What would this look like?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The talent is ridiculous, but I'd imagine it would be frustrating when he got hurt adjusting the microphone during his introductory press conference.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he could stay healthy and ditch the contract it would be great.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I was more interested in a Saquon reclamation project but looks like that ship has sailed.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
There's no way Carolina keeps him on his current deal. His cap hit the next three years: $19.5 mil, $19.5 mil, $15.4 mil.

I wouldn't mind him being a Ram on a new deal. He's only 26.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
It is a shame the most talented RB in the league just wasting away in Carolina, but he sure hasn't been a model of health the last few years. Id take a chance if there was a way to restructure his salary but I have no idea what we would have to give up to get him and we really would be better off looking for some Olineman to trade for. But its fun to dream he would definitely supercharge our run game. Maybe we could get them to take Akers as part of the deal with a Mid round draft pick. Surely he would take a pay cut to get out of carolina and come win a superbowl.

Ramon Ram

Starter
It is a shame the most talented RB in the league just wasting away in Carolina, but he sure hasn't been a model of health the last few years. Id take a chance if there was a way to restructure his salary but I have no idea what we would have to give up to get him and we really would be better off looking for some Olineman to trade for. But its fun to dream he would definitely supercharge our run game. Maybe we could get them to take Akers as part of the deal with a Mid round draft pick. Surely he would take a pay cut to get out of carolina and come win a superbowl.
Akers and a mid rd pick or 2 would be plenty. Question is would he be allowed to restructure contract? Does players union allow that if overall sum goes down?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Love him injury prone don't believe the Rams will ever spend that money on a RB again lesson learned and especially not one that is oft injured.

Pass

However I would rather target Brian Burns if anything that's a player that could not only fill an immediate need but should or could we sign him long term would (and I mean this in the smallest away as nothing will hurt more) also help with life after AD. That's who I try for or Sweat if I can get him discounted but Burns is target A!

dang

Legend
There's no way Carolina keeps him on his current deal. His cap hit the next three years: $19.5 mil, $19.5 mil, $15.4 mil.

I wouldn't mind him being a Ram on a new deal. He's only 26.
Rams aren’t going to pay a RB that kind of $$$ under McVay.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

View: https://twitter.com/LARams520/status/1576986378847473667?s=20&t=wKkfFvYL9dDwQnXxzg6Ryg

Made an off-handed comment in the late game thread about Matt Rhule's shitty offense and what this guy would look like in an actual NFL offense.

Sure we couldn't afford it but fun to dream...

I would have rather had Josh Jacobs. There was rumors about the Raiders not wanting to pay his fifth season. I was licking my chops. I love how he runs hard but still makes great moves.

swmizzou83

Starter
He may stay a lot healthier as a ram since he wouldn't be getting run into the ground like Carolina has

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
We'd never pay for him, but it'd be fun to have him. He has so much talent but his overuse and injury history should have everyone concerned. Granted, so many RB's get hurt and bounce back, can't say he would/would not. Would love to see what he'd look like in a stronger system like the Rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s averaged 156 carries per season with Carolina.
Hardly workhorse material

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Looks like 26 for a running back might be like 30 at other positions.

Check out how few running backs from the past couple of years have been older than 26:

Plus, this guy's an "old 26".
Would not appear to be a solid get on paper.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And people say Henderson is injury prone.
Yikes
neither rb for the rams is very good, injury excused or not. and a poor blocking o-line doesn't help out either. damn, Whitworth was that good after allm, even @ 40. maybe if they have some picks next year they can try to find a healthy rb to draft or it will become "f*ck them healthy backs".

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
neither rb for the rams is very good, injury excused or not. and a poor blocking o-line doesn't help out either. damn, Whitworth was that good after allm, even @ 40. maybe if they have some picks next year they can try to find a healthy rb to draft or it will become "f*ck them healthy backs".
I think they are both pretty good, and both are healthy. There is no injury excuse needed. When both ran on quick hit runs, they gained positive yardage, on trap delay runs they got smothered. No back is immune from that.
Look at the 49ers, they played with their 2 OT's and what? Their 3rd string RB? And yet...
Its scheme, plain and simple