Who is Perkins' backup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Would McVay throw Stafford out to the wolves in his condition? If McVay bench Stafford, that means Perkins will be starting. What happens if he goes down? Wolford is Out. What is the backup plan for that scenario? Play Stafford? So it begs the question, why are the Rams dicking around with the quarterback situation?
Just what condition is your crystal ball showing? He’s not in the protocol yet. And, Wolford had a stiff neck not some season ending injury.

They aren’t playing great but the drama queen posting is a little early.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wolford had a stiff neck not some season ending injury.
A stiff neck that kept him off the game day roster a week ago.
Drama queen? Good grief. It's a legit question, especially considering that Wolford gets injured basically every time he plays

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
At this point I'd rather play TuTu at QB instead of Wolford. Might be the next Kyler Murry! ;)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
A stiff neck that kept him off the game day roster a week ago.
Drama queen? Good grief. It's a legit question, especially considering that Wolford gets injured basically every time he plays
Yeah legit for all the chicken littles who love the drama. If Stafford is down again Wolford and Perkins will be handling a massacre in KC.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah legit for all the chicken littles who love the drama. If Stafford is down again Wolford and Perkins will be handling a massacre in KC.
I'd be shocked if Stafford played. The NFL has a black eye from the Tua fiasco and now Stafford's situation is making it worse. You can't institute a concussion protocol that exempts QBs because they are more valuable to winning.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think Carson Strong is a FA as the Eagles released him on the last cutdown. He's a strong armed QB with good size and accuracy. He's strictly a pocket passer. He might be worth looking at very closely because trait wise he checks all the boxes McVay wants for his offense. The only thing would be a strict medical review of his knee. The Birds waived him because he wasn't mobile enough. But he's always been and will be a pocket passer.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'd be shocked if Stafford played. The NFL has a black eye from the Tua fiasco and now Stafford's situation is making it worse. You can't institute a concussion protocol that exempts QBs because they are more valuable to winning.
I wouldn’t disagree with that but, unless something happened this afternoon he’s still not in the protocol. What does that say??

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you don’t feel like participating in the thread topic other than to throw childish insults? Stafford getting his bell rung 2 games in a row and Wolford misses games once his uniform gets dirty but somehow somebody is a chicken little for wondering what happens if they can’t play?
Good lord it’s amazing at times when folks true colors come out.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So you don’t feel like participating in the thread topic other than to throw childish insults? Stafford getting his bell rung 2 games in a row and Wolford misses games once his uniform gets dirty but somehow somebody is a chicken little for wondering what happens if they can’t play?
Good lord it’s amazing at times when folks true colors come out.
You feel how ever makes you warm and fuzzy.

Reality is no one on this board knows anything about what’s going on inside the team other than the interviews and second or third hand reports.

What McVay has said blows this scenario away. Wolford had a stiff neck. He is one of the two people best prepared to step in to this shit show.

Could they be looking elsewhere, sure maybe the camp arm that was with the team in August, that’s Snead’s job. No one else is coming to save the day. They damn sure are not learning the offense in 3 days.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Cam high school QB Akers.
Fuck it. It’s that type of year.
Pulp Fiction Pumpkin GIF

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
The front office is up to something with how they moved Hendo out. Which was a surprise to me at least.
It would be stupid to go into KC with one QB.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Maybe that Duck Rodgers guy they had this yr in camp... or was that last yr?

Duckdodgers-daffy.gif

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I wouldn’t disagree with that but, unless something happened this afternoon he’s still not in the protocol. What does that say??
It says we're not talking about the same QB. I read Stafford re-entered CP 2 days ago. Googled it this morning and saw 6 stories about it. Unless I'm missing something.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It says we're not talking about the same QB. I read Stafford re-entered CP 2 days ago. Googled it this morning and saw 6 stories about it. Unless I'm missing something.
McVay’s interview from Monday, he said Stafford was having more testing done and that he had not entered the protocol. He also said he checked out at the game Sunday and they only held him out as a precaution.

Whoever reported Stafford being in the protocol was not reporting what they had been told, they were just making shit up.

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO Snead isn't going to risk the blowback if Stafford plays again this season. IMO he will tell McVay to shut him down.

I think they will sign a QB off a PS or a vet FA. If Perkins plays well behind a substandard OL he will be trade bait. They would have him for one more year after this season.

If Nsekhe can't go I hope Thomas can play. Just play 12 personnel to give him a chip assist. IMO Thomas looks like a OG or RT at this level.