What's the Browns game plan for the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GoldenAges

UDFA
Name
Gold
My thoughts and the keys to this game. All games come down to matchups. The biggest matchup is the Rams OL vs the Browns front 7. Specifically in the run game. The Rams will need to establish the run game to open things up for Foles down the field.

The Browns have a stout yet unspectacular front 7. The absolute key to the Rams success running the ball will be getting their OLinemen out in front of the plays and identifying and taking out Karlos Dansby. Dansby is an elite LB IMO and he can single handedly shut down the Rams running game if he is not accounted for.

In the passing game the Rams need to speed up the tempo of their play and get the ball out of Foles hands quickly, especially if Cleveland is showing blitz. The Rams had a terrible day at Green Bay because they had no answer for Green Bays blitzing. With a whole extra week to gameplan, the Rams surely have implemented some protections and hot reads to counter the blitz because in a copycat league we are very likely to see the Browns blitz early and often to test out Foles and see if the Green Bay game was an anomoly or if he is really that bad vs the blitz.

Defensively I think the Rams match up very favorably against the Browns offense. The Rams need to keep Josh McCown in check. This should not be very hard to do. The Rams have the shutdown corners to cover the Browns mediocre receiving corps, and the Rams have the DL talent to get the pressure on McCown. The Browns OL is not too bad and I would expect to see some blitzing out of the Rams if the front four has trouble getting to McCown. Keeping the pressure on McCown will be key, as he has a habit of crumbling under pressure.

I expect to see the Rams come out of the bye week and put it all together. Rams 27, Browns 13

tonyl711

Starter
my game plan, run run run run run, then run some more, there is no reason not to run the ball down thier throats. stay with the run game and we win IMO. i cant see them scoring more than 14 points and im thinking that might be high.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The Cleveland defensive gameplan should be simple. Contain Gurley and make the Rams pass to beat them. If they do that, they will win.

I'll agree they should sell out to contain Gurley and make Foles beat them. That would be their best chance. But it won't be a sure thing they win if they do that. Our defense is fully capable holding them to single digits and even scoring themselves. And Austin a weapon they can't overlook.

What the Rams need to do is make sure they don't fall behind early. They need to keep running Gurley as much as possible. Yards will be tough early but Gurley will wear them down and we'll see bigger chunks of yards by the second half. 30 carries will get him at least 150 yards.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I don't think this will be an easy win for the Rams, I hope the players aren't expecting the Browns to roll over for them.