What Broncos Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131622

[Chiefs fan]
You know I hate the Broncos....but you are winning this game outright. Same gameplan you used VS. KC. Difference is Goff can't escape like Mahomes, and he CAN NOT throw like Mahomes from any platform. Rams D isn't the big bad immovable object the pundits tell you it is...they can be had....going to be cold on top of that. ....This is exactly the kind of home game the Broncos will win, to save the coach and QB's job...for now....dragging things out further..but ....seriously...wrong team favored. Free Money. Broncos plus the points with the home dog to win outright. Come on Broncos fans....have some faith!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[Rams fan]
You’re delusional bro. Absolutely agree that Goff can’t escape like Mahomes, but the whole “can not throw like Mahomes from any platform” is probably the most biased statement I’ve read on any forum this season. Did you know... Goff has the highest passer rating when throwing into tight windows? Did you know that Goff has thrown in tight windows more than any QB so far? Apparently not.

Sure, our defense hasn’t been as stout as predicted, but when you have a 70% Marcus Peters, no Talib, and no Barron, the lack of production and execution takes a hit. I will tell you this my friend... your team has zero defense and everyone knows it.

Please take the bet and lose your money.

This Bronco squad should absolutely take pride, because they do a lot of things well, just nothing great. They all know Keenum is a stop gap QB... as do we outsiders.
I think the weather will favor us. High of 28 with 1-3 inches of snow. Put the game in Lindsey’s, Freeman’s, and Janovich’s hand. Mix it up a lot between the 3 in all directions, occasional play action and screens, and put together long time consuming drives, keep their offense of the field. We need to be patient and let the pounding, altitude and cold take its toll on this SoCal group.
[Chiefs fan]
It means the position he is in when throwing the ball. The “platform” Goff needs to be in to make a good accurate throw is standing up and set in the pocket. He doesn’t make good throws from other platforms, like while running left or right without getting set. Mahomes makes strong accurate throws from any platform, Wich was critical to the Chiefs winning our game at Denver because the Broncos did a really good job of pressuring Mahomes. He had to make a lot of throws on the run. If they get that kind of pressure on Goff, you are are in deep **** because Goff can’t throw well in that situation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I’m going to go hiking on Sunday instead. I have never missed a bronco game on purpose in my life. It’s a strange feeling but I’m kind of liberated.
totally agree with this. run the ball all day long and keep the rams offense off the field. throw in a bomb against peters every once in a while because he's been getting burned.
It's bizarre to me we have a Rams fan and a Chiefs fan arguing on a Broncos board. I will never, for the life of me, understand why opposing fans come by here.
i've seen 2 rams games and watch all their highlights for fantasy. goff can absolutely throw on the run and they use a lot of designed rollouts. i forget which game it was but goff got chased from the pocket and hit the streaking kupp in stride for a nice td. goff can't do a left handed favre-esque throw like mahomes but he looks like the real deal. screw the chiefs btw.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

View: https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1050514940270862337

He should have just said "I felt like we threw at times when we should’ve ran" and left it at that. Less passing. They have success on most runs, and passing the ball disrupts the offense. At this point, pass when needed. That's pretty much what the Vikings did with Keenum. They went run heavy. The Broncos are among the league leaders in most of the meaning rushing stats, and near the bottom in all of the passing stats, but they continue to pass the ball. It just makes no sense. I don't get these play callers. It's not just Musgrave. McCoy and Kubiak went pass heavy when they had Siemian.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums...ice-press-conference-notes-week-6-(Rams-week)

Rams are gonna be stunned by the winter weather. Broncos play them tough, perhaps squeak out a win. I’ll be watching on Redzone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In that case, you’ll probably get to see the majority of the game. The Rams are gonna live in our Redzone...
With the worthless punter we have? They might start the majority of their drives in our redzone.
I agree. We gon win. The NFL is funny
Mike Klis @MikeKlis
Broncos practicing outside in snow and cold. Toughen em up! #9sports

Troy Renck @TroyRenck
#Broncos Tramaine Brock practicing. Was told he was not completely healthy last week. He could take snaps from Roby... Or could guard outside receiver, leaving Roby more in slot or as nickel corner. #Denver7

Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran
#Broncos practice (no pads) amid snow flurries: Not spotted were S Darian Stewart, CB Adam Jones (hamstring) and RT Jared Veldheer (knee).

Also, RB Jeremy McNichols signs with practice squad and was out there.

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
Garett Bolles (ankle) is at practice.
How short a leash is Keenum going to be on at this point? Joseph seems to be very stubborn, but if Keenum has another bad half, they really need to see if (Chad)Kelly can give them a spark.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Both Keenum and the defense would have to play out of their mind this week to get a win. But that wont happen so just wishful thinking. Lol
I don't think the Rams are the team to throw Kelly into the fire against. Then I don't think they'd start him on a short week, so I'm thinking the KC game in week 8 is probably the earliest we'd see him.
I feel like Wade will be out for blood this game, so I'd rather let Keesum take that beating then see what Kelly has.
Surely you don't really believe that starting a QB against the best team in the NFL and an all world defensive line is a "perfect time" to insert the guy.
Yea, i wouldnt expect Kelly to pull a rabbit out of his ass against the Rams. Maybe vs the Cardinals but i still dont think there will be a switch until we are out of playoff contention.
Troy Renck @TroyRenck
#Broncos Stewart has foot issue. Did not participate #Denver7

Vance Joseph said Bradley Roby’s situation has been “handled internally.” Was asked if he would face discipline. Joseph said it was more about communication.

Vance Joseph said Joe Woods will continue to call defensive. plays. “He’s the coordinator.”

Kyle Fredrickson @kylefredrickson
On Bradley Roby: “Roby didn’t play his best ... we’ll get him back to playing good football.”

Vance Joseph said they’ll try to get Von Miller more one-on-ones. Said the big-time players have to play well in big games like Sunday “and Von understands that.”
So more meaningless platitudes... "We didn't play our best, we'll play better." "He's the coordinator"....

Every word out of that man's mouth is just meaningless. "We gotta play better, we gotta coach better" Great, what's the plan? Because two years now and you haven't figured out how to do either thing, so what are you going to do Mr Wizard? How are you going to coach better? What steps are you taking to get the players to play better... All we keep hearing is meaningless blah blah blah with no substance behind it.
Apparently 2-3 inches of snow are in the forecast for this game. Snow games are always fun.
Defensive Coordinator Joe Woods explains what went wrong against the Jets and how the Broncos can rebound against the Rams on Sunday.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...n-dc-joe-woods

#LARvsDEN: OC Bill Musgrave

Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave talks about how he can change the play calling to help find the offense find its groove.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...-bill-musgrave

Joseph: 'Wade [Phillips] is my football father'

Head Coach Vance Joseph talks about facing Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, who previously had separate stints coaching in Denver.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...ootball-father
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our only saving grace is if we run the living daylights out of the ball and get some deep play action with Keenum outside the pocket to the TE and WR's, play possession, and keep the ball away from the rams. That's how you win. oh and maybe tackle and play defense would help too.
Keenum is at his best out of the pocket and on play action. Vikings used it about 30% of the time last year, most in the league I believe. We’re using at like 17% of the time this year.

I have a lot of problems with Keenum, mostly from a team management standpoint, but since we have him, shouldn’t we try to play to his strengths?
The line is still servicable and Keenum still has caused many sacks and makes the line worse, not better. Limited weak armed QB's who hold onto the ball too long (Keenum) and get happy feet (TS did both) make lines worse and worse. A couple holding calls on Bolles were a result of him trying to keep Keenum up.

It's mind boogling how people watch this line and think it's the worst in the league - I'm guessing it's because they're not watching other games and seeing the rest of the leagues sans the high profile games with elite lines and elite QB's and schemes? It's possible to have a bad line and a bad QB, and it's possible a bad QB makes the line worse. At least Bolles has a potential spot at RT - Keenum is barely in the league as a backup unless you're JFE.
We need to get a real LT and move Bolles to RT.
(Jared)Veldheer...the worst replacement for Talib I've ever seen.
Veldheer is the worst cover corner in the league, maybe in the world.
Who will play more games this season? Talib or Veldheer?
Talib - and he was playing at a high level before he was hurt. I didn't like the move when we made it then, and I especially don't like it now. Mirrors my feelings on our joyous signing of Keenum.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Talib is out until week 13 at best. So, best case scenario, he plays 8 games this season. How much would he really be helping us right now?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
He would have been on the field and providing leadership to a team that desperately needs some. Veldheer might be back in a few weeks, but he will be hobbled and he was only playing okay before. He won't be effective on the field. We got rid of a strength of the team and replaced that strength with bandaids at RT. Last week the entire point of the Jets scheme was to make our corners tackle, and they couldn't. Talib was sorely missed in that game.

Veldheer was only the right move if he could stay on the field, he offers nothing to us off the field, unlike Talib. It was questionable then and it sucks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All speculation. One of the reasons for getting rid of Talib was his age...which he started to show last year and looks like he is showing even more this year. But yes...the Talib of 2 or 3 or 4 years ago will be missed. The Talib of this year or last year is not.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, it's speculation to assume he'd have been hurt here, too. And he wasn't showing his age this season - there was a stat how before he got hut he had given up less than one hundred yards on the year. After week two he had given up less than twenty.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Coach Vance Joseph updates the injury status of several players.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...ad-of-larvsden
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In case anyone thought we’d catch a break, both Cooks and Cupp practiced in full, meaning they’re through concussion protocol and will play on Sunday
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See, I see all of this as great news for us! Let me explain:

1. We start Garcia at G, knowing full well how badly he sucks ass in pass pro. We all know this. We all do. So do the coaches which is why he lost his job to start this season. This is great news because Suh or Darnold or both, are likely going to hurt Keenum. (Not badly) Case will have to sit out a series or two, maybe a week or two and Kelly gets to play. This is the way the coaching staff gets to save face by starting chad but not benching keenum.

2. We get the rams at full strength so when the bend us over like Buff will to the surgeon the beat down will be so so bad that they will fire Woods and VJ.

We rejoice as we get another years worth of early round picks, which if we can draft like we did this year, then we will/should be able to re-stock the team quickly! I also forsee us haveing upward of like 70 mil to play around with this offseason (no roby, keenum, DT restructure, Marshall, Dstew, Leary, Sanders, Shane Ray) That right there is a lot of money to shop with. A lot of guys we need to replace too no doubt, but a solid draft with high picks and solid wallet to go grab some guys. The rams could do us this giant favor by smashing us hard!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So if the Rams offense continues to roll in Denver does that mean not even Mother Nature can slow them down?

2k0bvs.jpg

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Also, why do people act like 28 degrees is the damned arctic?

a) we have players who've played in the cold

b) it's NOT THAT COLD. It's not t-shirt and shorts weather unless you're drunk or Finnish or both...

c) unless it's super windy, the stadium has the turf warmers so that it shouldn't be super sloppy, They're also covering the field which means while it might be a tad stiff, it'll still be more like turf than the Field Turf in a lot of places (as an aside, is anyone else sick of seeing players covered in those little black beads like sand???)

d) this is a prime opportunity for the Rams to also go run heavy and just go bonkers on play action. I mean, we got a pretty good run-blocking OL, which I guess some folks on opposing teams have missed...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

b) it's NOT THAT COLD. It's not t-shirt and shorts weather unless you're drunk or Finnish or both...

c) unless it's super windy, the stadium has the turf warmers so that it shouldn't be super sloppy, They're also covering the field which means while it might be a tad stiff, it'll still be more like turf than the Field Turf in a lot of places (as an aside, is anyone else sick of seeing players covered in those little black beads like sand???)

d) this is a prime opportunity for the Rams to also go run heavy and just go bonkers on play action. I mean, we got a pretty good run-blocking OL, which I guess some folks on opposing teams have missed...
There's cold, and then there's COLD. When I was a Greyhound driver, unloading packages in Eastern Oregon ( -28 degrees) with no wind with my wearing only a short sleeve shirt, it felt great. I've been in San Francisco on summers night, and the statement is true: "The coldest night I ever spent was a summer night in San Francisco."

Just depends on windchill and humidity.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
There's cold, and then there's COLD. When I was a Greyhound driver, unloading packages in Eastern Oregon ( -28 degrees) with no wind with my wearing only a short sleeve shirt, it felt great. I've been in San Francisco on summers night, and the statement is true: "The coldest night I ever spent was a summer night in San Francisco."

Just depends on windchill and humidity.

So true, and that Samuel Clemens quote couldn't be more spot on. The bay area gets windy and wet and those two compound to make things bad. The cold water coming down from Alaska keeps the area perpetually chilly until one heads inland.

That said, with the wind being under 10 knots and little to no falling snow (snow tends to remove moisture from the air, so it actually dries things out), it should be fine.

A 2pm kickoff in Denver should mean the game starts during the heat of the day and only maybe starts to get chilly in the 4th quarter.

I really don't see any issue with this game.

It's not Buffalo or NE or GB in late December...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
This is the second time now that fans have been worried about Suh and Darnold...I understand the concern about Kong, but Darnold doesn't do a damn thing for our D...The Jets still think he's a QB anyway...

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

I don't know that I've ever noticed it on players. However my nephew is playing a lot of sports now and when he has to play on those turf fields that rubber really affects him. His skin and eyes have bad reactions to it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know that I've ever noticed it on players. However my nephew is playing a lot of sports now and when he has to play on those turf fields that rubber really affects him. His skin and eyes have bad reactions to it.
Well, it will 8mph winds along with 29 degree weather which is something that won’t be fun. Wind steals your body heat much more than just cold temps.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In that case, you’ll probably get to see the majority of the game. The Rams are gonna live in our Redzone...
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"The coldest night I ever spent was a summer night in San Francisco."
Um... not to be that guy but isn’t the saying, “The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco.”? Either way, SF ain’t got nuthin on Newport Oregon.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

1. When I was 20 bare chested weather with a six pack both in beer and abs.
  2. When I was 30 Short Sleeves after a few belts
  3. When I was 40 Long Sleeves and a few more belts
  4. Now I'm in my 50's, it's cold!

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Rams are gonna be stunned by the winter weather. Broncos play them tough, perhaps squeak out a win. I’ll be watching on Redzone

Epic reply, hahaha! :LOL:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Um... not to be that guy but isn’t the saying, “The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco.”? Either way, SF ain’t got nuthin on Newport Oregon.
Not really. The Coldest NIGHT...And Newport is nice and toasty in the summer (used drive a midnight route down 101 from Portland to Crescent City. By the way, don’t think Mark Twain ever visited Newport...:rockon:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I can’t wait to smash the Chiefs after that one idiotic fans comments. Goff can’t throw from any platform. He’s clearly not watched any Rams games. That scramble and pass to Kupp on the run, into the corner of the end zone for a TD was one of the most beautiful passes I’ve ever seen.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

Because 28 degrees isn't even a real temperature. It's like a hyperbole.

Of course, I have to wear a jacket in my office because they have the AC set to 75, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Was in Newport Oregon on vacation in the 90's and left the motel without my jacket at about 7:00 PM and it was down in the high 30's, and I thought man this is friggin cold. bone chilling cold! There was a cool old record shop there on the main drag that was like a time warp back to 1975.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Yeah, they like that one about as much as somebody (obviously not a native) calling it 'Frisco...Geez, some of them go absolutely ballistic over that..

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/10/12/17966660/broncos-fans-expects-a-full-on-meltdown-in-week-6

Broncos Country expects a full on meltdown in Week 6
4% of Denver Broncos fans in our poll feel confident in the team and predict a 14-point blowout home loss to the Los Angeles Rams
By Tim Lynch

The collapse in fan confidence has hit rock bottom.

fanpulse_week_6.jpg

Add that to the expected point spread where Broncos fans are expecting at least a 14-point home loss to the Rams this week and you have a fan base on the ropes with well over half the season still left to play.

In fact, all 32 SB Nation blogs are running these FanPulse polls and no fan base is more demoralized and defeated than Broncos Country at 4%. The only other team that has dropped below 18% is the Dallas Cowboys fan base at 5%.

That’s rough. I can’t even be glad Cowboys fans are sad right now. Hell, even Oakland Raidersfans are still 19% confident in their team.

How do you feel about this team right now?

Personally, I’ve long preached patience with Vance Joseph in hopes that he would finally turn things around, but my optimism has been sapped. It’s over as far as I am concerned right now and the countdown is on for 2019 and a fresh coaching staff.
-------------
Todd Gurley should be licking his chops after seeing what Isaiah Crowell did to our defense.
If they get Cooks and Cupp back then I don’t see how we can keep pace with this team. I expect Wade Phillips will be looking to say "I told you so" also and our offense will probably be obliterated. I would not be surprised in the least to see a HC firing after this game but I still think they will let him linger around until the bye week.
-----------
Rams will keep it close
until after halftime.
------------
the Rams – a team so unprofessional that they can’t contemplate how to play in snow.
-------------
Honestly I’m sad we didnt get Mcvay
-------------
Rams are vulnerable with injuries. Broncos could be the one to break the Rams’ string of victories if the Broncos play to their own strengths.
-----------
What injuries?
They’re healthy. Kupp and Cooks are a full go. Zuerlein is the only other person on the report and Santos is a solid fill in.
-----------
Rams have a good QB, and RB. If they could somehow keep it close…… but Rams would have to have some kind of meltdown
------------
We are the new Denver Browns
-----------
Vjjjjjjjjjj is gone Monday if one of a few things happen
1: we utterly suck harder than a vacuum
2: show no improvement in competitiveness
3: Elway say f this and cans the coach.
4: this team is lost.
----------
I don't think it's impossible for the Broncos to win this game

It just may be impossible for the coaching staff to create a winning game plan. The weather may be the best coach on the field as it should dictate a running attack. Won’t be able to throw the ball 50 times in the rain and cold.

The question is does a win help Joseph keep his job or does another loss gets him out the door faster?