Who is Perkins' backup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

808RAMS

Rookie
Name
Spencer
Would McVay throw Stafford out to the wolves in his condition? If McVay bench Stafford, that means Perkins will be starting. What happens if he goes down? Wolford is Out. What is the backup plan for that scenario? Play Stafford? So it begs the question, why are the Rams dicking around with the quarterback situation?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Almost all teams carry a total of 3 QBs, so it's not like the Rams are "dicking around" with the QB situation. But yeah, if one of our QB's were to be sidelined for an extended period, I'm sure they'd sign a new QB right away.

Psycho_X

Legend
McVay has already said they are looking at options if Stafford and Wolford both can't go. What do you expect them to do... carry 4 QBs all season in case this happens? It's like being mad at them for not having 15 offensive lineman on the roster week 1 to anticipate having 8 injured at same time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If they add another QB I would think they just put Wolford on IR. If you're looking at practice squads at QB's then I would look at teams that run a similar offense in Cincinnati & Minnesota. They have two QB's on their practice squad in David Blough (Vikings) & Jake Browning (Bengals). I believe Browning played well in preseason, so IMO, those could be a couple of options.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard McVay started following Blake Bortles on Instagram.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They have no chance at a winning season. Its best to shut Stafford down the rest of the season. I have a feeling he will get the itch to continue playing next year after being out so long.

At the moment neither Wolford or Perkins looks like a legit NFL backup. Give them each a shot to prove they can be backup caliber. re-evaluate everything after the season and see if they have one more shot at being among the elite again.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
it will be wolford and perkins if they pull the plug on stafford
Problem is that Wolford is hurt too, so that's kind of the point of the thread.
If Rams need to add a QB, Sean Mannion is on Seattle PS. Wouldnt that be a laugh

Ellard80

Legend
Problem is that Wolford is hurt too, so that's kind of the point of the thread.
If Rams need to add a QB, Sean Mannion is on Seattle PS. Wouldnt that be a laugh
from what it sounded like wolford is going to be okay for this week

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And that's fine, it also leads with Perkins being the starter just on overall health. Again there is so much to like about Perkins, but unfortunately I don't think he has an NFL arm and even with the RPO's, IMO, that will be exposed.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
I'm done watching sublevel qb play. Goff was a breath of fresh air for a while then he wasn't. Stafford won us a Superbowl then he didn't and now I have to watch 2 qbs who have nothing to bring to the table really for 7 more games? no thank you Rams. go rams. Talk about not wanting to talk to anyone about the rams is back on the table.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alas, what seemed to be the intent of the thread is to discuss what happens if Wolford and Stafford are out. Being Wolford gets hurt every time he plays, it's a legit question