Who else is anxiously awaiting this?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

WASHINGTON - According to a recent report from the New York Times, a top-secret Pentagon program has been conducting classified briefings for over a decade, analyzing various encounters between military craft and unidentified aerial vehicles.

According to the Times, the Pentagon stated that the program was disbanded, but a Senate committee report last month revealed spending on a program called the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force.

It was reported in late June that U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio had requested a detailed analysis of the task force’s findings.

The report stated that the committee supports the efforts of the task force to collect and standardize data regarding “unidentified aerial phenomenon, as well as their links to foreign governments and potential threats.”

Now, the New York Times is reporting that the secretive task force is expected to release new and alarming findings that may involve vehicles made of materials not of this planet.

Astrophysicist and former consultant for the UFO program since 2007, Eric W. Davis, told the Times that he gave a classified briefing to the Defense Department agency as early as March regarding “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.”

Over the years, the federal government has released footage of military encounters with unidentified aerial phenomena. In April, the Pentagon declassified videos from 2004 and 2015 that showed saucer-looking objects.

RELATED: US Navy ‘UFO task force’ exists, and Sen. Marco Rubio wants its data on ‘aerial phenomena’ threats

“DOD is releasing the videos in order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real, or whether or not there is more to the videos,” the agency said in a statement released along with the clips. “The aerial phenomena observed in the videos remain characterized as ‘unidentified.’”

In September, the U.S. Navy acknowledged that three UFO videos that were released by former Blink-182 singer Tom DeLonge and published by The New York Times were of real "unidentified" objects.

“The Navy considers the phenomena contained/depicted in those three videos as unidentified," Navy spokesman Joseph Gradisher told The Black Vault, a website dedicated to declassified government documents.

The videos in question, known as "FLIR1,” “Gimbal” and “GoFast,” were originally released to the New York Times and to The Stars Academy of Arts & Science (TTSA). In December 2017, FOX News reported that the Pentagon had secretly set up a program to investigate UFOs at the request of former Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada.

The first video of the unidentified object was taken on Nov. 14, 2004, and shot by the F-18's gun camera. The second video was taken on Jan. 21, 2015, and shows another aerial vehicle with pilots commenting on how strange it is. The third video was also taken on Jan. 21, 2015, but it is unclear whether the third video was of the same object or a different one.

In May 2019, the Pentagon also admitted that it still investigates reports of UFOs, or "unidentified aerial phenomena," in a statement that a former U.K. defense official called "a bombshell revelation," according to a New York Post report.

A Department of Defense spokesman told the Post in a statement that a secret government initiative called the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program "did pursue research and investigation into unidentified aerial phenomena."

Even though the DOD said it shut down the AATIP in 2012, spokesman Christopher Sherwood acknowledged that the department still investigates claimed sightings of alien spacecraft, the Post reported.

"The department will continue to investigate, through normal procedures, reports of unidentified aircraft encountered by U.S. military aviators in order to ensure defense of the homeland and protection against strategic surprise by our nation's adversaries."

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I go back and forth. 10-15 years ago - I was all in. Now that everyone carries a camera everywhere they go - sightings have all but gone away. Now I don’t know what to think.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I go back and forth. 10-15 years ago - I was all in. Now that everyone carries a camera everywhere they go - sightings have all but gone away. Now I don’t know what to think.
Unfortunately, people are now just pointing those cameras at their own faces, or walking around looking down at them the whole time. A damn UFO could land on someone's head now and they wouldn't even notice.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have been a firm critic of interstellar aliens visiting earth due to the fermi paradox arguments. I've argued passionately with some here on the site on this subject, but I have admit that I'm shooketh with verified video evidence of shyte that cool headed naval aviators have seen and dealt with. These guys aren't tin foil hat wearing believers.

Like the UFO sage Mike Tyson always says, "Everyone has a fermi paradox argument, until F-18 pilot testimony hits you upside the head." I'm pretty sure he said that....

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Unfortunately, people are now just pointing those cameras at their own faces, or walking around looking down at them the whole time. A damn UFO could land on someone's head now and they wouldn't even notice.

I know we are all lost in our phones - and maybe people are looking up less - but when cell phone cameras became standard, I figured it was just a matter of time. And it’s been a ghost town. No sightings. No pics.

maybe the aliens know we have cameras and so they don’t appear. Maybe men in black take over before the pics are posted. Or maybe it was all just not really there all along. I really don’t know.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know we are all lost in our phones - and maybe people are looking up less - but when cell phone cameras became standard, I figured it was just a matter of time. And it’s been a ghost town. No sightings. No pics.

maybe the aliens know we have cameras and so they don’t appear. Maybe men in black take over before the pics are posted. Or maybe it was all just not really there all along. I really don’t know.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NIvcUPp4Us

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
the 3rd one has me interested for sure. The first 2 looked like drones to me.

maybe I just haven’t been paying it as much attention.
Hmmm. Good point. I suppose almost anything can be written off as "drone" now.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Hmmm. Good point. I suppose almost anything can be written off as "drone" now.

It’s the movement that interests me. Acceleration and change of direction that are beyond us certainly intrigue.

I guess I just expected more. Like 95% of people carry cameras everywhere now. If it’s up there - we should be getting multiple angles of it from multiple people.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It’s the movement that interests me. Acceleration and change of direction that are beyond us certainly intrigue.

I guess I just expected more. Like 95% of people carry cameras everywhere now. If it’s up there - we should be getting multiple angles of it from multiple people.
I hear ya. But, honestly, I don't remember the last time I looked up at the sky for no reason. I'm just interested in seeing what these aviators have filmed.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Same. What’s funny is that as the wife and I start the first phase of planning to maybe be full time RVers, we were discussing what we’d be interested in. I can’t do anything I used to do and astrophotography sounds really cool. I love looking at stars and I can see us boondocking (not often, it’s not the wife’s favorite way to go) in a remote place and doing a time lapse or other kinds of really cool photography.

I was wondering if I’d get any cool shots with a very high Rez camera and a decent photography telescope of UFOs, satellites and other non-celestial bodies.

Would not want to beam aboard. All the reviews are 0/10, do not recommend...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I hear ya. But, honestly, I don't remember the last time I looked up at the sky for no reason. I'm just interested in seeing what these aviators have filmed.

I still spend a lot of time looking up. Have as long as I can remember. I can spend hours out there at night - especially now that I am more removed from the city than I ever had been.

But yeah - the radar and aviation shots are something to look forward to.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
While I tend to be highly skeptical of these kinds of things, I do have to admit this one has my ears perked up maybe a little and I do want to hear what they have to tell us.

Just as long as they didn't find any protomolecule (which, if you don't watch The Expanse, aka the best science fiction show on television right now, you won't get the reference).

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Agree on The Expanse. First HBO was killing it with original series. Then Netflix. Now Amazon.

Next? If Apple nails Foundation... I may buy it JUST for that...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Screenshot_12.jpg

Chris Rutkowski, a researcher who studies unidentified flying objects (UFOs), said that UFO sightings across Canada have increased over 50 percent during the country's coronavirus lockdown.

Rutkowski tracks reports of UFOs cited by UFO organizations, Canadian government sources and social media networks. He said that in 2019, there were 849 UFO reports. However, the number of Canadian reports between March to August was 50 percent higher than the amount reported last year during the same period.

"Most cases are just ordinary mistakes, misidentifications, but ... last year, there was about 3 percent that remained unexplained, that didn't seem to be airplanes, stars, fireballs, all those types of things," Rutkowski told CTV News.

The increased reports during the lockdown, Rutkowski explained, include pilots who receive collision alerts on their transponder systems but who see no visible objects in the sky. Conversely, some air traffic controllers have reported seeing objects in the sky that don't show up on radar.

"We're getting reports from just average, ordinary people looking up at that sky and saying 'That's not a plane, that's not a star. It's been flashing lights in different colors. We're not sure what this is,'" he added.

UFO unidentified flying object coronavirus COVID-19 sightings

US plastic artist Peter Coffin's "Flying Saucer"—a 7-meter, LED-studded, SMS-controlled drone—flies over Ipanema beach on May 23, 2009 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Antonio Scorza / AFP/Getty

Rutkowski's report on the sightings said that most people see "point sources of light, spheres and boomerangs" when reporting UFOs.

He has several theories to explain the increase in sightings: Perhaps more UFOs have been present and physically observable recently; there could be an increase in secret or classified military flights occurring over populated areas; more people may be at home during the lockdown and taking the time to observe the sky using the internet and other viewing technology.

Newsweek contacted Rutkowski for comment.

Rutkowski's claim coincides with a recent New York Times report uncovering the U.S. Department of Defense's now-disbanded decade-long program analyzing military encounters with UFOs, though the military called them "unidentified aerial phenomena" (UAPs).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If the stars really are suns... and the universe/space is as expansive as we’ve learned via science... it would stand to reason, earth isn’t the only place to have conditions for life.

For that life to develop into an advanced enough civilization for intergalactic travel...

They would seem to need a neighbouring planet to colonized... as a do-over for the fuck-ups of the first planet. LOL.

From that restart, only then can a civilization learn and develop the wisdom of such feats of travel. :D

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If the stars really are suns... and the universe/space is as expansive as we’ve learned via science... it would stand to reason, earth isn’t the only place to have conditions for life.

For that life to develop into an advanced enough civilization for intergalactic travel...

They would seem to need a neighbouring planet to colonized... as a do-over for the fuck-ups of the first planet. LOL.

From that restart, only then can a civilization learn and develop the wisdom of such feats of travel. :D
elon-musk-joe-rogan-blunt-1536341297-compressed.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

I have very little doubt that life exists on other worlds. It’s the aspect of visiting us that gets a bit murky. I will concede that the ability for them to get here is probably there - what I don’t see is the desire. Are they just studying us for the sake of science? Are the sizing us up for defensive - or worse yet offensive - assessments? Do they just want to diddle with our buttholes a bit?

I used to believe that aliens were future humans - evolved millenniums beyond us - traveling back in time to study ancient man. Anthropologists, I guess.

What is really hard to bend my mind around is other dimensions. We live in our 4d world - but that’s not all there is. Others could be occupying the same space - the same time - and we would have no clue.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I read EVERYTHING on this subject.

The interesting part of this information that came out on the 23rd for me was the statement that claims we have materials from a vehicle that cannot be made on this planet. Material that we couldn't make even if we wanted to. This person is claiming that we actually have a vehicle, or parts of a VEHICLE, from another planet.

Bob Lazar has made those claims for a long time, but he isn't the most trustworthy. His story hasn't changed though and it is not the story itself that has holes in it. Bob's claims about his education have seemingly been proven to be lies... but even that may be the government trying to discredit him.

But this is another claim stating that we actually have a VEHICLE or VEHICLES that are not from this planet.

Fascinating.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I have very little doubt that life exists on other worlds. It’s the aspect of visiting us that gets a bit murky. I will concede that the ability for them to get here is probably there - what I don’t see is the desire. Are they just studying us for the sake of science? Are the sizing us up for defensive - or worse yet offensive - assessments? Do they just want to diddle with our buttholes a bit?

I used to believe that aliens were future humans - evolved millenniums beyond us - traveling back in time to study ancient man. Anthropologists, I guess.

What is really hard to bend my mind around is other dimensions. We live in our 4d world - but that’s not all there is. Others could be occupying the same space - the same time - and we would have no clue.
Given that humans want to go find aliens for the exact reasons you mentioned (mostly the first and last reasons), I think it's perfectly reasonable that aliens would want to visit us. Any civilization so advanced that they could find us, travel to us, and get here in a reasonable amount of time is clearly into science. And I bet they have a fair number of freaks that want to diddle our buttholes. We have the freaks that will accommodate them and the scientists that will study with them.