What Redskins Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Daved202

UDFA
@Daved202

Again I and many others are very glad you're here and by all means stop by throughout the year and off season if you feel like it! It's always good having guests from other teams that are willing to have a discussion with us and you most certainly have proven you're willing to talk (y)

I can tell you this. I gained a bit more respect for the rams from the posters on here. Unlike the Miami forums they literally where pissed because they didnt blow us out since they have supposedly way more talent than us.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
When I saw Mariota throw 4 tds like it was nothing I was super pissed.

Joking aside, I really liked Mariota too. Cooper is gonna be lights out too if he ever makes it to a team that has consistant QB play. I'm happy you guys took Scherff. Seems like he was grabbed too soon. Saw him get beat pretty easily in preseason on a few occasions. But he's a rookie, time will tell.

Daved202

UDFA
Joking aside, I really liked Mariota too. Cooper is gonna be lights out too if he ever makes it to a team that has consistant QB play. I'm happy you guys took Scherff. Seems like he was grabbed too soon. Saw him get beat pretty easily in preseason on a few occasions. But he's a rookie, time will tell.

Mariota is a passionate person so people might of taken that of being weak etc but it all depends IMO. Mariota just has that desire to win and to not only represent him self and the team but to his heritage and family.

You could tell he was a quick learner too. Tons of skins fans didnt want him and accused him of being rg3 2.0 but one thing Mariota does well that rg3 doesnt is that he is able to learn from his mistake and is a very easily coached player.

Winston will be good but arguably next year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can tell you this. I gained a bit more respect for the rams from the posters on here. Unlike the Miami forums they literally where pissed because they didnt blow us out since they have supposedly way more talent than us.
Most Rams fans have learned over the last decade to temper our expectations. You won't find many on here who won't say this is our best team since the team that lost to the Spygate Masters of Foxborough. But we've been let down all too often. Take last year for instance. We are the first team to ever hold Peyton to under 10 points in a dome. We turn around the next week and give away a game in San Diego late that we should have one. Major let down. But we rise up the following 2 weeks and back to back shut outs vs the Raiders then the Skins. So what would we do after 2 great performances? Lose 3 in a row and don't even really look competitive in any of the three to close out the season with yet another losing record. So we know better than to get too excited especially after week 1.

Best of luck to you Sunday but not too much. And more luck after we're done playing.

iced

When I saw Mariota throw 4 tds like it was nothing I was super pissed.

I'm one of the few that thought Mariota was a way better prospect, especially living in Buc country... Winston reminds me too much of cutler - great arm, bad decisions

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also the phins have a overall better O than you do so by your account we should hold you to three points because you simply believe a seahawks team would of held us to 0 points.

Ok makes sense. Rams win 30-3

Lol

Cant take you serious too even tho you been a solid poster so far I guess?

I'm not so sure they do.

I don't see the Rams winning a blowout. But I also don't think it's a game that will go down to the wire.

My best attempt at a prediction would be 24-13 or 24-10. Something like that.

I wont take anything away from the w you guys just did. But if Good cousins comes along than your D gonna have a long day . We have a better OL than seattle and even with jackson out we have a decent group of wideouts along with a pretty good TE and two good RBs.

Rams had a good game plan against the rams but redskins arent as bad as people think. Im use to us losing close games but I think skins pull an upset . Thats me being a fan and all.

That's like saying, "Watch out NFL, if good Manziel comes along, the Browns will be tough to beat."

Seattle has a better overall offense. They have a far better QB, a better running game, and better weapons (since you're missing DeSean). Yea, you have them on the OL.

You do realize I was complimenting your team. ...

No, you weren't. You basically said, "Hey, you're the most attractive girl out of all the fat, ugly cows here."

Daved202

UDFA
Most Rams fans have learned over the last decade to temper our expectations. You won't find many on here who won't say this is our best team since the team that lost to the Spygate Masters of Foxborough. But we've been let down all too often. Take last year for instance. We are the first team to ever hold Peyton to under 10 points in a dome. We turn around the next week and give away a game in San Diego late that we should have one. Major let down. But we rise up the following 2 weeks and back to back shut outs vs the Raiders then the Skins. So what would we do after 2 great performances? Lose 3 in a row and don't even really look competitive in any of the three to close out the season with yet another losing record. So we know better than to get too excited especially after week 1.

Best of luck to you Sunday but not too much. And more luck after we're done playing.

Rams have talent . But just like you guys I saw a different redskins team on sunday that flat out wants to win . Its gonna be a tough game overall because how I see it the rams imo wont run the ball well against us which would put Foles in possibly alot of third down situations.

Just like I can see skins getting pressured this game and cousins goes a 170 yards 1td 1 int type game. As much as I like cousins he is inconsistent.

Daved202

UDFA
I'm one of the few that thought Mariota was a way better prospect, especially living in Buc country... Winston reminds me too much of cutler - great arm, bad decisions
I'm not so sure they do.

That's like saying, "Watch out NFL, if good Manziel comes along, the Browns will be tough to beat."

Seattle has a better overall offense. They have a far better QB, a better running game, and better weapons (since you're missing DeSean). Yea, you have them on the OL.

No, you weren't. You basically said, "Hey, you're the most attractive girl out of all the fat, ugly cows here."

Haha idk what to tell you. The hawks looked sloppy while the rams looked better. Its the nfl so shit happens .

You really dont think the phins have a better O than you do? .

And your right maybe we put up ten points . But defensively we possibly can do better than seattle this game. We have a pretty good defensive unit so who knows.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Haha idk what to tell you. The hawks looked sloppy while the rams looked better. Its the nfl so crap happens .

Both teams were somewhat sloppy. It's week 1. The Rams coughed the ball up three times on fumbles. Seattle recovered all three. The Rams still beat them...the team that made it to the Super Bowl last year.

You really dont think the phins have a better O than you do? .

I'm not sold they do. We'll see. It depends on whether Week 1 Nick Foles in the exception or the norm. If he's the norm, I think we have as good of an offense...if not better. Especially if Tannehill doesn't play better.

And your right maybe we put up ten points . But defensively we possibly can do better than seattle this game. We have a pretty good defensive unit so who knows.

You probably will. The Rams aren't the Patriots. I don't expect the offense to score 27 points every game.

But that doesn't mean Seattle is terrible. The Rams had a great game-plan.

Daved202

UDFA
Both teams were somewhat sloppy. It's week 1. The Rams coughed the ball up three times on fumbles. Seattle recovered all three. The Rams still beat them...the team that made it to the Super Bowl last year.

I'm not sold they do. We'll see. It depends on whether Week 1 Nick Foles in the exception or the norm. If he's the norm, I think we have as good of an offense...if not better. Especially if Tannehill doesn't play better.

You probably will. The Rams aren't the Patriots. I don't expect the offense to score 27 points every game.

But that doesn't mean Seattle is terrible. The Rams had a great game-plan.

I agree with #1-3 but phins O last year was pretty alright. Now from what I saw during our games against them there O sucked other than Cameron..tannehill would of been blasted by phins fans if we would of gotten any of the ints we dropped.

They have a good O overall I just think we caught them off guard we ran a cover 3 all game and we have IMO a underrated secondary. Our pass rush wasnt even all that despite three sacks..tannehill just took a long time to throw.

Thats one game tho so dont quote me on that.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Here's a Q&A with a member of Hogs Heaven followed by comments by mostly Rams fans interacting with an agitated Skins fan who calls himself Fishslap 33. Amusing.
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/9/18/9353189/st-louis-rams-washington-nfl-football-team-preview

St. Louis Rams At Washington: Preview Q&A with Hogs Haven
By 3k@3k_ on Sep 18, 2015

usa-today-8266391.0.jpg

Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports

With the St. Louis Rams heading to Washington this weekend for game two, I linked up with Alex Rowsey from Hogs Haven to get a bit more info on what's going down in D.C. with a certain quarterback demoted to the sidelines and an 0-1 Washington team eager to avenge last year's 24-0 drubbing.

So the Kirk Cousins Show. How comfortable are you with the results through one week? The running game looked to be well above average. Is there a concern that the passing game will drag down the team despite the cushion of the ground game and the quality of your wide receivers? And how do you square that with the offense throughout the second half on Sunday?

It's hard to ever say you're "comfortable" with a loss, especially at home, but I'm comfortable with Kirk Cousins at QB. It's obviously much easier on him and everyone else in the offense when the running game is clicking like it was last week. Kirk did a good job completing 67.7% of his passes and he's excellent at getting the ball out quickly... as evidenced by him only taking one sack against an excellent Miami Dolphin DL.

It really all comes down to the INTs for him. He threw one last week that was absolutely terrible and then threw another one that I don't really blame him too much for. He has the arm. He has the quick release. He's good at getting completions. He can put up big yards and move the offense. He just has to cut down on the turnovers. That's really the only thing.

All that being said, yeah, there's a little concern that our passing game will limit us this year. Fans are still skeptical of Jay Gruden's offense and for however optimistic you want to be about Kirk Cousins, there's zero evidence that he'll be a good starter in this league... yet. He's the best QB on the roster, but who knows what that's worth. Additionally, the right side of our OL is young and inexperienced. They're certainly better in the run game than pass protection and that could limit Kirk's chances.

Finally, penalties are a big problem for our team, especially on the offensive side of the ball. They're a huge part of the reason why our offense struggled so mightily in the second half last week. When we can run the ball and have our third downs be less than 10 yards, we're decent at converting and keeping drives alive.

But when we have penalties that consistently put us in third and long situations, the drives shut down. It's pretty simple, but in the second half last week penalties really put us in some tough situations that caused multiple drives to stall. I feel we do a great job of shooting ourselves in the foot... so you guys won't have to worry about it.

The bigger surprise last weekend was perhaps the defense keeping the Dolphins in check, especially for the first three quarters. What helped you guys find success in limiting Miami?

Our entire defense is underrated in this league, but especially our front seven. While our secondary is still suspect as hell, the front seven is a definite strength. It all starts against the run. Our front seven is very, very difficult to run against. Ryan Kerrigan is a stud against the pass and the run and Trent Murphy at the other OLB spot is dynamite against the run (though he lacks in the pass rushing department). And then when you have ~400-lb.Terrance Knighton in the middle, there's just not a lot of room for lanes/holes to open up. So Lamar Miller was stifled all day.

After that, our new DC (Joe Barry) seems to have implemented a very good defensive plan that allows us to take advantage of our front and get good pressure even when only rushing four or five. Guys like Ryan Kerrigan, Jason Hatcher, and the rookie Preston Smith have a knack for getting after the QB. Chris Baker and Stephen Paea are also dynamic pass rushers who thrive against the pass much more than the run. They're also huge.

So when you can stop the run effectively and then find ways to get solid pressure without having to blitz too much, you can really help out a secondary that's banged up, dealing with suspensions, and only average at best. No run game + Tannehill under pressure all day = solid defense.

So Kai Forbath...help a Rams fan understand why you'd cut the kicker with the highest field goal percentage in your franchise's history (...of >1 FGA) after one week. Was Forbath really the issue? Is he just a week 1 scapegoat?

The release of Kobra Kai has been coming for a while now. Last year the team drafted Zach Hocker in the seventh round to compete with Kai. Kai fended him off, but you see the writing on the wall when a team drafts a kicker. This year they brought in yet another K to compete with Kai and Kai came out on top again. Here's the deal, though. The reason Kai was released has nothing to do with his FG kicking abilities. The man is simply bad at KOs.

Our special teams unit is basically garbage. We gave up another punt return for a TD last week. We always do. Don't worry, Tavon Austin will have his chances there. But with our coverage units being as bad as they are, we really can't afford to have a K who can't get TBs. Kai barely kicks it off into the end-zone and we're always dealing with opposing returners having a chance to burn our coverage units. Replacing Kai with a guy who can consistently get TBs helps out tremendously.

Another issue with Kai is that his great FG% is misleading. From 40 yards and in, Kai Forbath is money. The guy basically doesn't miss. That's part of the reason his percentage is so high. However, due to his less than stellar leg strength, our team basically doesn't try 50+ yard FGs... like ever.

Since Kai got here in 2012, we rarely ever even consider long FGs because his accuracy is sub-par from distance. So while Kai provided a guaranteed three points from 40 and in, the potential to have a K who can consistently get TBs and actually has a chance from 50+ is worth the risk that accuracy from 40 and in goes down a little bit.

What do you know about this team? What do you think you know? And what are you hoping for?

I know this team is headed in the right direction with GM Scot McCloughan. Our past two drafts (though early) seem to be two of the better drafts we've had in the past 25 years. We have good, young potential and a GM with a track record. We have not had those things since Dan Snyder bought the Redskins in 1999. We've always had overpaid, high-priced, aging FAs.

Now we seem to be focused on the draft and finding younger FAs who are entering their prime and don't break the bank. It's a great strategy. We entered the draft with seven picks and Scot had a stated goal of getting up to 10... and he did. Our team is building for the future and trying to find young guys who contribute on STs. It's a culture change that this team has desperately needed.

I think I know that Kirk Cousins is a good enough QB that we can move forward with him at that spot and not have to spend another high draft pick (or picks) on one for a while. I think Kirk can be average to above average and that's good enough for me. I'm tired of the wasted picks and constantly chasing the next best QB who will save our franchise. I want to see Scot focus on building up the rest of the team around the QB and reduce the importance of trying to find "the guy" all the time. I think Kirk is good enough to hold down the spot while he does that.

I'm hoping that Jordan Reed can stay healthy and become a Pro Bowl TE. He is definitely one of the best, most talented receiving TEs in the game. He has two major issues, though. First of all, he's made of glass and almost always hurt. It's hard to rely on someone like that. Secondly, he's a poor blocker.

In order to be a proper TE and not just some big WR, he really needs to work diligently on his blocking. But as far as a guy who can run routes, absolutely snag everything around him, and then be deadly after the catch, Jordan Reed has all that in spades. I want to see him take the next step and stay healthy for a change. I'm hopeful that he can do just that.

Big picture. Is Jay Gruden the right head coach for you guys? Does that still depend on the long-term outcome of the Kirk Cousins/RGIII issue? Is it all on GM Scot McCloughan to right the ship over a couple of years for the franchise?

This is the toughest question. Our fan-base is split and I don't know that anyone could give a correct answer, yet. I'll say I think he can be but hasn't shown to be, yet. Last year was terrible for the entire team. 4-12 is unacceptable and Jay Gruden was in over his head. He didn't do well. But at the same time, it was his first year as an NFL HC. How many people are excellent at a new job that they've never done before right from the jump?

This year he's seemed better and appears to be growing into the role, but it's so early that you really can't say, yet. He's certainly improved in some areas (surrounding himself with the right guys, learning how to handle the media, etc.). It also should be noted that when Jay became our HC last year, he signed a five-year contract for a guaranteed $20M.

So he's going to have to really fail for Dan Snyder to can him, pay him all that money, and pay a new coach. Besides, the Redskins HC job is one of the least desirable in the league with Snyder as owner.

The QB situation further confuses this whole scenario. The way the QB situation went last year, and the relationship between Jay and RGIII hasn't been good. RGIII isn't very good right now. He's bad. Jay seems to be over him but also seems to have been pressured to make it work. When he was hired, there were visions of grandeur between he and RGIII and the future of the franchise. After all, he was good with Andy Dalton in Cincy, so everyone thought he'd be able to help RGIII become what we all wanted him to become. Well that didn't happen. So, Jay has decided that Kirk is better. And he's right.

So to some extent, he really needs to have this team perform better with Kirk than when he was expected to make it work with RGIII. After all, this is his choice. To take it further though, you have to keep in mind that really neither of these guys was Jay's choice. Both were drafted by Mike Shanahan and both were here with Jay arrived. He's working with what he has. So he must do better with Kirk now that he's clearly chosen him over RGIII, but does it matter that Kirk might still not really be his choice? I guess that's a question for Dan Snyder, President Bruce Allen, and GM Scot McCloughan.

And yes, we're all counting on Scot McCloughan to fix everything. We're naive like that...Thanks to Alex for the time.
---------
If both teams play to their full potential
the Rams are going to demoralize this team. If the Rams play down to their opponents, it could be a long, frustrating sunday.

The Rams need to start fast just like last week, and make Cousins hurry up his throws and make mistakes. Contain Morris (which shouldn’t be tough after they faced Lynch last week), and put pressure on Cousins and this could be a blowout. The Rams O is better than the Skins D so that matchup should be in our favor as well.
--------
Wake and Suh are very good
But definitely not as good as Donald and Quinn. And Miami’s DLine aint got players caliber of Brockers and Long playing next to Suh and Wake
--------
Miami also doesn't have our crazy depth.
We have the best D-line in the NFL no matter how you look at it. The best duo. The best front four. The most skilled depth. The fastest line off the snap. Really it’s not even close. And as our secondary continues to improve, that’ll just give them even more time to destroy.

This week they don’t even have to worry about containing a duel threat QB. Washington fans don’t seem to be factoring in other guys blitzing in Greg Williams super aggressive D either. What do they think we’re gonna do? Just rush 4 guys and drop everybody else into coverage? This might get ugly …
--------
It made me go across and read the fan comments on Hogs Haven
And I would say there is a pretty decent level of respect for our whole team (not just the D line). Felt kinda weird reading something that did not instantly suppose that the Rams suck on a non Rams site.
--------
I re-watched the game last night and kept an eye out for missed sacks
or situations where Wilson dodged the sack and threw it away, or scrambled for 2 yards or less while VERY narrowly avoiding a sack (bootlegs dont count, etc)… There were EIGHT such plays. Wilson was running for his life all day.
----------
Man, that is a whole lot of faith in Kirk Cousins...
I’m getting visions of Shaun Hill/Austin Davis/Kellen Clemens/Ryan Fitzpatrick/etc/etc/etc. Basically the Rams are going against a team with a really nice run defense, a maybe-kinda-sorta frisky pass rush (that’s more of a compliment than it sounds like), a "Rams in 2013"-level secondary, a decently promising running game with no real explosiveness from any skill positions, and a quarterback with a predilection for throwing interceptions and being unable to convert on third down.

They need to win, and comfortably. Nick Foles needs to be more consistent too. As well as he played, and he was an absolute warrior, he did leave some easy completions on the field that could turn into some really nice gains against a secondary like Washington’s.
-------
A few thoughts
As a Redskins fan I think I can say confidently that the consensus is that the Rams front 7 is a challenge and the biggest obstacle for a Skins win on your side of things. But Miami´s front was pretty intimidating as well and it got humiliated by our rookie infested O-line last time. We even managed to run effectively against it. The big difference is that St Louis is stronger in the secondary, and particularly at LB, than Miami is. So I don´t think we´ll be running as much, even though that is supposed to be the new identity of the Skins. We´ll see though.

They surprised me last week and may do so again. I´m still not sure about Foley though. He´s been either very on or very off the times I´ve seen him play before. If Good Foley shows up we might be in trouble.

I don´t think it´s a foregone conclusion that the Rams will win though. Miami was arrogant when they came in last week as well. Miami fans were telling me how Suh (2 tackles on Sunday, no pressures, no sacks against a rookie) and Wake (1 sack called back, the only one in the game against a sophomore who missed last season with a foot injury) were going to dominate the right side of our line and how Cousins would be sacked at least 8 times.

Ring a bell Rams fans? The fact is you´re not gonna sack Cousins because he almost always throws the ball before you can get to him, unless there´s a completely blown assignment in front of him. Not always to the right team granted, but the ball comes out as if he´s a human egg timer.

If the Skins can develop a running game like they did last week this will become even more the case. His weakness is still interceptions and the best way to deal with him is to jump his throws in the secondary. If you try blitzing him or make the mistake of thinking that you can treat him the way you treated Wilson it could blow up in your face big time. The single greatest advantage of Kirk Cousins is that people underestimate him.

But Cousins is not our problem and neither is the o line. It is special teams (Renamed Special Needs last year), particularly the punt coverage, lack of discipline on offense and an injury riddled secondary. Miami scored 17 points on the Redskins. The first seven came when David Amerson got bullied at corner and gave up 6/8 plays including a walk-in TD at the end of the first half. He was only on to begin with because D Hall went out with an injury, and this was his only drive on the game. The last seven came on a miserable punt return TD when our special needs people ran as if they all had full loads in their pants.

If this repeats itself you can send your grandmothers to play us and still win. Unless there´s drastic improvement in ST and Amerson is kept off the field we will lose. Simple as. If there is drastic improvement it´s about 60-40 in St Louis´favor in my view. Many people probably missed it but the Redskins actually outplayed the Dolphins completely on both sides of the ball on Sunday. It is not easy to score on our defense right now and it is not easy to stop our power run. If you think it will be you might be in for a disappointing Sunday. It is easy to score on special teams though. Ask the Dolphins.

Anyway, good luck to the Rams and hopefully we´ll have a good game. HTTR!
--------
Those are some rosy glasses you have on there
keep drinking the redskin kool aid. If you think your OL is going to "humiliate" our DL you’re in for a rude awakening. Miami’s front 7 is pretty good. The Rams is downright scary. As I said above, if both teams play to their full potential, the Rams will destroy the Redskins.

The only way the skins win this game is if the Rams come out flat and take this game for granted. It is the Rams game to win or lose, and the skins barely have anything to do with it. They have a tendency to follow up a big win with a loss against a terrible team, so hopefully they come out swinging and play as if their season is on the line.
-------
Funny
Dolphins fans were giving me the same speech last week. I´m a Redskins fan. I think I know when I see a bad team and when I don´t better than most people. I´ve watched at least one bad team play every Sunday for two years now. And this year´s Redskins is not a bad team. Last year´s Redskins was an awful team. The 2013 Redskins were even more awful. This year´s team is the best Redskins team I´ve seen in a long time, and were really unlucky/clumsy to lose to Miami, also a self proclaimed PO team whose fans were giving me grief for saying that the game would be close (which it was).

And I also think that a team that hasn´t made the playoffs in more than a decade isn´t a great team by anyone´s standards, historically speaking. Unless St Louis are drastically improved since last year I don´t see why this year should be any different. Fischer is widely known for winning his annual mini superbowl against Seattle and then happily going 6-10 or 7-9 or whatever you end up at in any given season. What makes you think 2015 will be any different?

I told you above precisely what our problems are. Or rather what they were against Miami. You can call it "rosy" but it´s not. It´s realistic. Your assessment of the St Louis defense might not be realistic though. It´s just been one game here. This game will be much closer than you apparently imagine. I hope for your sake that Fischer and company take it a little more seriously than you do.
--------
Let me go through it then
1: QB. Cousins was the best QB available last year but didn´t get the start because of RG3AndOut. Then he came on with a short leash and struggled against New York and got benched again. This year he´s finally the starter and it´s a huge improvement.

2: Offensive line. Last year´s version had Chester and Polumbus on the right side, leaking like a siv. This year they have been replaced by last year´s rookie Moses and this year´s rookie and fifth overall pick Brandon Scherff. Huge improvements both of them, although they will need a few games to get comfortable. Their debut was a shocking success for us and I´m sure for Miami. This also helps Morris a lot and that again helps Cousins a lot.

3: Defensive front. Terrance Knighton at NT. Not his best game on Sunday but still a big upgrade from Barry Cofield. Hatcher is injury free now and was the best, or at least most impactful player, on the Redskins team last week.

4: Coaching. The entire coaching staff was upgraded and changed in the OS. New GM, new DL coach and defensive coordinator, new OL coach and a new GM.
--------
Your faith in Cousins is admirable.
On the other hand, "He would be a pretty decent QB if he didn’t throw interceptions more frequently than anyone else in the league not named Geno Smith and he could convert on third down" isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement. And hey, I actually complimented your run defense! It’s certainly been turned into a strength pretty quickly.

The back six has to be kind of terrifying for you, though, and while the pass rush isn’t necessarily a problem, it’s not like they have the horses to really even come close to helping them out consistently. And while I called your running game "promising," there is nothing on your team that could threaten a good secondary downfield with DJax out. And we haven’t even gotten to the special teams.

You’re absolutely right that the Rams could lose. However, even you have to admit that it’s much more likely that they win.
--------
The Skins do look better this year than last
But you seem to be suggesting that because the Skins played better in a loss to the Phins last week that you are suddenly better than a team that stood up to that beastly Hawks team last week. The only way that is true is if the Phins are superior to the Hawks (which they aren’t and it is not even close) so your logic is, prima face, flawed.

If we play up to last week’s performance I expect us to win even if we do not have it all our own way like last year. There is a different feel about this year’s Rams (read: they seem to be ready to play before week 6 unlike previous years).

Also, we have been pretty excited about Jamon Brown. Watching him against Jason Hatcher will be interesting and a chance to see if the training camp hype was warranted.
-------
But the Rams always do that to Seattle and then lose to bad teams
Fair or not I´m just going off history here. Last year´s awful (Really awful, seriously) Redskins beat Dallas in Texas. That didn´t mean we were going to beat anybody else, and everyone knew it. But in that game the team played great! The Rams need to show consistency at the level they performed at against Seattle before outsider´s perceptions will change. Just like we need to start winning games before people will notice that the Redskins are a pretty decent team right now.

All fans pay a lot of attention to their own team and very little to other teams. The regular season is a reality check for all of us. The only teams I positively know will make the PO this year are New England, Green Bay, Denver and Pittsburgh. Everybody else will have to prove themselves, Seattle included.
-------
Yeah
It´s this kind of schoolyard argument I´m not interested in. If you don´t have anything intelligent to contribute I don´t understand why you don´t just keep quiet. Phillaz hasn´t been paying attention and seemed to think that the Redksins are as bad as last year. I explained why this is not the case.

I understand that we´ll have to win to shut people up though. But so does St Louis, which is a sub 500 team for more than a decade here. The people who have replied to me here are more arrogant and less informed than the fans usually are when we play good teams like Seattle, New England or Denver. It´s quite something.
---------
So if we beat you
Then you have to come over here and tell us we were right. I will do the same if you guys pull out a victory
-------
It´s a deal
Like I said I have 60-40 Rams and sadly I will not be surprised if we lose. I think that´s the main difference between me and the people posting here because you seem to have it 100-0 in favor of the Rams.
-------
I've seen plenty of intelligent comments
you just refuse to accept them.

You’re comparing the Rams D-Line (which may be the all around defensive line the NFL has seen since the Fearsome Foursome) with the Dolphins d-line. They’re not even close. Aaron Donald is the best defensive tackle in football. Robert Quinn is the best 4-3 DE in the league. Brockers and Long are great complimentary pieces to that, plus the guys coming off the bench are capable of being starters on any other team. The Rams have a legitimate 7-8 man rotation in the front 4. No other team in the league has that.

You say that Cousins gets the ball out fast. That WOULD be a strength, if it weren’t for the fact that he likes to throw it just to avoid getting sacked, not because he, you know, is throwing it to an open receiver. He throws it fast, but it gets intercepted a LOT.

You’re completely ignoring the Rams much improved offense because…you don’t want to address that the Rams are a much improved offense? I guess? Idk.

You point to the fact that the Rams haven’t had a winning season in over a decade, and I’d like to point out that aside from a fluke season in 2012, the Redskins haven’t been much better. At least the Rams have several Super Bowl runs since they arrived in St. Louis. The Redskins were last relevant in the late 80s/early 90s.
-------
Appreciate your assessment Fishslap...
You don’t come off as looking through rosy glasses to me. You do have the ability to at least be able to see your teams strengths and weaknesses. We all have biases for our teams so no ones going to be able to say the story 100% straight.

Having said that, I do believe the Dolphins played down to the level of their competition last weekend though. While Skins have made progress over last season, I still don’t believe their at a level yet to compete with the rest of the NFC East. The Dolphins seem to play good teams great and rebuilding teams weak. Like you said, not enough data to be sure after one week but if the Redskins beat the Rams like they beat the Dolphins then I can say they’ve actually turned the corner.

Cousins ability to make quick releases greatly depends on having an open man to throw to. Desean Jacksons out this weekend and Reeds questionable. That leaves possibly only Garcon for him to have a decent chance of throwing to. The game was looking rough w/o two your best receivers not being available.

The only way I see the Rams losing this game is if they treated last weekend like it was their Super Bowl and have a letdown this week. Like some of the posters have already mentioned, the way they handled Wilson last week was absolutely scary. A bad team doesn’t live in the NFC Champs backfield the entire game.

The Rams have a similar offensive line to the Redskins (young, weak pass blocking, strong against the run) and they were rag-dolled the entire pre-season by our team’s D-line during practice. Call me biased, but this game isn’t going to be close. Just my not-so humble opinion.
---------
We did have a guy called Ross tearing it up in the PS as a deep guy
Not sure if he´s capable of stepping up now but he did look very good to us. But yeah you´re right in this assessment. We will need a break to win games. But all -500 teams are like that. All I´m saying is that they played well against Miami; better than I´ve really seen them play, especially on D, in a long long time. To us this is a rebuilding year and 6-10 would be a pretty good. But I think those 6 teams will probably be the ones who make the mistake of underestimating us. And that sounds like St Louis all over.
--------
ok buddy, you really did, though.
but what exactly is it that you think your team is better than ours at? there is not a single phase of the game that you guys are better than we are at.
I’m not going to talk about special teams because that is by far and wide in our favor.

you think your offensive line outperformed its expectations last week, and it probably did but we’re not the Dolphins, we’re better. I’m excited to see Scherff because he was a player a lot of wanted here. Trent can’t handle Robert Quinn, and who is your guys’ RT? Morgan Moses is going to have his work cut out for him with the steady dosage of Chris Long and William Hayes. Lichtensteiger isn’t a nobody but he will look like one when either one of our DT’s line up directly across from him, but you will see.

People talk about "passing short" against us, because we tend to play a very soft zone; however, last week we excelled against short passes forcing SEA in to many 4th downs off of multiple 3rd and shorts. 2 of them which only gained 1 yard which isn’t only impressive, it’s amazing. So without the threat of DJAX, your WR’s will have a very quite game. If you think Jordan Reed will be effective, see what we did to Jimmy Graham.

Morris is a great player, but so is our interior DL, like I previously stated – That will be your guys’s only chance in my opinion, but you can never count that guy out.

Your defense is looking pretty good, but they will have to account for Jared Cook, Tavon Austin, and a bevvy of extremely underrated WR’s. Maybe if you guys stop the run you will have a chance, but this offense is much more versatile than people give it credit for because of past performances with the likes of Austin Davis, Shaun Hill, and Kellen Clemens as our QB’s.

"This year´s team is the best Redskins team I´ve seen in a long time, and were really unlucky/clumsy to lose to Miami, also a self proclaimed PO team whose fans were giving me grief for saying that the game would be close (which it was)."

That may be so, and we’ve watched that kind of clumsiness for the past decade, but we were not lucky to beat the Seahawks last weekend, we beat them and that was to overcome quite a few missed calls and phantom penalties on us. This game may be close, but you won’t win, the only win you guys will have is by having kept Cousins from being sacked more than 5 times.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with #1-3 but phins O last year was pretty alright. Now from what I saw during our games against them there O sucked other than Cameron..tannehill would of been blasted by phins fans if we would of gotten any of the ints we dropped.

They have a good O overall I just think we caught them off guard we ran a cover 3 all game and we have IMO a underrated secondary. Our pass rush wasnt even all that despite three sacks..tannehill just took a long time to throw.

Thats one game tho so dont quote me on that.
One thing I found peculiar looking at some of the footage vs the Phins was their pass rush. I rarely saw them rush more than 3. They seemed to drop one of their DLine back in to coverage somewhat randomly but very rarely did they rush more than just their dline. Were they blitzing, stunting or doing anything to try to generate a pass rush?

Daved202

UDFA
One thing I found peculiar looking at some of the footage vs the Phins was their pass rush. I rarely saw them rush more than 3. They seemed to drop one of their DLine back in to coverage somewhat randomly but very rarely did they rush more than just their dline. Were they blitzing, stunting or doing anything to try to generate a pass rush?

They rushed 4 from what I saw. They didnt play press or anything against us and other than grimes and there safety the phins CBs are pretty bad , they had McCain start who was almost ranked dead last in pass coverage.

We moved the ball well but like ive said 11 penalties will kill drives

Daved202

UDFA
Final prediction. Skins upset rams 20-17 .

I wasnt all that impress on how you guys played against seattle. Not enough for me to be shaken . Im more confident than ever that we will win id come here personally to say sorry if im wrong.

Foles will struggle.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

I wasnt all that impress on how you guys played against seattle. Not enough for me to be shaken . Im more confident than ever that we will win id come here personally to say sorry if im wrong.

Foles will struggle.

Make sure you post that final score on this thread in the link below.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/rams-redskins-win-10-000-rod-dollars.39943/

If the Skins win you'll win the $10,000 ROD cash prize because everyone else bet on the Rams. :shades:

Lesson

Oh, really?

Foles will struggle.

He's had 1 bad game vs the Skins in 4 starts vs them(being his 1st start vs them as a rookie in 2012).

What makes you confident Foles will struggle?