Who else has Sunday Ticket

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
called to cancel Monday after the final weekend...was told I had to wait until Jan. 17th...spent that time watching everything I had recorded...I'd be curious to see the cancelations nationwide...I too was a subscriber since 95....DTV was a great company back in the day, then they were bought out by ATT and it went south in a hurry...plus, they could never get a deal done with the PAC-12 which forced me to get XFinity cable...
They tried to pull that bullshit with me as well.

If I cancel, it starts NOW, not the end of the billing cycle.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Direct TV didnt adapt with the changing times. Another Blockbuster/Nextel/Blackberry
They had the client base and the Programming, had they embraced the wifi angle instead of hiding from it, they could have owned the space.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Not many options for me in the rural area.

Streaming is out of the question with only Satellite Hughes Net Gen 5. It's slower than frozen mud. If I were to try to stream any live game, it would time out very quickly & shut down the stream.

Our Mobile phone service even with an antenna outside of the home & also inside for use with a cell phone is a bit faster but not by much. On a good day in perfect weather we get 2 bars most of the time 1 bar.

Have you looked into Starlink? In rural areas, it’s supposed to be downright amazing…

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Seems like the way to go is buy the NFL's streaming service and use a VPN to allow you to see the games live. Not sure whether All 22 is fixed from what it was in 2021, as I didn't renew it due to their installation of a new vid plug-in or whatever. But if they fixed that then it's a decent value. If not, then I don't think it's worth the money.

Streaming illegally is better than it's ever been btw. It's shitty in a way of course but it's also a power to the people option to counter the greed of the league. Someday these leagues will realize a business model that focuses on taking a little money from everyone will make a ton more than the old model of fleecing those who have the money to pay for the better services like DirectTV. I had that for some years back in my younger days, but ended up getting rid of it due to the prohibitive pricing.

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
called to cancel Monday after the final weekend...was told I had to wait until Jan. 17th...spent that time watching everything I had recorded...I'd be curious to see the cancelations nationwide...I too was a subscriber since 95....DTV was a great company back in the day, then they were bought out by ATT and it went south in a hurry...plus, they could never get a deal done with the PAC-12 which forced me to get XFinity cable...
Remember that first year price on Sunday Ticket. It was like 60$ and you could buy it on its own without getting all you TV from them.
I did that until around 2003, paid for local analog cable. I had one of those boxes that let you get all the premium channels for free.
When they went digital my box stopped working then I got it all from them.
It is possible to get DTVs signal unscrambled illegally. I had a friend who knew someone and had a guy build him a computer, a desktop that its only job was to figure out how to unscramble it.
Every once in awhile the signal would go out and the computer would take a few minutes to figure out the code and the picture would come back.
He passed away and I do not know what happened to the equipment. But the signal it there, all around us.