When all is said and done who will be the Rams #1 pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm still holding out hope for a miracle trade UP scenario that allows us to draft Winston.

Crossing fingers.

Just watched Charles Davis's top 10 and he actually has Winston falling to the Rams at the #10 spot. I have to admit that I will be more than shocked to see
Winston last that long (Unless he gets in more problems before the draft or does really poor on his interviews with the teams!)!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Could be a DE given the quality of the position up high too, btw.
I think I would throw something if we took another DE there.

Top 10 picks need to be starters, not taken at positions already filled with 1st rounders.

The only worse choices would be taking a DT or a Punter.

iced

too far out w/ too many variables for me to venture to guess..

combine, interviews, pro days, who falls/rises....

and these front offices in front of us:

-Tampa
-Tennessee
-Raiders
-Skins
-Jets
-Falcons (only mention them because they may lose draft picks - just which one?)

Some unpredictable, unstable, and/or new management in front offices

FRO

Legend
Zack Martin was picked 16 and he was instrumental in the Dallas run game last year.

iced

Just watched Charles Davis's top 10 and he actually has Winston falling to the Rams at the #10 spot. I have to admit that I will be more than shocked to see
Winston last that long (Unless he gets in more problems before the draft or does really poor on his interviews with the teams!)!

that's my nightmare scenario - like Davis, he reminds me a lot of Cutler...and then there's off the field...

Just stick with BPA and let the chips fall where they may... I just hope BPA is a T/G or WR

I don't think the Rams go QB with this class as it is, and where Fisher sits at in his tenure...if this were year 1 or 2, that's one thing...at this juncture, not so likely

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I'm still holding out hope for a miracle trade UP scenario that allows us to draft Winston.

Crossing fingers.

I know hes a head case but talent wise hes the best QB in this draft, imo. If we cant get Winston i want Hundley in the 2nd and a OL in the 1st. I prefer Scherff over Peat but i doubt hes there at 10. I'd still be down with Peat, kids a monster too.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Just pick the best fucking football player available, please.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
After the combine, things will become more clear. There are a ton of NFL ready linemen in this draft, so I have read. I'll stick this out there though; After next week and his pro day I have a hard time believing DGB won't go in the top half of the first round. I don't want any part of the guy, but I have a bad feeling he could end up being a Ram at 10. Watching that talent ooze off of him will be like the lure of the Siren's call to Fisher and Snead. They are going to think they can fix him, and they are going to take him.

That is my dark horse pick, for now.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Scherff------if he's there at 10, he'll be the best ol on the board. Scherff's a gaurd, but he'll be a hellofa run blocker-----which is right up with the run first Fisher/Cignetti attitude. As for Peat, just can't get excited about his toughness in the run game, but he'll be excellent in pass pro, especially if we use him at rt. Either way, we need two quality starting ol from this draft----fix the ol and we're going to the playoffs.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I have a hard time drafting a guard or rt at 10 you can get really good guards and right tackles in the second, third, fourth rounds. The top ten is for left tackles. It just doesnt seem like a good value, I would prefer to draft white or cooper or trade back and acquire more picks.

Last edited:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I have a hard time drafting a guard or rt at 10 you can get really good guards and right tackles in the second, third, fourth rounds. The top ten is for left tackles. It just doesnt seem like a good value, I would prefer to draft white or cooper or trafe back and acquire more picks.
This. If he's BPA, go for it. But our great OL coach shouldn't require a line full of top 10 picks to make a good line.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Our first pick is going to be BPA that falls to 10. Although, I can't see us taking another DT regardless of who it is. I'm thinking Cooper, Scherff, or Collins will be our pick at the end of the day.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
We'd not take Winston at 10 surely.... If Cooper, Scherff, Peat, Collins are there we take one of them at 10. I wouldn't mind a trade down as well though.

FrankenRam

Starter
I hope it's 'BPA'. If that happens to be an OL, great. IF it's another ADonald, take 'im.

IF there's an OL and some other position they have rated roughly equally, take the OL. But please, oh P-L-E-A-S-E don't take an OL just because that's our greatest area of need. Bad strategy.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's a bit early to make a pick, But I have two 'Dark Horses for you:
* OG/OC - Cameron Erving 6' 5 / 304 / 5.16 40 time - FSU.
* OT/OG - La'el Collins 6' 5 / 315 / 5.12 40 time - LSU
Both are good at multiple positions of need, along the O-Line!