Which Loss in 2014 was the hardest for you?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What 2014 loss was the hardest one for you to deal with?

• Total voters

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Voted the Giants but it's hard to say really. After voting I think I'd change it to week 1 vs the Vikings. I think we're a better team than them and that set the season off on an even more sour note after losing Sam 2 weeks before.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I voted the Cowboy cuz it was the only one that cost me money (add in having to hear about from Cowboys fan(s) at work)

Aside from that, the Cha Cha Chargers loss to me was the most painful.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Everyone know I Really, Really Hate the Cowbell's, But on this one, I went with my 1st gut feeling, the chargers game! It was crushing at that point of the season!! ( Thinking about it, they are ALL Crushing to me!!)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Gawd! Tough choices.

I went with Vikings. Because it was tough to accept the unpreparedness on a team that I thought was at the very least competitive. Possibly even a bit more.

To see my favorite team bitch slapped in all 3 phases to the tune of 34-6 was tough to get over.

There was no shortage of other worthy "tough loss" candidates, though. Cowboy and Charger games would be my 2nd and 3rd choices, I guess.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
That Monday Night game against the whiners. The Cook catch taken away, which would have given us at least 3 more points, and kept them from answering back. Forget Jenkins and the double move; it never would have happened without that egregious Offensive PI.

And for those of you still think that Kapperdink would have brought them back, think again. Without that score at the end of the half, there is no confidence boost.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Tie b/w the Dallas and Giants game.

Giving up that huge lead, and that bogus bullshit holding call on Eugene Sims.

And the Giants, b/c that was my first live game.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its a hard call for me. We had that Cowboys game well in hand. Then it started with Scott Wells butt fumble and the brain fart leaving Dez Bryant wide open. But that Cardinals game really stuck in my craw. We were supposed to be the up and coming team. The one no contender wanted to play in December. And the offense went to sleep. Didn't help that the defense threw in the towel the following week.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
A long off season....football is back!....and we get run-da-fuck-over by Vikings?

That was some "I might not watch football this year " bullshit.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SD. The vibe was real at Qualcomm because everyone knew the W was right there a few yards away, And like that, it was snatched right out our hands.

View: https://vine.co/v/O1hEulB6jIz

I kid you not, I was watching this game with a friend who doesn't care for football. when we got to the one, he said "you guys should win this right? Or at least tie?". I replied "it would be that simple for any team but the Rams". Hill got picked and he looked at me in disbelief. I wasn't the least bit shocked.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Chargers.

I was there. Emotions running high and low. I could taste victory. Heartbreak at the end.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good thread.
Here's my thinking, with 10 losses, none of them are good but to see which one hurt the most?

I go with Arizona (2nd game), hands down.

I never really bought in to the playoff hype, after the 1-4 start and playing with backup QB, playoffs werent really in my scope. But beng a legit team? Yeah, after the 4 game run after the 1st Zona game when the season seemed to be heading for total disaster, it sure seemed we were on track. Yeah the San Diego ending sucked, but the way they hung in there and the excitement at the end? Just felt great to be in a game, the team could move the ball when it mattered. So after winning 3 of 4, and back to back shut outs we were headed for a Thursday night game in front of a national audience ready to show the world that this train was a comin.
And the train never left the station.
We had snipey remarks from the Zona coach, and saw their backup backup QB. We shoulda pounded them. But still, even with 7-7 staring at us in the face and could look at winning the most games in a season in over a decade, we limped out sitting on 6 and IMO the season was over.
The Giants game didnt bother me so much, because with that 8th loss, I felt like the stuffing was taken out. And they played like it too.
The Minnesota game? Yeah, it sucked, but TBH the first drive or two actually felt pretty ggod. Hill connected with Quick, and the offense looked like and nfl offense. Didnt last of course but it was game 1, 3rd qb what can you do.
The Dallas game? Yeah that one stung but at least we had the coming out party for Austin Davis. We coulda/shoulda won, but at least thought the offense was going to be something.

So for me, in a season that felt like a couple of seasons in one, the Zona loss, was the first legit chance at being a real team in a long time, and was greatly reminded that we werent there yet. And THAT sucked most of all

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
That Monday Night game against the whiners. The Cook catch taken away, which would have given us at least 3 more points, and kept them from answering back. Forget Jenkins and the double move; it never would have happened without that egregious Offensive PI.

And for those of you still think that Kapperdink would have brought them back, think again. Without that score at the end of the half, there is no confidence boost.

RQ is the only one that had it right. Come on guys, any loss to the 49ers is the worst loss of any season. To see that jackass Kaepernick laughing and strutting on the sidelines in our home stadium was too much to bear. We led by 14-0 and then allowed Kaepernick to throw for 343 yards and three touchdowns. :mad:

V1zSpSj.gif

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Cowboys game, up 21-0 at home and found a way to lose. That was a big blow for the team early in the season.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
The first game. Coming into it with sky high offseason expectations, particularly on D, and then to just fall flat out of the gate like that. That was a punch in the gut. There were other painful moments but I was more steeled againt disappointment for them.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Charger game...Freaking Hill, who had plenty of time and Benny Cunningham breaking open for the game winner. Enjoy Minnesota Shaun, hope you like winter!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Had to be the opener for me. So much anticipation, such an epic letdown.

A55VA6

Legend
Cowboys.

My Dad and sister are Cowboys fans and I was talking shit and feeling good when we were up 21-0. Can't believe we blew it.