Which Loss in 2014 was the hardest for you?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What 2014 loss was the hardest one for you to deal with?

• Total voters

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
And why would I call Goodell? He's probably on the Cowboys' party bus with Dean Blandino. :LOL:

You do realize it was Dean Blandino that called the "no catch" against Dez, right?

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
All the losses were tough for me but San Diego and Dallas we're especially tough

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Final Score: 34-31

That play resulted in 7 points for Dallas.

So yes, that play literally is the difference between winning and losing the game. Is it the SOLE reason the Rams lost? No. But lets not act like that wasn't a clear hold on a TD in a game Dallas barely won.

There were other reasons we lost that game...such as Jared Cook dropping a walk in TD and Austin Davis falling apart (as he did all year) in the 4th quarter in crunch time.

That all said, it's going to be hard for a Cowboy fan to deny that your team didn't get away with a lot of holding last year. Like Seattle does with their DBs, Bill Callahan is quite good at instructing his OLs how to hold and get away with it. And they do it incredibly often. They basically dare the refs to make the call. And the refs don't. It's the same philosophy that Seattle has with their DBs (as I said earlier).

And why would I call Goodell? He's probably on the Cowboys' party bus with Dean Blandino. :LOL:
And let's not forget the Defensive Holding call on Sims, when all he was doing was getting by the receiver so he could sack Romo, which he did. That would have been a hefty 3rd and long for Dallas. And given us much better field position to kick a tieing FG.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You do realize it was Dean Blandino that called the "no catch" against Dez, right?

I'm sorry that the refs made the correct call based on the rules after they screwed the Lions over the week before to give the Cowboys a win.

I guess Blandino's charity ran out. Maybe allow him on the party jet this off-season? ;)

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Philly opening day... God so heart breaking. All that talk up, SJ breaks the first play from los for a TD, then gets injured. Good thing we went undefeated the rest of the year, and won the Grey Cup.

Wait. What are we talking about.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Chargers game was certainly heart-breaking but the team did rebound nicely for a little bit beating the piss out of Oakland and shutting out Washington, but had we got that game, who knows how the rest of the season plays out. I voted Dallas but I can't really argue with those that went San Diego.

Debacled

Starter
Cowboys game. The refs had one hell of an off day. 3-15 against the Cowboys, 8-119 against the Rams. Can remember the phantom holding call and roughing the passer calls easily. The non call on the hold on the blown coverage was big too.

No excuse to lose a 21 point lead. The refs did all they could though

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I'm sorry that the refs made the correct call based on the rules after they screwed the Lions over the week before to give the Cowboys a win.

I guess Blandino's charity ran out. Maybe allow him on the party jet this off-season? ;)
If that were a Rams wide-receiver, it'd be a catch. Right?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really don't want to think of any of them.. but the Giants game

Debacled

Starter
Was that the one we tapped Romo on the shoulder pad or am I thinking of another bull crap penalty (there were so many).
Not sure if it was even a tap on the shoulder. They called contact to the head and there clearly was none. Led to a chip shot FG

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Sadly we have to many to choose from... I'm going with the Seattle game. No one gave us a chance to even be in that game. Then our defense comes out breathing fire and rains hell on little Wilson. Only for the offense to do what it does best and make mistakes at the worst time. I mean we go into half up 6-0 and then hang in there and keep it 6-6 in the 4th quarter, then in a blink it's a blowout. I was pissed for days after that one.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Sadly we have to many to choose from... I'm going with the Seattle game. No one gave us a chance to even be in that game. Then our defense comes out breathing fire and rains hell on little Wilson. Only for the offense to do what it does best and make mistakes at the worst time. I mean we go into half up 6-0 and then hang in there and keep it 6-6 in the 4th quarter, then in a blink it's a blowout. I was pissed for days after that one.
Well, yeah, but look at how they turned it into a blowout.

On 3 straight offensive drives:
1) Hill tries to spike the ball but has it picked off by a DLineman. How often does that happen?
2) A pick-six on a tipped ball (okay, that happened a lot to the Rams last season).
3) Benny Cunningham tries to slip the ball over the endzone line but has it knocked out of his grasp 6" from it by their FS. It trickles out of the endzone for a touchback. That's a one-in-a-million play.

Strangely, their luck ran out right when they needed it.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Well, yeah, but look at how they turned it into a blowout.

On 3 straight offensive drives:
1) Hill tries to spike the ball but has it picked off by a DLineman. How often does that happen?
2) A pick-six on a tipped ball (okay, that happened a lot to the Rams last season).
3) Benny Cunningham tries to slip the ball over the endzone line but has it knocked out of his grasp 6" from it by their FS. It trickles out of the endzone for a touchback. That's a one-in-a-million play.

Strangely, their luck ran out right when they needed it.

That "spike" was the worst pass I've ever seen lol. The play Earl Thomas made on Benny was unbelievable, I was pissed and amazed he got that chop in.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Reading this thread is depressing...m. thinking about all those jenkins/McCloud busted plays right before halftime for scores... smh and Bradford looking so good and getting hurtt... and Jake long getting pancacked once every other game. AUSTIN Davis looking good like he could really be a player then he gets swapped out with a guy who looked shell shocked but he still had "Davis" on the back of his jersey... I don't think I can deal with watching football if a key guy goes down this year.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Gotta go Cowboys and Chargers. Both for two totally different reasons.

In the Cowboys game we totally out played them created turnovers and had what looked like a sound game plan. But non calls by the refs(Cowboys Oline holding on several big plays) Also second half turnovers and lack of adjustments by the OC lead to what should have been a huge upset into another loss.

The Chargers game just really came down to the worst call ever on the goal line. And whats crazy i never thought i would see that call again until the Seahawks did the exact same thing in the Superbowl SMH.