What is your favorite Christmas Movie?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

"Buddy...." ~ John McClain

ZWtdbIr.gif

Tano

Legend
The Scrooge Musical is pretty good

"Thank you very much. It's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me"

After Scrooge dies lol

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well I do like a Christmas Story

That's the one with Ralphie, right? I think I hate that movie more than any other; Ralphie is a malignant narcissist and a sociopathic asshole who deserved far worse than his fate.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
That's the one with Ralphie, right? I think I hate that movie more than any other; Ralphie is a malignant narcissist and a sociopathic asshole who deserved far worse than his fate.
Hold my beer: Ralphie's dad.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Hold my beer: Ralphie's dad.

Yeah, I can easily see where Ralphie got his personality from.

But that must proves my point: I fucking hate that movie.

Tano

Legend
Man Ralphie is a kid - give him a break

At least he wasn't a bully (and he finally fought back against his bully)

Memento

Name
Jemma
Man Ralphie is a kid - give him a break

At least he wasn't a bully (and he finally fought back against his bully)

The "kid" lied and got his friend into trouble (his friend being implied to have been severely abused), then invented a "what if I was suddenly blind and you all felt sorry for me" sort of backstory to absolve himself of any blame. That's narcissistic behavior, even more than a kid would have. He wanted to have a BB gun for Christmas to shoot helpless animals with it - the first step to being a serial killer.

As for the bully? You mean the short kid, not the taller mentally-impaired kid? Nah, Ralphie went overboard, and he didn't even attack the actual bully, the short kid.

Now granted, a lot of shit is learned; like Faulk said, Ralphie's father was an even bigger piece of shit than Ralphie, so that's probably where he's getting it from. But that doesn't absolve Ralphie. Ralphie was an awful person, and he only loses the "biggest psychopath in a Christmas movie" award to Kevin from Home Alone.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@Memento don't get me started on Kevin's family. The mother forgetting him twice, Uncle Frank, the brother...

And just because you don't like a character it doesn't mean you have to hate the movie. You liked Charlie and the Chocolate factory despite Grandpa Joe being the laziest shit alive, right?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I despise Christmas movies. EXCEPT. For the original Santa Clause w/ Tim Allen.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Christmas Vacation

I make my whole squad watch it together with me every year at this time.

Tano

Legend
The "kid" lied and got his friend into trouble (his friend being implied to have been severely abused), then invented a "what if I was suddenly blind and you all felt sorry for me" sort of backstory to absolve himself of any blame. That's narcissistic behavior, even more than a kid would have. He wanted to have a BB gun for Christmas to shoot helpless animals with it - the first step to being a serial killer.

As for the bully? You mean the short kid, not the taller mentally-impaired kid? Nah, Ralphie went overboard, and he didn't even attack the actual bully, the short kid.

Now granted, a lot of shit is learned; like Faulk said, Ralphie's father was an even bigger piece of shit than Ralphie, so that's probably where he's getting it from. But that doesn't absolve Ralphie. Ralphie was an awful person, and he only loses the "biggest psychopath in a Christmas movie" award to Kevin from Home Alone.
The taller kid abused Ralphie just as much as the shorter kid. "Cry Baby Cry" - that's abuse if I ever heard it

He wanted a BB Gun to be like his hero in the movies/tv show - can't remember. I do not absolve him of shooting helpless animals with it but that was not his intention of getting the gun. He was just trying it out. But a kid will do what they do. I know of kids that shot helpless animals with BB guns when I was a kid and I do not believe they turned out to be serial killers. Now torturing animals is definitely on your way to being a serial killer. Ralphie did not have any intent on torturing an animal. And I bet if his mom saw him shooting animals, she would have told him how bad it was and I bet he would have stopped.

I will grant that saying he is blind is bad. He went too far on that point.

As to the lying and getting his friend in trouble, I will have to go back and watch that scene.