Who is your Greatest Rams Running Back of All Time?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Whose the GOAT for the Horns?

• Eric Dickerson

Votes: 50 39.7%
  • Marshall Faulk

Votes: 64 50.8%
  • Steven Jackson

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Todd Gurley

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Other? Who?

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Kyren Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blake Corum?!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I Get home today I want to watch it more in depth. Is Scooter Dick Bass? That's crazy how Universities that aren't anything now for NFL players produced so many good ones back in the 40's, 50's and 60's. 2 Touchdowns per 12 minute quarter? WTF? That is insane! THe population was smaller and less people to choose from, not that high of competition? Was he just that much better than everybody else?

Don't apologize at all! One of the things I loved/miss when Davefan was here (outside of his never ending optimism) is he would go over things that happened in the past, the team, player, coaches, games, ownership situations. Things you just don't get from google or wiki and some things that are more accurate than those two sources.

I consider Ram history things I should know and it's fun to learn as well... otherwise I'm just a Seahawk fan circa 2011.
I’m sorry, my math was bad. 68 touchdowns in 16 games, a little over 1 touchdown per quarter.

Tano

Legend
Tyler lover!
I admit I enjoyed watching Tyler run from one side of the field to the other on one of his TD runs but yeah I cringed every time I saw him run with the football holding it like a loaf of bread.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We've had an amazing history at the position.

In today's NFL, I would probably go with Faulk. Gurley needed more time to prove himself. I would put SJ above Gurley for that reason as well as the fact that SJ could catch the ball, run the ball, and run you the fuck over.

That all said, I went with Dickerson. He WAS the offense. He was virtually unstoppable. I don't recall him ever being caught from behind. And if you were in front of him, he was looking to go through you. The dude would grenade LBs and DBs. When he put it in overdrive with that gate, he was gone. He didn't need to be elusive. He would clip the defender and then run by him, essentially creating his own holes. Just an incredible football player. And yes...he could catch the ball but our coaches wouldn't use him that way. Hell. He had 51 catches as a rookie.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Man, I voted Faulk -- those stats DON'T include receptions or receiving TD's, correct? would love to see total TD's.
But wow, what a hard decision; some teams aren't so lucky.
ED -- 111 yds / game, whoa....
MF -- total package, field general, force multiplier
SJ -- total yards as a Ram, provided only offense Rams had for a decade -- what might've been... thx Stan :(
TG -- TD's.... wow, 2 more than ED?? in his prime, that kid was ELECTRIC, could hit the house any time. Never forget that absolute domination of the 'Hawks in they own house.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I voted for Dickerson because he’s the only one of the choices listed to average over a hundred yards a game. Plus he played for the Rams much longer than Faulk did.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've had an amazing history at the position.

In today's NFL, I would probably go with Faulk. Gurley needed more time to prove himself. I would put SJ above Gurley for that reason as well as the fact that SJ could catch the ball, run the ball, and run you the fuck over.

That all said, I went with Dickerson. He WAS the offense. He was virtually unstoppable. I don't recall him ever being caught from behind. And if you were in front of him, he was looking to go through you. The dude would grenade LBs and DBs. When he put it in overdrive with that gate, he was gone. He didn't need to be elusive. He would clip the defender and then run by him, essentially creating his own holes. Just an incredible football player. And yes...he could catch the ball but our coaches wouldn't use him that way. Hell. He had 51 catches as a rookie.
Daryl Green ran down ED and I think Green is the only one who ever did.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eg3RHKKbQU

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We always see that play. But, Ron Brown caught Green from behind. I believe in the same game !

The RAMS have the NFLs best history at running back.
I was just giving an answer to the contention as to whether ED was ever caught from behind. He was by Green. I don't doubt that Ron Brown caught Green from behind, because he was a track star before becoming an NFL WR. This is no slight to ED, whatsoever.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I voted for Dickerson because he’s the only one of the choices listed to average over a hundred yards a game. Plus he played for the Rams much longer than Faulk did.
Actually, Faulk played with the Rams for more years (7-to-5) and in more games (99-to-65) than Dickerson.

Dickerson was only with the Rams for four seasons; plus a few games in 1987 when he was traded.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Superbowl victories count, Faulk was amazing in all regards. Without lingering knee issues, I think Gurley could have topped this list eventually.
i believe with a healthy Gurley, the Rams win that super bowl. Goff lost a massive weapon with him out. Steven J was just born at the wrong time. would be an awesome back with McVay. Ground Chuck Knox had many a fantasy about SJax I bet.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"If not for injury, Brian Leonard would have been best!!"
-Scott Linehan

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
i believe with a healthy Gurley, the Rams win that super bowl. Goff lost a massive weapon with him out. Steven J was just born at the wrong time. would be an awesome back with McVay. Ground Chuck Knox had many a fantasy about SJax I bet.
No Kupp / No Gurley makes for bad day.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Vernon Maurice Turner or Trung Jered Candidate