What Happens to La’el Collins Now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I just think there has to be something more to his involvement then what's being reported - otherwise wouldn't you think there would be more GM's / coaches all over this guy if the word out there was that he had no involvement?? Rex Ryan is making an early play it seems meeting with him last night.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Technically, the Rams don't have a RT and could offer him a starting TACKLE position which beats all hell out of a Guard position.

Plus... while Missouri has income tax (I think) and Florida doesn't, pretty sure the Rams are going to kick serious ass this season while Tampa is going to have stinky ass sat on their face this season...

He should consider that when choosing. Playing for a losing franchise makes a difference. Ask Steve Wisniewski...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/05/teams-cant-meet-with-lael-collins-yet/

Teams can’t meet with La’el Collins, yet
Posted by Mike Florio on May 5, 2015

collins.jpg
Getty Images

As the pursuit of LSU tackle La’El Collins commences, there’s a problem. The pursuit of him can’t commence yet, and least not in certain ways.

“Clubs are prohibited from visiting a player who was eligible for the 2015 Draft at his campus or residence if the player has withdrawn from school and final exams have yet to conclude at the school,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told PFT via email. “This includes drafted players, any undrafted players that have signed as free agents, and any undrafted players that have yet to sign.”

Collins has withdrawn from LSU, and final exams have not concluded there yet. (Finals are happening this week.) So teams can’t visit a player at his campus or residence.

There’s possibly a loophole in the rule, if for example Bills coach Rex Ryan met with Collins not on campus or at his residence but at a local Applebee’s. But that seems to be too easy of a fix to be permitted.

Regardless, LSU finals are scheduled to last until May 9. Until then, restrictions apply to the direct efforts to recruit Collins. Which would explain his agent’s recent statement that Collins won’t be meeting with any teams at this time.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
set up a meeting hes guaranteed a starting spot on this line. put him at right tackle and stick Saffold next to him. Then GRob and Havenstein on the other side. Now you got a line with some depth

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It works both ways. If the gm screws him around it will lead to hurt feelings which means the gm has not shot of keeping him when fa comes around. The gm's job is to keep the best players on the team for as less money as possible. Trying to sign him up long term after 2 seasons may be cheaper in the long run for the team.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
La'El Collins - T - Player
LSU G/T La'El Collins wants to sign with a team that will allow him to play tackle.

Collins is drawing heavy interest after going undrafted last weekend. The Baton Rouge Police should clear Collins' name in the murder of his ex-girlfriend shortly, allowing Collins to sign with a team. Playing tackle will help maximize his earnings on a second contract since he won't be getting paid much the first two years in the league. The Dolphins would seem to be longshots to land Collins with this news, since they already have LT Branden Albert and RT Ja'Wuan James.

Source: Barry Jackson on Twitter
May 6 - 2:26 PM

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
We need to get this guy in horns. I'm ok with him playing RT that gives us Havenstien as a buck up and the rest of the guys competing for the other guard spot.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I wonder what his market in Canada or arena would look like at this point. Probably more $$ than he can make under the CBA this year. But thats just a guess.

RamBill

Legend
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Coveted OL La'el Collins - most coveted undrafted free agent in NFL history I imagine - is making his 1st visit... Dallas Cowboys up first

…..

Legend
Prohibited from meeting until Friday, unless Jerry found a loop hole.

Really gotta wonder what it would take to sign him if no one can offer any more money than the next suitor. Hate to say it but if I were an owner, I'd find a way to rout 2 million bucks to the kid under the table.

Does anyone think this type of activity can happen?

…..

Legend
Maybe not.....what if she had told him he was the Father? He wouldn't have known he wasn't without the test.

Considered that....but Johnny Cochran can beat that from his grave as heresay unless there's record of that conversation happening. Obviously I am assuming Collins is being truthful when he says he has had no conact with the deceased since Septemeber 2014

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I realize we drafted 2 potential guards in Jamon Brown and Cody Wichmann, with 1 starter spot available. Almost seems likely Snisher reaches out to Collins' representatives, right? At least right now from a foggy dream standpoint it would kick major ass if we landed him! Hell if he competed with Havenstein that would be one hell of a camp battle.