Which Teams Mount Rushmore Is The Worst Destination Point? (Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which of the 32 NFL Teams has the Worst Mt. Rushmore?

• Total voters

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went with Jacksonville because they have had precisely 0 historically great players. Somebody said Fred Taylor. I honestly don't know anything about the guy but I've heard the name, so he might have been good. Even with that guy it's not Mount Rushmore, it's a bust. Literally and figuratively.
Boselli was really good. And Brunell could pass. Maybe MJD

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Houston Oilers/ Tenn. Titans...

Earl Campbell
Robert Brazille
Drew Hill
Eddie George

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
So who would be on the Patriots’ Mount Rushmore of Cheating?

Candidates include:

1. Matt Walsh, one of the assistants who filmed opponents’ signals between 2000 and 2002
2. Ernie Adams, the “Director of Football Research” who analyzed data from the videotapes
3. Jim McNally, the guy who says he earned his nickname as “the deflator” because, you know, he lost weight
4. Goodell, the man who decided to destroy the evidence

Not to mention whoever it was who got info on the Rams’ game plan for SB 36...

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
badnews said:
Patriots

Brady
Goodell
Walt Coleman
Troplette
FIFY
So who would be on the Patriots’ Mount Rushmore of Cheating?

Candidates include:

1. Matt Walsh, one of the assistants who filmed opponents’ signals between 2000 and 2002
2. Ernie Adams, the “Director of Football Research” who analyzed data from the videotapes
3. Jim McNally, the guy who says he earned his nickname as “the deflator” because, you know, he lost weight
4. Goodell, the man who decided to destroy the evidence

Not to mention whoever it was who got info on the Rams’ game plan for SB 36...

Somewhere between the two should the unanimous answer...

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Can't say Detroit, I went with JAX. MJD was great & all, but he's not better than Detroit's all-time great RB Barry Sanders.

Barry Sanders
Calvin Johnson
Lem Barney

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
the spirit of this thread sure died....
Well, I think you pretty much nailed it from the outset, so there’s not much left to debate.

Clunkers are Jax, Cin, Hou/Tenn, and Det. Every other team can field at least 4 plausible candidates... right?

Even perennial losers like the Saints could have Manning, Roaf, Rickey Jackson, Andersen, and Brees to choose from...

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Yeah but did Dungy even play for the Bucs, or just the Steelers and just coach in Tampa?
Yeah, the Bucs added Dungy to their “Ring of Honor” although he only coached and never played for them.FWIW.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Not considering the Texans since they are such a young franchise. So I am thinking Cincinnati. Can only think of one truly great player and that is Anthony Munoz. Any franchise where Chris Collingsworth is even in the conversation... is pretty pathetic.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I can't put 4 on the Panthers mountain..........I admit to not trying all that hard though.

Once I looked up their all-time roster it became clear that despite their decades long ineptitude, the Brownies actually have some of the best players in the history of the league.

There is a restaurant I used to go to regulalrly for lunch and sometimes for Happy Hour or dinner that was near my office when I owned my event production business. It's in Berea, a small town/suburb where the Browns have practiced for decades. All over the walls were photos, most of them signed, by players dating back from forever. Often we sat right on the end of the bar and staring in your face if you had the seat next to the wall was a signed photo of Lou Groza.

Thee were enough of the Browns on the walls to make you remember that they had a really great history. I don't know how many they have in the HOF without looking but it's probably about a dozen or so.

Let’s see...

Tony Boselli
Fred Taylor
Mark Brunell
....Blake Bortles? :headexplosion:

Just kidding. Maybe Maurice Jones-Drew or Jimmy Smith?

Has to be Jimmy Smith. He had an excellent career. Not knocking MJD, it's just that Smith was a top WR for a handful of years and went to some Pro Bowls.

By virtue of being the NFL's youngest franchise, it'd have to be the Houston Texans.

JJ Watt, Andre Johnson, and no other player even close.

If he can stay healthy (meaning learn to stay on his side of the LOS) save the last spot for DeShaun Watson.

San Francisco 49ers.....Sorry just don't like them.

Someone had to say it LOL.

Houston Oilers/ Tenn. Titans...

Earl Campbell
Robert Brazille
Drew Hill
Eddie George

McNair has to be on their mountain. Has to be.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
McNair has to be on their mountain. Has to be.

Only for the recent, George Blanda was their Quarterback when the Houston Oilers won the AFL Title Game of 1961 and threw for 36 Touchdowns that year, when the game plans were 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
How about Bruce Matthews, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, Warren Moon, Dan Pastorini etc. They've had quite a few very good players over the years. Special mention for "Father of Wade".

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
How about Bruce Matthews, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, Warren Moon, Dan Pastorini etc. They've had quite a few very good players over the years. Special mention for "Father of Wade".
Didn’t Bruce Matthews spear our quarterback?!!

I somehow forgot about Moon too. Duh. I did think of and dismiss Pastorini. He went to my Rival Bellarmine High. As a matter of fact just from my high school division of seven schools comes Pastorini, Dan Fouts and Tom Brady, among others. Not bad.

As for a revised Rushmore, I’d go:

Matthews
Moon
Campbell
George

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Didn’t Bruce Matthews spear our quarterback?!!

I somehow forgot about Moon too. Duh. I did think of and dismiss Pastorini. He went to my Rival Bellarmine High. As a matter of fact just from my high school division of seven schools comes Pastorini, Dan Fouts and Tom Brady, among others. Not bad.

As for a revised Rushmore, I’d go:

Matthews
Moon
Campbell
George

Agree on Pastorini, good but not great.

You're thinking of his Nephew, Clay Jr. Can't stand that preening, self-loving, dirty hitting, over-hyped POS.
On the other hand, loved his father who was a gritty, hard-hitting LB who had a looonnngggg career with the Browns and Falcons?

Munchak? maybe 6th after McNair?

Last edited: