What changes do you make to turn around the Rams today?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Me I am benching Reeder he is an absolute liability

I am firing Morris - should have been gone before bye - he has no ability to adjust. He puts his players in bad positions and is too soft and too predictable. Watch a Belichick Defense they are always moving around hugging the LOS and you never know who is coming.

I am firing DeCamilla he puts Koski in why. Fake FG why when we have 8 yards to go and no time on the clock just dumb. No returns this year we have a punter who has declined in yardage not to mention shanks.

McVay needs to be way more deciplined immediately with his players he is so young he he is trying to bro with them instead of run the team hence all the stupid penalties, bad tackling, poor run d, not making adjustments before the bye. Thinking OBJ and Miller would right the ship is fools gold when it is clear there are way bigger issues.

To do nothing and think we are going to right the ship is ridiculous the problems aren't going away.

What would you do today?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't believe the Rams can do much other for the remainder of this season, so they'll ride it out. Teams in play-off positions don't usually make wholesale changes, regardless of how fans may disapprove. We might yet get to the 2021 play-offs, ... I'll concentrate more on where we might improve for 2022. jmo.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Well,

I watched some highlights of the last two games and from memory on the rest of the season and I see this, (as others have been talking about for awhile):

We are playing soft in the middle in order to not allow deep strikes.........but they are happening anyways and more importantly, teams are killing us with 7 to 8 minute drives with short/quick passes in the backfield and middle. Add in successful run games against our Defense and we have what we see.

So.....................

If the Rams have Von now + AD + Ramsey + Floyd, why aren't they shifting to a defense that covers the middle and run game and look to AD, Von, and Floyd to pressure the opposing offense so they have less time. Add in Ramsey to cover a great WR = it should be successful.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I find it hard to believe he's trying to be too friendly with them, unless something has changed drastically from the way he ran the team the first few years here. When he was first hired players talked about how strict he was in comparison to Fisher. There were fines for being late to meetings. I just don't think he would see that and the success he had while doing it, and then abandon it and turn the team to crap.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I find it hard to believe he's trying to be too friendly with them, unless something has changed drastically from the way he ran the team the first few years here. When he was first hired players talked about how strict he was in comparison to Fisher. There were fines for being late to meetings. I just don't think he would see that and the success he had while doing it, and then abandon it and turn the team to crap.
I am no there it is just speculation based on interviews. He feels he gives them the fundamentals and coaching and he expects them to do the rest.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Offense:

1. Michel is the starter. He gets the early nod and 60% or more of the snaps in any game if he's up. Early in the game in particular he's the guy.

2. Keep the run/pass balanced. Doesn't matter the score, if the defense gives up an early TD there is no reason to press. Patient approach with balance will help this unit get back on track.

3. Practice more physical. Get these lines ready for the physicality ahead on this sched so they can get back to basics with said run game, it will help both sides of the ball.

Defense:

1. Mix Juju Hughes in at safety opposite Fuller at a 50% or so rate. We need better play vs the pass from those safety spots. If he sucks then move his ass back to the bench but I'd give him a look of a few games and see how he does.

2. Bench Reeder. Move Jones to his spot. Move Rapp to Jones' spot. Jones and Rapp can be good for us I think as a duo, certainly better than what we've had. Not an experiment, I'd play that combo the rest of the way and let them settle in.

3. Let Morris run what he wants and feels comfortable running. I think that's already sort of happening but haven't been nuking the all 22 so not sure exactly what we've been doing on the back end. You hired him McVay, so let him finish and see what he can do. We're not gonna get big return on a DC change midseason just ride it out.

Special Teams:

1. Sign a fucking returner. There has to be a returner somewhere. Go find one. Jesus fuck.

2. Replace a couple of your worst shitters on teams, the guys who are losing lane discipline and loafing. Make examples of them and bring in fresh blood until you find good production.

dang

Legend
I hate to admit defeat but I’m prepared for only 2 more wins. Anything more is icing on the cake. With that said it’s time to prepare for next year. See what you got and please please admit some players have got to go and go ahead and pull them now.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Offense:

1. Michel is the starter. He gets the early nod and 60% or more of the snaps in any game if he's up. Early in the game in particular he's the guy.

2. Keep the run/pass balanced. Doesn't matter the score, if the defense gives up an early TD there is no reason to press. Patient approach with balance will help this unit get back on track.

3. Practice more physical. Get these lines ready for the physicality ahead on this sched so they can get back to basics with said run game, it will help both sides of the ball.

Defense:

1. Mix Juju Hughes in at safety opposite Fuller at a 50% or so rate. We need better play vs the pass from those safety spots. If he sucks then move his ass back to the bench but I'd give him a look of a few games and see how he does.

2. Bench Reeder. Move Jones to his spot. Move Rapp to Jones' spot. Jones and Rapp can be good for us I think as a duo, certainly better than what we've had. Not an experiment, I'd play that combo the rest of the way and let them settle in.

3. Let Morris run what he wants and feels comfortable running. I think that's already sort of happening but haven't been nuking the all 22 so not sure exactly what we've been doing on the back end. You hired him McVay, so let him finish and see what he can do. We're not gonna get big return on a DC change midseason just ride it out.

Special Teams:

1. Sign a fucking returner. There has to be a returner somewhere. Go find one. Jesus fuck.

2. Replace a couple of your worst shitters on teams, the guys who are losing lane discipline and loafing. Make examples of them and bring in fresh blood until you find good production.
I like a few of these.. on the special teams note.. my thought was cut Koski. Nice kid, great.. don't fumble. Take care.

I'd like to see them activate Perkins and have a small package of plays for him.. pass and run... so that when he's in it's not a tell. Do enough that this could actually be an alternative in short yardage situations.

I'm not sure the answer's on defense.. other than make your plays. Tackle guys. Beat your man once in a while.

You want a wild change on D? Go to one high with Ramsey playing it. Have Rochelle and Williams play tighter.. drop Fuller closer to the line.. have Rapp and Jones at the ILB spots.
I know.. batshit... but, hey.. trying to be a little creative with what they have.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Offense:

Defense:

Special Teams:

Agree with everything except #3 on defense ... I think Morris is already doing that, and that's what's hurting our D. It's his whole, passive, play on your heels not on your toes approach that he's comfortable with but is negating the strength of guys like DWill ... all the while moving Jalen around instead of just doing the obvious and sticking him on the opponents best receiver and taking him away (which is one of the few timeless principles on defense in an otherwise ever-changing landscape).

Rams77

Starter
Just come out and run the fucking ball 10-15 straight times to open the game. Hammer it up the middle. Counter. Dive. Sweep. Trap. 10-15 straight times. No matter if we are ahead or trailing or tied. Just let the MF’n Oline maul the DLine and establish dominance. Do this every game. Then mix in some play action.Then on defense play more Man coverage and press receivers. Put 8 or 9 in the box and unleash hell. Im sick of bend and break. Put fear in the oppositions eyes and play physical. On special teams I would at least avoid penalties on returns and kicks. Also just dont fumble-I dont think theres much else you can do this late in the year. Hekker is done

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If the Rams got if very wrong with this current roster, it’s hard to overstate the potential impacts to the franchise, especially from a business perspective.
If they dump, and the Chargers build well around Herbert… and USC shoots back to the top 5 regularly.. they could be an afterthought.

Let’s hope they didn’t.. because I hated the decade before McVay.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
I feel our guys are better as a 4-3 unit rather than a 3-4.

Sign a real center and some guys who can hold the line., because our unit isn't doing that..

Also I would go looking for DB, our 5 foot nothing DB are not a strength. Don't know what all their hype is but they suck.

Ramsey is good. Deacon sucks, Williams is not that great IMO, ..and also get rid of Reeder.

Put Jamil Jones in to start, see where that goes maybe..

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Our FG unit is fine. Thank God for Matt Gay. Hekker is a good holder.

The return units suck. Koski needs to file for unemployment. We need a legitimate punt returner. Michel is ok as a kickoff returner.

The defense has talent but the weakest link is very weak. I would still play man to man and take my chances because our pass rush is capable of forcing bad decisions.

I would bring back the play action to the offense and use OBJ as the wide receiver sweep.

I would also have Stafford take what the defense gives and get those 5 to 7 yard gains. The whiners and packers did the morale sucking 15 play_+ drives against us resulting in TDs. We need to do the same if the defense allows it.

Then we need to have McVay manage the game to reduce the risk of turnovers.

Nobody can tell me we lose the last 3 games if we're not minus 2 in turnovers in each of those games.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, I don't know.. How about maybe not going for it on 4th down on your own 30 yard, line, unless you got Jerome Freakin Bettis running the ball? Since we don't have anybody like that, PUNT THE FREAKIN BALL!

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
If the Rams got if very wrong with this current roster, it’s hard to overstate the potential impacts to the franchise, especially from a business perspective.
If they dump, and the Chargers build well around Herbert… and USC shoots back to the top 5 regularly.. they could be an afterthought.

Let’s hope they didn’t.. because I hated the decade before McVay.
The collapse this year has been tough, but I'm still stubbornly optimistic that Rams will have winning seasons for the foreseeable future.

IMHO what they lose in premium draft picks is offset by finally clearing most of the dead money off the books. 39M in dead cap $ for 2021, that's insane, no wonder their lack of depth is being exposed after a rash of injuries.

Some better coaches, a considerable stockpile of talent, a better cap situation, and a bazillionaire owner willing to spend... IMHO Rams will be just fine next year.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I think the best thing we can do is bench Stafford, put him in bubble wrap and wait till next year.

Wolford will get us to the Wild Card.

Also, we should bench AD.

Basically, we should throw in the towel this season.

We'll be healthier next year, we'll have more cap space to fill out the roster and - most importantly - Tutu will be ready.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I think the best thing we can do is bench Stafford, put him in bubble wrap and wait till next year.

We'll be healthier next year, we'll have more cap space to fill out the roster and - most importantly - Tutu will be ready.

Blue font! Where's that blasted blue font?!?
Oh well I guess I'll just have to post without it

~ArkyRamsFan~

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The collapse this year has been tough, but I'm still stubbornly optimistic that Rams will have winning seasons for the foreseeable future.

IMHO what they lose in premium draft picks is offset by finally clearing most of the dead money off the books. 39M in dead cap $ for 2021, that's insane, no wonder their lack of depth is being exposed after a rash of injuries.

Some better coaches, a considerable stockpile of talent, a better cap situation, and a bazillionaire owner willing to spend... IMHO Rams will be just fine next year.
But so much of next year's cap is already accounted for. There's not much real savings and they don't have a lot of ways to add new talent.

We can hope.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alot of good ideas here

At the end of the day I think we all agree changes need to happen.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I feel our guys are better as a 4-3 unit rather than a 3-4.

Sign a real center and some guys who can hold the line., because our unit isn't doing that..

Also I would go looking for DB, our 5 foot nothing DB are not a strength. Don't know what all their hype is but they suck.

Ramsey is good. Deacon sucks, Williams is not that great IMO, ..and also get rid of Reeder.

Put Jamil Jones in to start, see where that goes maybe..

I couldn't disagree with that first statement more.

This roster is a 3-4 roster. If anything, we need someone to come in and actually RUN a 3-4. Sure, use hybrid concepts. Fine.

But Morris is running a 4-3 hybrid OF the Staley 4-3 hybrid and it's beyond garbage. There is NOTHING about this D which says "attack". It's maybe the most passive defensive scheme I've EVER seen the Rams play. I don't even know... I can't wrap my head around WHY Morris thinks that you can beat playoff teams with a "we'll just wait for them to make a mistake"... And if they don't?

NO answer.

If anything, a down 3 of A'Shawn Robinson, Gaines and AD with Miller and Floyd as OLBs is a VERY good front. Why the F we are running this super shitty 2-3-1-5 which amounts to a 4-1-1-5 is BEYOND me. It's not a viable NFL defensive scheme.

Also, the easy answer to WHY we don't and can't run a 4-3 is that we don't have the Mike for that. You simply cannot run a 4-3 without a very solid to exceptional Mike. Every good 4-3 going back to the old NFL had a solid to exceptional Mike. WE don't have that... although I think Earnest Jones could be that... he's better as an ILB in a 3-4.

I'll stop, but yeah... the 4-3 hybrid Morris is running it terrible and moving further to a base 4-3 would only make it worse as it would put MORE pressure and responsibilities on Reeder.

Not sure how could possibly work.