What Broncos Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Goff is the only one I’m wondering about. Idk if he’s ever even seen snow.
I'm concerned if Goff knows whether the snow melts in the East or West first.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Snow doesn't affect passing game that much. Wind does.

I have seen plenty of shootouts in snowy conditions. The wet turf actually helps the receivers get open.
I was excited to hear that, then I remember what our defensive backs have looked like these last few weeks .

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How do you know we are not a cold weather team if we've never played in cold weather yet?

Cooks, Kupp and Woods have all played in cold weather considering they came from northern colleges or NFL teams. Whitworth and Sullivan have seen their share of cold weather...sure theres more but i just woke up.
Donald played college at Pitt (more snow). Suh played in green Bay, minnestoa and Chicago once a year .Cooks played in NE .I think they'll be fine as well .

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sh...os-Angeles&s=6f5bd16bf695c01c7c7e263b9eb92d0c

I was bored and thought I would compile some general stats comparing the Broncos and Rams. Feel free to add your own stats that you think are important (and add your score prediction, because why not?).
.................................................. ............................Rams.................. .........Broncos

Offensive Yards Per Game.............................(1st) 468 yards.....................(12th) 393 yards

Rushing Yards Per Game.................................(7th) 656 yards....................(3rd) 685 yards

Passing Yards Per Game................................(2nd) 1686 yards....................(18th) 1284 yards

Total Defense (yards allowed)............................(9th) 341 yards....................(26th) 395 yards

Passing Defense........................................... (T 10th) 234 yards......................(16th) 256 yards

Rushing Defense........................................... ...(18th) 106 yards.......................(30th) 139 yards

Q.B Rating (not QBR)........................................(Goff) 119.7............................(Keenum) 78.1

My orange glasses prediction is Denver runs the ball 35+ times and wins 21-20.
th_smile.gif

---------------
The Rams have a lot of key players injured on both sides of the ball. They only just edged past the Seahawks (who we have already beaten).

Broncos to win easily 34-16.
-------------
You seem to forget the Rams have Todd Gurley as their feature. He's nearly as good as our top two RBs are combined.
-------------
Potentially a snow game. I hope that the weather finally forces us to stick to the run. The run game has been dominant, yet the coaching staff refuses to have it be the focal point. Get Freeman and Lindsey more touches and make sure Booker is waiting on the bench to greet them with hot chocolate after Touchdown runs. That is the only way to win.
----------
Snow would be amazing, we might actually have a chance if it snows
-----------
Not much of an advantage, Keenum doesn't play well in the snow or anything non-domed. Knowing Musgrave there are going to be over 40 pass plays the second we're behind by a single point.
-------------
Rams are going to hang 70 points on this Team while Case throws 4 ints!!
-----------
Everything about this game points to a loss. Rams have better coaching, QB, offense and defense. We could be evenly matched if the coaching was there, but VJ and Woods aren't even close to what's needed to be competitive. I'll put this at as a safe and easy loss, and the Rams will probably cover the spread at that.
-----------
If there is a weakness in this solid Rams team it’s at linebacker and their run defense. We have to run run run to have any chance to win.
-----------
Prediction: Keenum throws 3 touchdown passes.

2 for the Rams
1 for the Broncos
-----------
Prediction, Case passes for 400 yds all between the 20's. We get 100 yds rushing in the 4th qtr, lose handily.
----------
Best that I can determine, Kupp and Cooks are still in concussion protocol from last week's game with Seattle, who found success in running the ball against Aaron Donald and Suh. Seattle's o-line played their best game in three years. Sweezy, Britt and Fluker kicked some serious ass.

Denver should take heed and follow Seattle's lead if they want to stand a chance in beating the Rams.
-----------
DNP: Veldheer (knee), A. Jones (thigh), Stewart (foot). ... Jones was listed as hamstring on Monday.

Limited: Marshall (knee), Bolles (ankle) and Sutton (ankle)

Both tackles injured
th_rolleyes.gif
Still hoping Veldheer can make it back this week and they try him at LT with Turner at RT.

Jones still nursing his hamstring is concerning. Secondary is going from bad to worse.
------------
We have the Rams and Cardinals leading into the bye week here, and I think that if we are just somewhat competitive this week, which I believe we can be if the weather is bad and we shift the offensive focus to the ground game, then Keenum and the coaches get another week heading into Arizona. So if we win just one of these next two games going into the bye week we get back to a pretty easy schedule down the stretch, and we could unfortunately win some meaningless games.

In saying that though, if we get blown out by the Rams in dramatic fashion, which is 100% possible and likely, I could see the coaching staff gone come Monday, and an interim rolling into Arizona with Keenum as the quarterback. I don't believe you would take Kelly into Arizona on a short week, but you never know depending on how Keenum plays against the Rams, and what the instruction is from Elway upstairs, Kelly could be playing late in this game if it goes the way a lot of people think it will.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I were defending this offense I'd use a Cover 2 to ensure the passing game has to at least work its way down the field. That style of defense can punish receivers over the course of a game with hits on the underneath stuff. From there hope you get some bounces and your players capitalize enough on things.

But for this game I am more worried about our own defense. Again have to think they'll show up big time given what happened in Sheattle, but if you give Keenum a ground game and with that enormous anti-Rams chip he's got on his shoulder we will probably have our hands full.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
If I were defending this offense I'd use a Cover 2 to ensure the passing game has to at least work its way down the field. That style of defense can punish receivers over the course of a game with hits on the underneath stuff. From there hope you get some bounces and your players capitalize enough on things.

But for this game I am more worried about our own defense. Again have to think they'll show up big time given what happened in Sheattle, but if you give Keenum a ground game and with that enormous anti-Rams chip he's got on his shoulder we will probably have our hands full.
Nah, Keenum doesn't have a chip on his shoulder for the Rams, Vikings maybe. We helped him emerge from obscurity. He got what he wanted, a big FA contract and a starting job in the NFL.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
How do you know we are not a cold weather team if we've never played in cold weather yet?

Cooks, Kupp and Woods have all played in cold weather considering they came from northern colleges or NFL teams. Whitworth and Sullivan have seen their share of cold weather...sure theres more but i just woke up.
Well I'm getting ready for a nap possibly but let us not forget that Saffold played at Indiana, Havenstein's from Jersey and played at Wisconsin, Higbee played in Kentucky where it can get cold from time to time and Sam Shields played for the Pack, John Johnson at Boston College, you get the picture.
The Rams have a bunch of guys that have competed in the cold so I'm not all that concerned about some snow flurries this Sunday; at least no where near as much as a blustery windy day. That actually might help blow some accuracy into some of Keenum's passes and hurt Jared a bit.
Just sayin'

~ArkyRamsFan~

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So if the Rams offense continues to roll in Denver does that mean not even Mother Nature can slow them down?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are not a cold weather team.

God, I hope you're wrong.

I hated... absolutely hated.. the LA Rams going up to Bloomington MN to play MN in the playoffs back in the day.

Our "surf's up" dudes simply didn't have enough grittiness to succeed in those conditions.

Good test for the new SoCal Dudes... if I know McVay, he put them indoors this week and turned the AC down as low as it'd go. :LOL:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This game is an opportunity for us to prove we can play run defense. At least until we're up by 14. Haha.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"In saying that though, if we get blown out by the Rams in dramatic fashion, which is 100% possible and likely"

What the hell does this even mean? lol..It's a guaranteed maybe!

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Sullivan, Whitworth, Saffold all getting rest.

Lots of solid practice reps for our young guys going to come throughout this season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't be worried, Bronco fans! There's light at the end of the tunnel!
BCeWNuz.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

We could be the coming out party for Darnold and Rosen within a 3 week span. Goff can certainly tune the Joe Woods defense up and he's got the tools to do it.
oy.gif

_______________________________________________________________________________________
I'm starting Jared Goff this weekend in my fantasy league. The Broncos will run it under 20 times, and will abandon the run for no reason at all, even though they are averaging almost 7 YPC. It will become Keenum vs Goff.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
I hate rooting against my team but I kind of hope we get ass whooped and Keenum throws numerous picks. Get us that much closer to getting rid of VJ and starting Kelly.
________________________________________________________________________________________
We're going to get crushed.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
I have had thoughts like this before. I don't ever wish for the Broncos to lose or play poorly. But there have been games where I felt we deserved to lose so the right people would be held properly accountable and meaningful changes would be made.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm not going to root against them (probably skip the game though), but will take any upside that comes from it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Supposedly, we have an elite pass rushing unit, a unit that should be virtually impossible to block on 3rd and long. That has not been the case this year. The Broncos defense has forced 35 3rd and long situations this year and has exactly one sack in those situations, and that was in the first game of the season when we got six sacks. Since the first game of the season our hyped pass rush has five sacks in four games. That is one of the reasons we have allowed conversion on 11 of those 35 (31.4%) which is 25th in the league. Denver is also worst in the league having allowed 4 TDs on 3rd and long. We are also worst in the league allowing 9.71 yards per play on 3rd and long situations.

Oddly enough, our next opponent the Rams, had been worst in the league so far this year at stopping teams on 3rd and long. They have allowed conversion on 15 of 30 3rd and long situations (50%), but I’m sure that is not Wade Phillips’ fault (He can do no wrong).

Broncos 3rd & long: no defense
________________________________________________________________________________________
I don't know if he can do no wrong but his defense is still 9th in yards and 6th in points so that seems like a weird comment.

Meanwhile our GM Mortgage Spokesperson has dismantled a former top 5 defense that is currently 26th in yards and 23rd in points.

26th!
_________________________________________________________________________________________
7 points that's it?

easy money. This game will be over by halftime.
The good news is that in the second half we should have a chance to see Kelly.

Of course, that is what a normal coach would do when **** has completely hit the fan.
I bet the Goff and the Rams coaches are watching our film and laughing at our coaching staff.

This is going to be exactly like the Philly game last year.

Only hope is that we are down so much at the half that they finally cave and put Kelly in and he doesn't **** down his leg like Keenuts is going to.
I somehow fear that will a game like bills vs vikings.... and nothing will be changed....
Keenum and the offense may just tear it up in garbage time.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?s=1804c283e9b848a215bef66a72fcebaf&t=131624&page=2