What changes do you make to turn around the Rams today?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Improve the running game:

Start Michel as Akers replacement

Use Henderson as he was intended, as a change of pace guy

Start including Howell for a few touches to get him to a point where he could be trusted on short yardage situations.

Passing game:

Coach as if you are coaching Goff. Use play action, roll outs etc.. take pressure off the OL.

Get Higbee involved in the passing game.

Use the backs in the flats and screen game

Defense:

Ramsey on the other teams top WR more often.

Less zone pass D

Reeder only sees the field in short yardage

Special Teams

Give Javian Hawkins a shot at KR... Koski still likely needed on PR.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Michel came in the game against the Packers and we went right down the field and scored and then was never seen again.. McVay needs to #1 stick with the run game and #2 feed the hot hand

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Stop being so predictable running the ball on first down so consistently.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Find a way to consistently get 5 yards on first down. Do that and it keeps the defense guessing. Makes 3rd downs more manageable. And its easier to keep moving the chains and hold the ball longer. They can still take their shots downfield. But do something to give the defense less time on the field. This is not last year's defense.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Still beating the same dead horse.

Sign FB/TE Ben Mason off the Patriots practice squad, physical up, run the damn ball and increase play action (And not just for deep passes). C'mon new OLine coach and OLinemen. Get into McVay's ear!!! If you don't have an TE that can block use a backup OT sometimes.

Have Ramsey lock down the opposing teams top target on most plays and let Burgess play in the slot.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Stop going for it on 4th down in the first half in a tie game on your own side of the field may help. :angry4:

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Morris should put his ego in his desk and go back to Stayley's defense.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Back to Basics.

Run more, balance out the offensive game-plan. Take care of the football. Don't be afraid of 10-play drives.

Put Jalen Ramsey on WR1, play more press and for the love of God, quit lining up 8-yards deep on 3rd-and-3.

Last edited:

KJD_Ram

Rookie
The first time I watched Koski return a punt, I could tell it didn't look natural for him.
He did it Cal Poly SLO but this is the NFL and you're correct, he didn't exactly have the "No Fear" mentality needed...I'd grab a guy like Brendon Covey from UTAH just for that...in fact he's stated that's what he sees as his ticket to the NFL...He'll be playing tonight in the PATTY (Pac-12 Championship)....Go Ducks...

dang

Legend
Improve the running game:

Start Michel as Akers replacement

Use Henderson as he was intended, as a change of pace guy

Start including Howell for a few touches to get him to a point where he could be trusted on short yardage situations.

Passing game:

Coach as if you are coaching Goff. Use play action, roll outs etc.. take pressure off the OL.

Get Higbee involved in the passing game.

Use the backs in the flats and screen game

Defense:

Ramsey on the other teams top WR more often.

Less zone pass D

Reeder only sees the field in short yardage

Special Teams

Give Javian Hawkins a shot at KR... Koski still likely needed on PR.
I approve of all of this with one add:
Figure out a way to overload the pass rush on passing down and freakin put some QB ass in the grass!!! With AD, Floyd, Miller and Oko, Hollins we have the horses to make some noise. It’s disgraceful how little pressure we’ve put on QBs the last 3 games. So get burned once a game and give up a long TD but stop the damn death by thousands cuts that offenses are putting on the Rams defense. Also I want shut the Rodgers, Brady, Murray media ass licking down!!! The NFL is getting softer by the minute but for a team like the Rams it’s time to test their appetite for playing hard nosed football. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. Whose with me? Lettttssss Gooooooooo!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I would wait until the end of the year to fire Morris.

DeCamillis, on the other hand, deserves to be fired right fucking now. There is absolutely no excuse for special teams to be this bad.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I would wait until the end of the year to fire Morris.

DeCamillis, on the other hand, deserves to be fired right fucking now. There is absolutely no excuse for special teams to be this bad.

Outside of McVay, I'm not sure there's another coach on this roster that I would fight to keep. They could all walk and I wouldn't care.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Outside of McVay, I'm not sure there's another coach on this roster that I would fight to keep. They could all walk and I wouldn't care.
McVay is for his guys and so refuses to stand in the way of guys moving on even after just one season.

But his team is suffering b/c of it.

Quit with the Mr. Nice Guy...if it takes not hiring guys unless they agree to stay for 2-3 years, so be it. Do what's best for the team. Continuity matters.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He did it Cal Poly SLO but this is the NFL and you're correct, he didn't exactly have the "No Fear" mentality needed...I'd grab a guy like Brendon Covey from UTAH just for that...in fact he's stated that's what he sees as his ticket to the NFL...He'll be playing tonight in the PATTY (Pac-12 Championship)....Go Ducks...
I agree with all of this with the exception of "Go Ducks." Go Utes!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Given the problems keeping healthy RB's ... sign about 27 of them to the practice squad.

Crazy-Legs

UDFA
Name
Crazy-Legs
#1. Tell Morris that he needs to adjust his scheme so that Ramsey is always on the best receiver. Watching GB bump him off Adams and then to watch Adams catch a 30 yard pass should be enough for McVay to tell Morris he never want to see that happen again. If it's not said we have bigger issues than just Morris and a piss poor scheme...

#2. Run the freaking ball. Don't panic when you're down 7 points. Keep the O balanced...

#3. On D we need to stop playing so soft. Against SF we should of had all 11 defenders within 6 yards of the LOS (same against Tennessee). Even the announcers knew the Whiners wanted to run it 45 times. Us not so much even though that's what they've done to us 5 games in a row. Does McVay talk to Morris about the game plan? Do they not adjust their D for the opponent? I don't think they do. We'll see when we play SF again...

#4. Stop having so many empty backfields. If it' 3rd and 10 or more fine otherwise freaking stop it. And stop calling so many freaking plays that take a long time to develop. Roll the QB once in awhile to open some receiving lanes up. Something then the same game plan game after game. McVay isn't keeping the D honest. He's playing right into their hands more than not...

I could keep going but I think you all get the point...

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Maybe find a way to improve on being ranked 29th in time of possession (and you wonder why the D has not been as dominant)

The Rams are literally only above Houston, Jax and Seattle in time of possession

That’s kind of a big deal