What Vikings Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like a real bright guy you're talking with there :)

Passing offense advantage" "if you're just comparing receiving options the Vikings run away with it"

That's all you need to know about this "review".
He DID say the Rams would win....EXPERT!

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Earth is definitely round, but the whole "billions of years" thing is kind of embarrassing, in light of most honest research these days. Around four thousand on the dinosaurs. Around six thousand on the earth, actually. Check it out.

Kind of sad, actually, that we keep teaching kids lies. Big Flood makes sense, however incredible. Big Bang: embarrassing.
I hope your joking about this.
I thought you were joking also :(

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Did that guy load part 2 of his video? Also, I don’t see special teams on his list.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4InYu8OYUX8

The Rams have the best offense because of the sh*tty defenses they have played
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lol....You're kidding, right? You're best wide-out is I think Robert Woods? Lol. I don't even know because they are a bunch of nobodys. Do you guys even have a Tight End?"
and...
"well say goodbye to Sammy Watkins because Rhodes shuts down any #1 reciever on every team. So far he has shut down Antonio Brown and Mike Evans, and every other reciever he has faced."
and
"...and was Cooper kupp even on your guys team last year? Or was he some other team's practice squad?

Well it's very appearent that this guy only watches his team and more then Likley only when they are good what an idiot

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Here's to a good game with hopefully no injuries. The best team may not win today, but two very good teams will be playing.

Not sure who will be on top.

MN_VIKINGS

UDFA
Name
Brian
I'll be honest, this game has had me on edge for awhile but looking at the Rams schedule so far, I'm looking less concerned. Let's play some football.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let’s see if we can have respectful debate here. Always enjoyable when so.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'll be honest, this game has had me on edge for awhile but looking at the Rams schedule so far, I'm looking less concerned. Let's play some football.

What’s the vibe there; starting Keenum vs Bridgewater?

Keenum is playing well. I’m not sure what Viking fans think of Bridgewater right now?

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
What’s the vibe there; starting Keenum vs Bridgewater?

Keenum is playing well. I’m not sure what Viking fans think of Bridgewater right now?
From what I have been seeing over the past year, Vikings fans are split on Bridgewater. Some love him and think he will be great others think we are wasting our time with him. Many just want to see him play to see if he picks up were he left off in 2015. Contrary to what some have said, with the O-line he had in 2015 he actually did very well. I would love to see what he can do without have to run for his life every pass play. Apparently one of the side benefits of his year off is was working on his upper body strength. He now throws with more zip on the ball and supposedly can pass farther than before. We shall see.

Edit: As to Keenum. Viking fans are fine to see him play as long as he keeps playing like he has. He has been playing pretty well and as long as he not costing them games...........
That being said, I think Case knows his time is coming to an end and that Teddy will be playing in the near future.

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, you will get to see what Bridgewater has after Keenum throws 3 picks in the 1st half and Zim switches to Bridge in the 2nd half.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
-I would expect a smart D guy like Zimmer to really focus on stopping Gurley all day. I think they may be a little too overconfident in their pass rush though, thinking that they can just rush four, occasionally bring five on 3rd down and bother Goff whenever they feel like it. They will generate a ton of pressure i'm sure, but Goff has so many (checkdown)options thanks to McVay's scheme.

-I'm REALLY comfortable with how McVay/Phillips are able to make adjustments in game and particularly at halftime when matchups need to get tweaked. Zimmer and his staff don't strike me as being as versatile this way. Some of their fans have mentioned this.

-Thielen is a legit #2. Had a chance to watch him vs the Skins. Could be a tough matchup for us one on one.

-Seattle's D was the toughest early test for us and i still think McVay learned alot from that game(see the Jax game). The offensive gameplan will be designed to beat the Vikings D. Sounds like a Capt Obvious statement but that wasn't happening before McVay arrived. Ask Keenum. Or Goff.

-If Rams can keep it close at halftime and just have Gurley working and the TE's involved i really like our chances. IMO a team like Minnesota(at home) will fall asleep on us in the 2nd half if they feel really good about themselves after two quarters of smash mouth football.

Yeah, I think not getting behind by any significant number is paramount...Regardless of how high-powered the Rams O is, the Vikings D is too good to make up a lot of points on...

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/11/18/16673712/watch-rams-vikings-1977-mud-bowl

WATCH: Rams vs Vikings in the 1977 “Mud Bowl”
A game where things got a little bit sloppy
by Christopher Gates

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1253&v=ryQOhVyOFws

chuckforeman.0.jpg

Picture courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

While our stories about the history between the Minnesota Vikings and their opponents for a particular week focus solely on the regular season history between the two teams, our own wludford put this little beauty in the comments of that post, and I thought I’d put it up here for anyone that wanted to watch it.

This is the video. . .and it’s the full game, so I’m not sure how long it will actually stay on YouTube or anything. . .of the famous 1977 “Mud Bowl” playoff game between the Los Angeles Rams and the Minnesota Vikings. This game does not take place in Minneapolis, but rather at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum, proving that the old song that claims that it never rains in Southern California is a blatant lie.

The Rams had hammered the Vikings during the regular season on a Monday night by a score of 35-3, and the Vikings went into this one being forced to start Bob Lee at quarterback in place of the injured Fran Tarkenton. All the signs pointed to bad things for the purple, but by the end of the evening, they had managed to ride Chuck Foreman and a strong defensive effort to a 14-7 victory.

(Yeah, I told you who won. There’s no such thing as a “spoiler” for a game that happened 40 years ago.)

The Vikings would, ultimately, lose the NFC Championship Game to the Dallas Cowboys, but if you want to see a game from one of the great rivalries of the 70s that was played in some of the sloppiest conditions you’ll ever see, fire this one up and have a watch.

I have always loved Muddy Games! I always think of this photo when I think of them>>>>>>

Merlin%20Olsen3.jpg

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

But the same goes for your schedule. The Browns... Injured Redskins, Tampa Bay, injured Packers, Chicago, and Baltimore. Not exactly an awe inspiring list of wins.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Here's to a good game with hopefully no injuries. The best team may not win today, but two very good teams will be playing.

Not sure who will be on top.

Thanks for popping in here guys. Looking forward to a hard fought game in the cozy dome.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Not to mention that playing some of those garbage teams, you've had no blowout victories.

If we only have blowouts because we're playing bad teams, and you're playing bad teams but can't blow them out...
Logic implies that you're not performing at the same level we are. Just saying.