What Broncos Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
2007 San Diego Chargers beat the Colts 23-21 11/11/07 then beat them again in the playoffs 28-24 1/13/08, they also beat the Bears 14-3 9/9/07, thus beating both of the 2006 Super Bowl participants. I'm sure there's more, but I've found one, what do I win?

One millioooooooon dollars. Check your funds I just made a transfer

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
2007 San Diego Chargers beat the Colts 23-21 11/11/07 then beat them again in the playoffs 28-24 1/13/08, they also beat the Bears 14-3 9/9/07, thus beating both of the 2006 Super Bowl participants. I'm sure there's more, but I've found one, what do I win?
Impressive research!

Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Nice work.
Cool fun fact

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/...-preview-robert-quinn-is-st-louis-best-player

Broncos Rams preview: Robert Quinn is St. Louis' best player
By Kyle Montgomery@MileHighReport on Nov 15 20144

20141019_lbm_ac1_070.JPG.0.jpg

Jeff Curry-USA TODAY Sports

Five Questions with St. Louis Rams blogger Joe McAtee of Turf Show Times!

1. So, it sounds like it's Shaun Hill this week. What are Rams fans' thoughts about the re-switch?

More than anything, it's thoughts about how dismal of a reality that is. To have to decide between Austin Davis and Shaun Hill isn't a decision that's going to end well. Would you like a fermented fish and pomegranate paste sandwich or a coagulated duck blood burrito with pickled beets? You can try to argue which one's better, but the reality is that you'd generally like to avoid that situation...and that's kind of what you pay executives in the front office millions of dollars to so. But I guess we'll get a full meal one way or the other on Sunday...gross.

2. What is the future looking like for Sam Bradford in St. Louis? For Austin Davis?

This is the hellscape of a franchise that hasn't had real success in a decade. Your second question is about two QBs who aren't even starting on Sunday...yeesh.

Well as for Davis, I think he's played himself into some kind of NFL future. He's not someone you'd like to rely on and ask to carry your team, but he is someone who could bridge your team over a couple weeks while your primary QB deals with some kind of minor injury. That's not something you could say about him confidently a year ago. Whether that's for the Rams or someone else, I'm not sure. I could see the Rams drafting someone or grabbing someone on the market to replace him. Cool story though.

Now Bradford...there's not a good answer here. For one, you've got a Head Coach/General Manager combo who stubbornly avoided seeking some kind of challenging alternative or credible backup the last two years. Any reason that you could give for why the Rams should look to replace him is one you could've given a year ago, and they went all-in on him for 2014, so...yeah. Secondly, there's not a great avenue to back off of Sam.

Should the Rams win a couple more games, they could well be out of striking (or even feasible trading) distance for Florida St.'s Jameis Winston or Oregon's Marcus Mariota in the 2014 NFL Draft. Who would be the better option for the Rams in 2015? Sam Bradford in year five or a rookie like UCLA QB Brett Hundley or Michigan St. Connor Cook? And even then, compare Sam Bradford, the 2010 NFL Draft prospect, to either Mariota or Winston as 2015 NFL Draft prospects.

Bradford was a clear cut #1 option. I'm not sure you can say that about Mariota or Winston, and look how Bradford's NFL career has turned out. It's just not a problem with an easy solution, but it is one that we're talking about just about every week at TST. (P.S. if you guys have that solution, shoot it on over)

3. Who is the 2014 Rams' best player?

Well I'm comfortable ruling out the entire offense. There's some talent there, but no real standouts.

So on the defensive side, you've got DE Robert Quinn who's leading the Rams with 6 sacks, DT Aaron Donald who's an absolute phenomenal rookie talent and OLB Alec Ogletree who has been outstanding recently. I'll give the nod to Quinn because his impact on splash plays is just so evident, but Donald is one that Rams fans are excited to have around for a long time. He's a rare breed at DT as someone who's undersized and better suited to playing quick than playing with power, but he's incredible to watch.

4. The Rams' offensive line and defensive line play against one another. Who wins?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Who wins? The doctor who has to reassemble the quarterback.

5. What are your predictions for the game and for the rest of the Rams' season?

As much as I love, and buy into, parity-fueled chaos in the NFL, this one seems headed to a comfortable Denver win. I went with 31-10 in our staff prediction post, and nothing's really happened in the last three days for me to change that.

As for the season, the defense is too good and there's enough talent on the offense to get to six wins...which sucks because with the Rams' strength of schedule, I expect them to play themselves out of the top 10 in the 2015 NFL Draft. Where does it leave us? Waiting another year for things to gel and for the Rams to get plus performance out of the quarterback position...wait, what year is it?

Thanks again to Joe for taking the time!
-------

Went for Donald because inside pressure is more of a problem for PFM
The battle to watch is the Rams DLine vs Denvers OLine
-------
My memory is rusty.
This isn’t the same Quinn that McD drafted in Denver, is it? Was that Richard Quinn? Am I just all turned around? The aughts are a blur. I almost choked on my coffee when reading a post the other day that listed Selvin Young as the top rusher for a season. Lance Ball, Selvin Young…… my how things change. TYJE.
---------
Yeah that was Richard Quinn
He was a second round tight end who had one career catch. McDaniels traded two third rounders to get him in the 2nd round, and he had a late round grade. I wrote that very day, Reeeeeeeaaaaacccchhh. Yuck.
---------
I voted Quinn but Donald has an incredible motor just keeps coming!

RamzFanz

Damnit
what they are missing is the fact that quarterbacks and a couple of wide receiver sweeps have really hit the Rams for big numbers and that has made the run defense look worse than it is on paper .......... running backs other than early in the season aren't getting crap on the Rams

Denver will not be running the ball successfully but that's not the issue or the worry with that O anyway

If I remember correctly, only Rainey in week 2 had more than 100 yards against the Rams. I don't recall exactly but I don't think there were more than 2-3 rushing TDs by RBs all season?

Athos

Legend
If I remember correctly, only Rainey in week 2 had more than 100 yards against the Rams. I don't recall exactly but I don't think there were more than 2-3 rushing TDs by RBs all season?

I love research.

Vikings: 1 TD running
Rainey: 144 yards / J. McCown 2 QB keepers for TDs
Murray: 100 yards 1 TD
Wilson: 106 yards 1 TD
KC: 3 rushing TDs
Ellington: 1 TD

9 TDs given up on the ground, 5 given up to pure RBs.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I love research.

Vikings: 1 TD running
Rainey: 144 yards / J. McCown 2 QB keepers for TDs
Murray: 100 yards 1 TD
Wilson: 106 yards 1 TD
KC: 3 rushing TDs
Ellington: 1 TD

9 TDs given up on the ground, 5 given up to pure RBs.

I was talking about RBs.

"I don't recall exactly but I don't think there were more than 2-3 rushing TDs by RBs all season?"

So the answer is 5 I believe.

Murray, Ellington, Charles (2), Davis?

I just saw your last line... yes, 5.

Athos

Legend
Screens behind the line are basically run plays though imo. And we've been susceptible to those. And DEN has the WRs to make us pay. If our DBs give Thomas x 2, Sanders, and Welker cushions....could be ugly.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=557318

Week 11 GDT: Denver Broncos @ Saint Louis Rams

Time: 11am Mountain Time
Venue: Edward Jones Dome, St Louis, Missouri
TV: CBS

Probable Lineups

sports_rams_st.louis_stl_nfl_football.jpg

QB: Shaun Hill
RB: Tre Mason
WR: Kenny Britt
WR: Tavon Austin
TE: Jared Cook
TE: Lance Kendricks
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: Scott Wells
RG: Davin Joseph
RT: Joe Barksdale

DE: William Hayes
DT: Aaron Donald
DT: Michael Brockers
DE: Robert Quinn
LB: Jo-Lonn Dunbar
LB: James Laurinaitis
LB: Alec Ogletree
CB: Trumaine Johnson
S: Rodney McLeod
S: TJ McDonald
CB: Janoris Jenkins

Denver_Broncos_by_jake1423.png

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: CJ Anderson
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
WR: Wes Welker
TE: Julius Thomas
LT: Ryan Clady
LG: Orlando Franklin
C: Will Montgomery
RG: Manny Ramirez
RT: Louis Vasquez

DE: Derek Wolfe
DT: Terrence Knighton
DT: Sylvester Williams
DE: Demarcus Ware
LB: Von Miller
LB: Steven Johnson
LB: Brandon Marshall
CB: Aqib Talib
S: Rahim Moore
S: TJ Ward
CB: Chris Harris

3 keys to victory

1. Shut down Tre Mason

-The Rams have a decent defense, but with the QB change they are very one dimensional on offense. Denver might have the best front seven in football, and that's with two starters out injured. If we can keep Mason quiet then we could keep their score in single figures.

2. CJ early and often

-Hillman is out and Ball should mostly be warming the bench in his first game back. CJ is the hot hand right now and I'm hoping for a 100 yard effort.

3. Discipline on special teams

-St Louis has an explosive return game led by Tavon Austin, we can't let this be our undoing.

Prediction

Like last week, they'll keep it close for a little while before we run away with it.

Denver 34
St Louis 3
-----------
jrry32 - We won't hurt Peyton if you go easy on us.
icon_lol.gif

-----------
Maybe just give him a scare, then we can see what we have in Brock. It seems Manning wont let us otherwise..
icon_wink.gif

-----------
jrry32 - That would be bad. If Manning goes down, they'll break Brock.
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif

----------
Is CJ Anderson worth a start in fantasy?
Has he been getting first team reps?
----------
Gase goes with the hot hand so he should get the start.
----------
I'm concerned with the offensive line play and the fire this team will need to carry over from the Raiders win. Need to get the swagger back...

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Torn on this game, I really can't be bothered watching the Rams get their asses handed to them, but I really want to pan Hill after every incompletion or sack, regardless of who is responsible, even might do it after a few completions just for the LOLs, I think if I just post "put Keenum in" at random times I can probably get away with not actually watching the game.

That said I'm not sure there are any games that are actually appealing to me in that slot :sleep:.
Too cold for golf here! Got to watch some football so Rams fit the bill until dinner! :(