Wheel of Time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I did not read the books. The show is good, I doubt I’ll watch it again. The characters don’t resinate with me like they do for the fans who read the books.
I hope the second season is better (sounds like half of it has already been shot) for the fans of the book.

Tano

Legend
I did not read the books. The show is good, I doubt I’ll watch it again. The characters don’t resinate with me like they do for the fans who read the books.
I hope the second season is better (sounds like half of it has already been shot) for the fans of the book.
The characters didn't resonate with a lot of people who read the first book

The characters start to get better in the second book but don't really start to become who they are until the third book

That's when the characters and the story started to really resonate with the fans

One of Mat's scenes in the third book is consider one of the top 10 scenes in the entire series.

I hope they keep it in the show.

Last edited:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I don't remember a lot from the books, so I was only hoping that the show would spark enough memory for me to enjoy it. The pace it moved at the me off quite a bit. I liked it, but I find myself wondering whether I was crazy or they were moving fast/changing stuff. Good to know it was both.

I thought the casting was fine.

Honestly I think I'm lucky that I remember enough to not be totally lost but have forgotten enough to not know what they've screwed up.

Tano

Legend
I don't remember a lot from the books, so I was only hoping that the show would spark enough memory for me to enjoy it. The pace it moved at the me off quite a bit. I liked it, but I find myself wondering whether I was crazy or they were moving fast/changing stuff. Good to know it was both.

Honestly I think I'm lucky that I remember enough to not be totally lost but have forgotten enough to not know what they've screwed up.
As I stated earlier, they have moved fast because they only had 8 episodes out of the 12 he originally requested and Covid really screwed up CGI and extras and Mat leaving during the filming of the 6th show. All of these have affected the filming of the series.

I think they did a decent job with all these restrictions.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Would have been better had Amazon kept their hands off the franchise. It's awful.

I'd like to see HBO (who knows how to do it) launch the Elric of Melnibone series. Just back up a Brinks truck for Michael Moorcock's family or whoever owns the rights and get it done. That series would kick so much ass if it was done right.

Tano

Legend
Would have been better had Amazon kept their hands off the franchise. It's awful.

I'd like to see HBO (who knows how to do it) launch the Elric of Melnibone series. Just back up a Brinks truck for Michael Moorcock's family or whoever owns the rights and get it done. That series would kick so much ass if it was done right.
I wouldn't say awful but definitely has some work cut out. And people who haven't read the series do like it and have started to read the series so there is that.

I never got into Elric

I read the Corum series and that was pretty good

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Elric was the last of a line of sorceror kings. Weak in body, an albino of inbreeding, he uses his gifts to find the ancient runeblade Stormbringer, which devours souls and makes him strong so long as he kills.

Many fantasy tropes were born in his tales, similar to Conan. He is my favorite by far of the eternal champions.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I read the books in 2000. So yeah, it’s tough to recall the details.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I’m not sure what came of it.

View: https://youtu.be/GrgheHxiG-U

Interestingly the writer of The Witcher has been accused of plagiarising Elric.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That dude is hilarious. :laugh3:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That dude is hilarious. :laugh3:
He’s definitely got the gift of gab. He’s funny, clever and grinds out sentence after sentence so fast that I have trouble following some of what he says.

How does a humans mind work so fast and fluently?