he's not fantastic at dropping back into coverage from what I've gathered.

Chop seems to be able to do it all, his defensive coaches just wanted to sub everyone in and out a lot.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Don't understand the Robinson love. Dude has damn near zero production and it can be argued he was outplayed by adisu despite being the better athlete. Robinson is a way better athlete than he is a football player and comparing him to von is just criminal. Von was actually productive.