"Whatever the f*ck the outside world thought we were gonna look like — they don’t have a f*cking clue”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Cathartic and refreshing.

Sure felt like everyone was piling on the Rams, especially the last few weeks. Even our own fans were getting ready to throw in the towel on the season.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Just one game but he’s right. The media showed how clueless they were coming into this game. They didn’t give the Rams a chance despite the fact that a depleted Rams roster without Stafford, Kupp and AD took them into OT in the final game of the season last year. We have some seriously stupid sports writers and television personalities. They are lazy and only concerned about what’s trending. Seahawks got all the hype and bought in. Rams took all the shit and dug in. Celebrate this one. Prepare for the next one beginning tomorrow. Big Win.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
IMG_20230911_003839.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have some seriously stupid sports writers and television personalities.

This is all that's needed to be said.

It reminded me of Tim Hasselbeck laughing at the Rams before week 1 in 2017. Saying the colts would easily beat them, even without luck at qb. After the game he said the colts were the worst team in the league. How do these Nimrods get paid?

oldnotdead

Legend
Just one game but he’s right. The media showed how clueless they were coming into this game. They didn’t give the Rams a chance despite the fact that a depleted Rams roster without Stafford, Kupp and AD took them into OT in the final game of the season last year. We have some seriously stupid sports writers and television personalities. They are lazy and only concerned about what’s trending. Seahawks got all the hype and bought in. Rams took all the shit and dug in. Celebrate this one. Prepare for the next one beginning tomorrow. Big Win.

That's because they believe the shit PFF tells them. PFF keeps showing over and over again they have no clue but the media believes the shit because they are too lazy to actually learn the game and to know what they are seeing. I can't make it to TC etc. But I watch video of players in college and I have an understanding of what I see. It's why I was elated today, but not surprised. I said it before the game that if the Ram offense got rolling and the D played aggressively they would win this going away, which is exactly what happened.

The Niners will be a true test of how good or not this roster is. We will be able to see any growth between week 2 and week 18. We can use that week 18 game, assuming the Rams go into it relatively healthy, to gauge what the roster needs are. But I think it's clear that this OL could become a point of strength, and no longer the glaring weakness. Noteboom, much maligned on this board quietly had a very good game. In fact the only real problem with the OL was at RT. Havenstein struggled at times when he was uncovered. It only reinforced my belief they will not pay premium cap dollars for an average RT next year. They will save $6.5M by releasing Rob next year.

Dotson and McClendon should be ready to play RG next year which frees up Noteboom to move to RT. I'm glad they chose Shelton as their starting center. He's not as technically proficient as Allen in calling the protections but he's not bad either. He's also a better pass blocker than Allen. Regardless the OL isn't a problem anymore.

A follow on QB1 and tall fast WR will probably be their top priorities in next year's draft. I don't see them extending Akers if Williams continues to perform as he did today. With Evans they will have their RB 1 & 2.

Big win and a good tuneup for next week.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
To be honest, I was a bit concerned in the first half because Geno Smith was actually looking good with the way the game was going. I'm glad Raheem made the right adjustments and the defense played stellar in the second half. And Stafford looked good. Tutu and Puka really stepped up. Puka looks like he'll be an awesome compliment to super Cooper when he returns.

We get the whiners next week and it would be really cool to be 2-0 to start plus 2-0 in the NFC West. Not holding my breath but I feel a lot better about our chances now.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't even realize it until someone pointed it out, but Tre Tomlinson is sitting there looking at his phone the whole time.

Hate seeing that shit, get off the damn phone bro.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Stafford was talkin to a few of you guys right here on this board
:laugh4:
No doubt. I surely did not see that curb stomping coming. Gotta see more of it for sure, but color me humbled. Well done Rams!! From the coaching on down to the training staff.... Well done.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
1 win down
Only 2 to go for the 3 win crowd to be right
Stephen Colbert Popcorn GIF by Leroy Patterson
Well, I'm not one to shy away or even start throwing stuff in folks face. I'm definitely part of the 3 win crowd as I didn't trust our young defense and coordinator to stop much of anything. Looks like I was wrong for that one. If they can keep it up, then we'll definitely be in the race. However, this is only 1 game and our next one is against a team we haven't beaten in the regular season in a long ass time. I'm still doing the no expectations part record wise and cheering our Rams on to win every game. I know I feel better about the defense though which was ultimately my main concern.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
That's because they believe the shit PFF tells them. PFF keeps showing over and over again they have no clue but the media believes the shit because they are too lazy to actually learn the game and to know what they are seeing. I can't make it to TC etc. But I watch video of players in college and I have an understanding of what I see. It's why I was elated today, but not surprised. I said it before the game that if the Ram offense got rolling and the D played aggressively they would win this going away, which is exactly what happened.

The Niners will be a true test of how good or not this roster is. We will be able to see any growth between week 2 and week 18. We can use that week 18 game, assuming the Rams go into it relatively healthy, to gauge what the roster needs are. But I think it's clear that this OL could become a point of strength, and no longer the glaring weakness. Noteboom, much maligned on this board quietly had a very good game. In fact the only real problem with the OL was at RT. Havenstein struggled at times when he was uncovered. It only reinforced my belief they will not pay premium cap dollars for an average RT next year. They will save $6.5M by releasing Rob next year.

Dotson and McClendon should be ready to play RG next year which frees up Noteboom to move to RT. I'm glad they chose Shelton as their starting center. He's not as technically proficient as Allen in calling the protections but he's not bad either. He's also a better pass blocker than Allen. Regardless the OL isn't a problem anymore.

A follow on QB1 and tall fast WR will probably be their top priorities in next year's draft. I don't see them extending Akers if Williams continues to perform as he did today. With Evans they will have their RB 1 & 2.

Big win and a good tuneup for next week.
You always got that sniper scope on Hav. :laugh1: :laugh4: