When football was FOOTBALL.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYLly625cXE[/youtube]

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
WOW!! That brought back some memories!! I remember the first time I played Intellivision football. It was like a revelation. Atari football wasn't even worth playing. And then there was Colecovision.....

231841-super-action-football-colecovision-screenshot-wait-for-the.gif

PhxRam

If I remember correctly, that intellivision version you could run out the back of the screen. So if you rushed the QB and he got off the pass you could just keep going out the back of the screen and appear on the other side.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
This was the best football.

You could throw a pattern, but switch guys, change direction, and totally fool the defense. Another thing that I liked is that the lineman actually blocked.
GREAT game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Madden on Sega (circa 1994) was the shit. You could line up in 5-wide, audible into pro-set and your fastest wide receiver (15 speed) would now be the RB. Could. Not. Be. Defended.

PhxRam

Never be as good as this game. Funny enough, its the Rams in this video and they almost take the kickoff for a td :lmao:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjFXnJc0Q0U[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lol. they set up the wedge beautifully.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:
I think Madden on Sega (circa 1994) was the shit. You could line up in 5-wide, audible into pro-set and your fastest wide receiver (15 speed) would now be the RB. Could. Not. Be. Defended.

The NFL 2K series was beastly.

I have a "Classic Football handheld" that Mattel made from my Uncle that's still the shit too haha.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:
X said:

I have a "Classic Football handheld" that Mattel made from my Uncle that's still the shit too haha.
I would MURDER you at that game. :hehe:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Anybody ever play this game? I spent days playing this with my best friend when I was in 8th grade.

183400.jpg

Manufacturer: Avalon Hill
Players:1-2 players
Time To Play: 90 Minutes
Recommended Ages:11+

Description:
Paydirt uses Team Charts patterned after every NFL team. These charts are statistically designed to reflect the strengths and weaknesses that characterized that team. Though the teams from the era it was published come in the box there is the ability to purchase teams from any era, and even more recent teams. With Avalon Hill's demise this is not the case for the most recent years.*

Originally called Sports Illustrated Pro Football published by Time, Inc. Then became Paydirt by Avalon Hill. Chart designer Dr. Thomas R. Nicely, a mathematician with published articles on the subject of random and statistical probabilities.

Rights to create charts reverted to Dr. Nicely when Avalon Hill folded and was absorbed by Hasbro. He then granted the privelege and rights of producing charts to one Matt Floray, who is releasing updated (and previous) charts.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:
Username said:
X said:

I would MURDER you at that game. :hehe:

Lies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
PhxRam said:
Never be as good as this game. Funny enough, its the Rams in this video and they almost take the kickoff for a td :lmao:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjFXnJc0Q0U[/youtube]

First fucking thing I thought of. I remember unwrapping that POS, setting it up, peeling out that little felt football, switching it on and thinking WTF??? REALLY???

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
TECMO BOWL was the SHIZZNIT!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0[/youtube]

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
HeiseNBerg said:
TECMO BOWL was the SHIZZNIT!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0[/youtube]

That...was the worst defense ever. Of all time.

The eight-bit music is awesome, though.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I grew up with Intellivision. I really liked the baseball game. That brought back some memories. I wish I hadn't thrown that thing away.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Whoa Plimpton ,that brings back memories.
Anyone remember the scene from "Paper Lion " where Jim Hart gets hit in the gut and the saliva spray comes out of his mouth illuminated against a pitch black sky?
Incredible shot ,probably be flagged or fined later in todays game.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I had NFL QB Club 99 for N64. You could have cheat codes and my fav. was the electric one where all the players just glide around with the ball orbiting the players' waist like a satellite. Defenders would just bounce off if they even got near. Fun game.