What Eagles fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They're healthy too. This is gonna be a tough one.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which leaves another 19 rushes for 51 yards. 2.6 ypc. Stonewalled.

I hear what you're saying but the only rb that matters on that roster is Antonio Gibson. He ran 9 times for 36 yards. Barber, Mckissic, rubbish.

Maybe Love can compliment Gibson down the road.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Jim schwartz is a good DC. He'll be lined up over Noteboom more than Blythe. But yes Cox vs anyone on our interior is a huge mismatch.

Them getting miles Sanders back is so huge for them vs us. They'll be able to run the ball and have more balance. This will be a tough tough game for us IMO. We'll need to throw the ball down the field to win. Dink and dunk offense with mediocre running game won't get it done this week. We need to play our best football and I think this game will tell us a lot about this year's team.

What about the mismatch our D-line provides vs their banged up O-line? What about the mismatch our terrific secondary poses against their WRs? We know they are going to feed the tight ends so if we stop that, where are their points coming from?

We might only need to score 14 points to win this game.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Jim schwartz is a good DC. He'll be lined up over Noteboom more than Blythe. But yes Cox vs anyone on our interior is a huge mismatch.

Them getting miles Sanders back is so huge for them vs us. They'll be able to run the ball and have more balance. This will be a tough tough game for us IMO. We'll need to throw the ball down the field to win. Dink and dunk offense with mediocre running game won't get it done this week. We need to play our best football and I think this game will tell us a lot about this year's team.
I can really agree with this post. If a Team uses the same game plan has last week, O No.jmho.

MachS

Hall of Fame
What about the mismatch our D-line provides vs their banged up O-line? What about the mismatch our terrific secondary poses against their WRs? We know they are going to feed the tight ends so if we stop that, where are their points coming from?

We might only need to score 14 points to win this game.

14 points? Lol come on man. They have the best TE duo in the NFL and we have probably the worst starting LBs in the NFL. How are we going to shut down those TEs? Miles Sanders is very good, he had over 1,300 scrimmage yards as a rookie RB and will be back this week, and we're not too good against the run. Lane Johnson bk too. Raegor and DJax are legit WRs even though I agree our secondary is very good and we should have the edge there. My point is, it will be a very very tough game. More so than the Cowboys IMO.

Eagles imploded last week after leading 17-0 and are getting multiple starters back. This will be a dogfight. The biggest reason to me is Schwartz tho. He comes from the Belichek tree and there's a reason McVay hasn't beaten them yet as a Ram. I think it will be a very competitive, high scoring game. But again if McVay throws out the same gameplan as last week, short screens, flat passes,
etc. and nothing really down the field I think it will be tough to win. We need to be very aggressive in this game and get explosive plays in both the pass and run game. Wouldn't be surprised if Cam Akers had a day. I think a lot of people are sleeping on Philly b/c they're injured on the OL but their entire team is good.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
14 points? Lol come on man. They have the best TE duo in the NFL and we have probably the worst starting LBs in the NFL. How are we going to shut down those TEs? Miles Sanders is very good, he had over 1,300 scrimmage yards as a rookie RB and will be back this week, and we're not too good against the run. Lane Johnson bk too. Raegor and DJax are legit WRs even though I agree our secondary is very good and we should have the edge there. My point is, it will be a very very tough game. More so than the Cowboys IMO.

Eagles imploded last week after leading 17-0 and are getting multiple starters back. This will be a dogfight. The biggest reason to me is Schwartz tho. He comes from the Belichek tree and there's a reason McVay hasn't beaten them yet as a Ram. I think it will be a very competitive, high scoring game. But again if McVay throws out the same gameplan as last week, short screens, flat passes,
etc. and nothing really down the field I think it will be tough to win. We need to be very aggressive in this game and get explosive plays in both the pass and run game. Wouldn't be surprised if Cam Akers had a day. I think a lot of people are sleeping on Philly b/c they're injured on the OL but their entire team is good.

I have a lot of faith in the Rams to play a clean and disciplined games based off of what I saw last week. I have no faith in the eagles to do the same, again based off last week.

The multiple safety packages will be the fight vs the TEs, they arent going to be going up vs Kenny Young 1v1. At least I fucking hope they arent.

Our D is going to be lights out this year. The Eagles struggled with a one-dimensional D in Washington who had a great DL and nothing else. Our mix of great DL and great secondary is a bad matchup for them. Anything can happen obviously, I'm just saying I'm pretty confident this week.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They match up well against us, and their HC always plans well for McVay and co.

Fletcher Cox v Blythe/Noteboom :oops:
Their TEs v our LBs

Didn't the Eagles have four turnovers, and two failed 4th down conversions? They ain't gonna mess up against us like that. It will be a very competitive game, and 14 points will NOT win it for us :LOL:

It's all about getting the ground game going, and finishing drives on offense! Their D held the skins to 5 of 18 on 3rd down. Let's hope we have more success than that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Watch the Eagles/Skins game. The Eagles played better than the outcome.

For some reason, I’ve always liked the Eagles most in the NFCE... therefore tend to watch them a little closer...

You‘re right. The Eagles can get back on track and watched some of that game.

I have a friend who is a 20yr season ticket holder there, he told me yesterday they usually bounce back after something like last week.

But, I will say... he failed to accept my offer of friendly wager. :D

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
"[O]ur defense has the advantage outside where Robey-Coleman can take Kupp and Slay can take Woods."

Please say again, I don't think I heard you correctly.

"[O]ur defense has the advantage outside where Robey-Coleman can take Kupp and Slay can take Woods."

Oh, I see that I did hear you correctly. Take those rose colored glasses off, friend.

jap

Legend
We need ro send this thread weekly to the Rams players for comic relief and locker room motivation.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Philly fans are fuckin delusional at heart. They better pray they make it out with a QB on the roster. Our Offense is going to torch the..

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not normally particularly confident but I just cant see a scenario where we lose on Sunday. That was a complete game we played last week. Rams by 10.

Let me help you see that scenario.

Eagles are going to protect Wentz better - for three reasons: while we have AD, they have five talented DL - their pass rush is better than ours. Their getting back Lane Johnson, one of the best. Coming off that loss, they're going to play better.

They get a weapon back on offense.

Their defense is probably top 5 in the league.

I'm the opposite of you - I'm having a hard time envisioning us winning.

oldnotdead

Legend
The base offensive concept this year as evidenced by last week is Goff throwing quickly off his presnap reads. The offensive line is all about no quick penetration....hear that Blythe?

If the o-line appears to be holding up then they can take shots downfield as they did with Jefferson last week. But as long as the scoreboard is close a ball-control offense will win a lot of games. If the opposition is playing from behind a ball-control offense puts a lot of pressure on their offense to score every possession. That's when sacks and turnovers happen. That's where McCarthy went wrong last week. If he kicks that chip shot FG it's a whole different game. I understand why he didn't. He was trying to win the game right then and there.

The key this week is for the Rams to get a lead early and control the clock again. It's basically the same gameplan as last week. If the Rams RB can crack the front 7 which I think they can, they can have a big day. But in reality, if the RBs can run for 100 yds combined that should be enough.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
We beat a better team than the Eagles last week and the 20-17 scoreline was closer than it should have been. Remember that we were 2 for 5 in the redzone. The only way we lose this game is if we fall back from last weeks performance. If we play vs the Eagles as well as we played vs the Boys then the Eagles will need to be very good indeed to win the game. I guess I'm saying I have faith that we can repeat last week rather than regress any.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The path to victory for the Eagles is blowing up our OL. That's how you beat a McVay team. None of that misdirection is worth a shit if you have DL camped in the backfield. That matchup is the first key for me in this one.

Second key is how the Rams' defense keeps Wentz guessing. Carson's an excellent QB. He's gonna make some plays. But if they keep him on his heels and mix in some AD harassment I think we'll be in business.

I respect this Eagles team. They lost game one but watch that first half vs Washington and you see a good team. Definitely not overlooking them and IMO we need this win with a trip to Buffalo next.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think this game will see Rapp get a ton of snaps in place of the WILB. Rapp can man up quite well vs most TEs and help that run defense.

Peters at LT is a fat slob. The dude will need help vs a solid rusher. I don't know if we can take advantage but we'll see maybe one of our rotated blindside OLBs can eat him up. The other matchup I like is AD vs either of the Eagles OGs. Both are poor and will require consistent double help.

Raegor looks pretty good and gives them potential for explosive returns. Our punt returns I'm not too worried about but the kick returns... I prefer that our rookie kicker puts that ball out of the endzone.

Lastly the Dallas run game was far scarier to me than the Eagles run game because of the back. This looks like a win for us to me but I agree it'll be tough.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Was reading some Eagles sites yesterday, and somebody was saying Lane Johnson's issues have been chronic (high ankle issues, etc.), and they don't expect he'll ever be 100% again.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I think this game will see Rapp get a ton of snaps in place of the WILB. Rapp can man up quite well vs most TEs and help that run defense.

Peters at LT is a fat slob. The dude will need help vs a solid rusher. I don't know if we can take advantage but we'll see maybe one of our rotated blindside OLBs can eat him up. The other matchup I like is AD vs either of the Eagles OGs. Both are poor and will require consistent double help.

Raegor looks pretty good and gives them potential for explosive returns. Our punt returns I'm not too worried about but the kick returns... I prefer that our rookie kicker puts that ball out of the endzone.

Lastly the Dallas run game was far scarier to me than the Eagles run game because of the back. This looks like a win for us to me but I agree it'll be tough.

I thought I read that Lane Johnson would be slotted in at LT with Peters moving to LG.

Peters is a massive human being. He could likely generate a lot of push from the guard spot but I think AD would kill him with quickness and getting under his pads.