What changes do you make to turn around the Rams today?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Ramowl

Starter
I would focus on Stafford first actually. I think he is injured and he needs to heal, he's making very uncharacteristic shitty throws. If that takes benching him for two weeks, so be it, he's not helping us on the field right now, but maybe not playing him for a few weeks can get him healthier and ready for the end of the season. Let's have Perkins on the field a bit, I'm sure he can give teams fits for 2 or three weeks and we would stay competitive before he gets figured out, and then Stafford comes back for the final 2-3 games of regular season, we get momentum, enter playoffs healthy, and anything can happen.

I don't know shit about defense, but I don't understand how we're not doing better with the talent we have.

I don't think we can replace the DC at this point of the season, but I would get rid of the special teams coordinator.

TexasRam

Legend
1. Stafford coached up to get the ball out on time or throw the ball away. Ball security is #1.

2. Sony lead back.

3. Balance the play calls with the mcvay play action and rollouts.

4. Bring back some end arounds bubble screens and some wide zone running. Stretch the defense horizontally.

5. Reeder and Rapp benched.

6. Man up the WR’s with Ramsey and Williams. Zone can be mixed in sparingly. NOT on third and short.

7. Come up with a middle feild solution. Might use DD as nickel and Rochelle or Burgess as a floater while having Fuller single high.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like a few of these.. on the special teams note.. my thought was cut Koski. Nice kid, great.. don't fumble. Take care.

I'd like to see them activate Perkins and have a small package of plays for him.. pass and run... so that when he's in it's not a tell. Do enough that this could actually be an alternative in short yardage situations.

I'm not sure the answer's on defense.. other than make your plays. Tackle guys. Beat your man once in a while.

You want a wild change on D? Go to one high with Ramsey playing it. Have Rochelle and Williams play tighter.. drop Fuller closer to the line.. have Rapp and Jones at the ILB spots.
I know.. batshit... but, hey.. trying to be a little creative with what they have.

I like all of this, cut Koski & replace him with PS Player Brandon Powell, who has experience returning both punts & kick offs at the NFL level. The first time I watched Koski return a punt, I could tell it didn't look natural for him. Powell brings experience at the NFL & collegiate level, just make the change.

I think they are planning on Hollins replacing Reeder, but somebody needs to replace him and I like Rapp at ILB and Burgess as an actual cover safety. I don't understand why Burgess can't get on the field. Like the idea of Perkins just to change things up and I would add some packages with Buddy Howell in the backfield. Howell is a bigger back and might offer some diversion as well.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
1. Stop the empty backfield on offense. Stafford is getting killed on these plays and is not performing well under pressure.

2. Improve run/pass balance.

3. Run jet sweeps to VJ and OBJ.

4. No more 10 yd cushions, more man to man defense

5. Jalen on #1 WR

6. Sub Rapp out on 3rd and long plays. He's only effective within 5-8 yards of scrimmage.

7. Have OBJ return punts and Michel on KO.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
I'm more than happy to let Morris find another team after this season, but who replaces him at this point?
Maybe John Hecokc (His name is funny lol) but he turned around Iowa State's defense and has had them playing really well the last couple of years

He runs a 3-3-5 scheme

Ellard80

Legend
1. Find someone who can fucking return kicks.. and not a bunch of unproven nobodies.
2. Be more versatile on defense - mix up blitzes and man.
3. Use Michel on short yardage.
4. vary personnel packages more.

REV3NGE

Rookie
Name
Adrian
I’d use Rapp as a LB along with the rookie mlb on nickel and Dime formations... and stop playing so much freakin Zone. There is no reason Ramsey should be any where further than 5 yards from their BEST WR Even in zone! It’s so stupid to have Ramsey on the other side of the field as Debo and Kittle.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
D help is coming. Rams designate Justin Hollins for return. He can join practice starting today. Rams have 21 days to activate him.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I think it's to late in the season to fire Morris maybe it would be a spark maybe it would lead to total defeat depends how much the players believe in his defense.

That said I would hope mcvay would challenge him. He talks a lot about how lafleur challenged him well maybe as the head coach he should challenge Morris. Maybe let O'Connell call jags game and he can work with Morris unless they in sync then we sunk!!!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
ANYONE. Literally. Our freaking LB coach...
Yes, It would be difficult to believe our defense could underperform any more under someone else.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I couldn't disagree with that first statement more.

This roster is a 3-4 roster. If anything, we need someone to come in and actually RUN a 3-4. Sure, use hybrid concepts. Fine.

But Morris is running a 4-3 hybrid OF the Staley 4-3 hybrid and it's beyond garbage. There is NOTHING about this D which says "attack". It's maybe the most passive defensive scheme I've EVER seen the Rams play. I don't even know... I can't wrap my head around WHY Morris thinks that you can beat playoff teams with a "we'll just wait for them to make a mistake"... And if they don't?

NO answer.

If anything, a down 3 of A'Shawn Robinson, Gaines and AD with Miller and Floyd as OLBs is a VERY good front. Why the F we are running this super shitty 2-3-1-5 which amounts to a 4-1-1-5 is BEYOND me. It's not a viable NFL defensive scheme.

Also, the easy answer to WHY we don't and can't run a 4-3 is that we don't have the Mike for that. You simply cannot run a 4-3 without a very solid to exceptional Mike. Every good 4-3 going back to the old NFL had a solid to exceptional Mike. WE don't have that... although I think Earnest Jones could be that... he's better as an ILB in a 3-4.

I'll stop, but yeah... the 4-3 hybrid Morris is running it terrible and moving further to a base 4-3 would only make it worse as it would put MORE pressure and responsibilities on Reeder.

Not sure how could possibly work.

Maybe Morris thinks he's coaching soccer? :D

TexasRam

Legend
I would focus on Stafford first actually. I think he is injured and he needs to heal, he's making very uncharacteristic shitty throws. If that takes benching him for two weeks, so be it, he's not helping us on the field right now, but maybe not playing him for a few weeks can get him healthier and ready for the end of the season. Let's have Perkins on the field a bit, I'm sure he can give teams fits for 2 or three weeks and we would stay competitive before he gets figured out, and then Stafford comes back for the final 2-3 games of regular season, we get momentum, enter playoffs healthy, and anything can happen.

I don't know shit about defense, but I don't understand how we're not doing better with the talent we have.

I don't think we can replace the DC at this point of the season, but I would get rid of the special teams coordinator.

Stafford is not hurt. Not sure who started this fake news but it's becoming a little silly.

QB's have bad games. Especially against good defenses. He hasn't been helped by some key drops as well.

For anyone that doubts Staffords health, go listen to his presser below. He mentions he is not playing hurt and references the fact that he wasn't on the injury report for weeks, for those that want to keep riding this hurt narrative.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
1) We will be in the playoffs
2) challenge the players to win their 1 on 1 battles more often than they have been
3) Simplify the defense to help out with the times players just look confused or out of position
4) Try Jones or find a creative way to help Reeder out. I would like to see Reeder at least spelled at times
Leave Rapp in the Box or sub him out, he does OK in the box but with him and Reeder together we are swiss cheese
5) Figure out how to keep the offense on the field, less mistakes, Protect the ball and the QB help him get in a rhythm,
We need to find a way to help the passing game with better protection and quicker developing routes like teams do to us.
6) Back to basics, run to set up the pass, take what they give you on O.

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend

I think the talent of our team is a mirage - we have some big names that overshadow reality.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After giving this some serious thought, I have come to the conclusion on how to turn the Rams around in 5 steps
1) Put right foot in
2) Put right foot out
3) Put right foot in
4) And shake it all about
5) Do the hokey pokey
And that will turn themselves around
That's what its all about

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Offense;
Go back to play action and scheming the offense. Stafford needs to regain his confidence, so give him easy throw and catch. We miss Robert Woods terribly and OBJ does not fill his shoes. We need a more balanced attack. Also, quit going for it on 4th down when we DON'T have a big, burley RB to get that one yard. That turnover, which is what I call missing on 4th down on your OWN 35 yard line, drives me crazy! McVay needs to stop his Martz-ian tendencies. Quit acting like you are the smartest guy in the room and start doing a more sustainable job for the playoffs.

Defense;
Fire Morris, NOW. Rehire Wade Phillips and let him formulate a tougher defense. And STOP the freakin STAR bullshyte! If this costs us a playoff spot, then so be it. Our defensive scheme is garbage and won't take us beyond a the first Wild Card game, imo. Wade would make this underachieving unit, better I think....