What Bears fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Thanks for joining us. Interested in reading some more comments about your team.

My opinion is the Bears have benefited from a last place schedule and playing the AFC East, which outside of New English is meh. So we've beaten Seattle (which wasn't playing this well week 2), Arizona, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, New York Jets, Detroit (x2), and Minnesota.

Vikings win is their real own impressive win. Coulda/woulda/shoulda with Green Bay, Miami, New York Giants, and New England but you didn't, and we lost them.

Giants loss just seemed like a classic trap game.

But for a young and up and coming team like the Bears might be, I think its okay. If they were some veteran team whos sneaking in on a weak schedule then its legit smoke and mirrors. Regardless if we get in or not (and if not its gonna be really disappointing), I think these past few weeks and the next few weeks will show us what the Bears are made of.

Beating the Vikings on SNF was nice, albiet a loss they came back to tie the Giants. Can they come to play and hang around with, if not beat the Rams? Can they beat Rodgers in Chicago? Dude has owned us the past few years. Can they beat the Vikings in Minnesota?

We'll see what they're made of in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Grimson

UDFA
I have been reading some of that ChiChity board this week and man those fans are something else! It's like the meatball capital of the world.

-Fish N Chips

Yeah, it's a friggin circus. Bears fans have to be the single most unintelligent people of all time.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yeah, it's a friggin circus. Bears fans have to be the single most unintelligent people of all time.

49ers fans would say "Hold my beer."

My opinion is the Bears have benefited from a last place schedule and playing the AFC East, which outside of New English is meh. So we've beaten Seattle (which wasn't playing this well week 2), Arizona, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, New York Jets, Detroit (x2), and Minnesota.

We get the same criticisms. You play the team on your schedule.

What do you think of Mitch Trubisky? Do you believe the Bears O-line can handle the Rams front four?

49ers fans would say "Hold my beer."

We get the same criticisms. You play the team on your schedule.

What do you think of Mitch Trubisky? Do you believe the Bears O-line can handle the Rams front four?

For the first year in a new system, I think he's been solid. Really clunky early on, and at times still misses open players and/or overthrows people, but that's just growing pains, I hope. I think the real test for the Bears comes next year. First place schedule (barring a huge collapse), more tape on them, etc.

The Bears' O-line is average at best, and with Donald and Suh (who I hate from his Lion days) I think Mitch and the gang are really going to have to bear down (pun not intended). Which is probably why Mitch didn't start against New York even though he probably could have. I think they wanted him 100% against that D-line even if that means eating a W.

I actually found this thread because I wanted to see what Rams fans were thinking about this game.

I'm a Bears fan, and I'm a huge fan of what the Rams have done and I actually picked the Rams to go 19-0 this season.

Personally, I think the Bears and Rams are close until halftime (maybe a score lead either way), but I think the Rams come out in the second half and put it away and win by at least 14.

Bears are probably making the playoffs, but when/if they're bounced I'm rooting for the Rams.
Do you post on that ChiCHity website?? Interesting crowd there.

-Fish N Chips

Do you post on that ChiCHity website?? Interesting crowd there.

-Fish N Chips

Fisch?

I come and go. I'm actually the moderator of the White Sox forum on there lol

I was one of the first posters when I launched. It used to be a small, but solid community. When ChicagoBearsMessageBoard closed, or whatever, the owner invited them over and it basically became a Bears' forum. Don't get me wrong I love the Bears, but when you hit "new post" and its just 50+ Bears threads when its a Chicago forum it got annoying, but its gotten better.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Just browsed the chart above, don't like everyone seems to be picking the Rams, this is not going to be a cakewalk by any means

Re-watched the Broncos game which was in mid 20's weather, Goff wore gloves (he usually doesn't) and seemed to have no issues spinning it. Gurley had a monster game (208 yds 2 TDs) the Broncos D line sorta reminded me of the Rams in that they were in pass rush mode (Chubb had 3 sacks and I believe Miller had 1.5) which affected our passing game, and allowed Gurley to run rampant. Goff didn't really have good numbers (14-28, 201 yds 0 TD 1 PI) Then again the Broncos geared up for the pass and forgot to play the run.

Not expecting either team scores over 30 in this one, am a little wary of Jordan Howard and especially Cohen out of the backfield, wonder who the lucky man is who gets that assignment.

This has the making of a close exciting game, not sure weather is going to play too much of a factor unless it gets windy. I'm curious to see if John Kelly makes his debut as backup RB, I think he might.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Against the 49ers, Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips even lined Donald up at defensive end. He defeated an offensive tackle and tight end on one play, a 280-pound game-plan wrecker coming off the edge.

People get stuck on his weight. One has to bear in mind that he is all muscle. He isn't sporting the normal amount of body fat that a DT is. Not to mention 280 was his college weight correct? He's probably added muscle since then.

If he weighed 315 nobody would pay attention to his weight. But he isn't adding 30 pounds of fat anytime soon LOL!!!

I get a kick out of those who complain Goff hasn't had enough game winning drives. For one, it seems like he actually has come through in the clutch. For another, he's been pretty good where he's had to protect leads rather than come from behind.

I agree, it's not a conversation to have at this stage.

Bears are probably making the playoffs, but when/if they're bounced I'm rooting for the Rams.

Good for you!

Vikings win is their real own impressive win. Coulda/woulda/shoulda with Green Bay, Miami, New York Giants, and New England but you didn't, and we lost them.

Giants loss just seemed like a classic trap game.

But for a young and up and coming team like the Bears might be, I think its okay. If they were some veteran team whos sneaking in on a weak schedule then its legit smoke and mirrors. Regardless if we get in or not (and if not its gonna be really disappointing), I think these past few weeks and the next few weeks will show us what the Bears are made of.

Beating the Vikings on SNF was nice, albiet a loss they came back to tie the Giants. Can they come to play and hang around with, if not beat the Rams? Can they beat Rodgers in Chicago? Dude has owned us the past few years. Can they beat the Vikings in Minnesota?

We'll see what they're made of in the next few weeks.

Well my .02

It seems like you have the QB in place, maybe not a top 5 guy but really good and can get better. Last year he took his lumps and improved. He will need to learn not to run around so much.

Going forward it will depend on how good the GM is and if he can acquire more talent through the draft. Missing pieces filled in with cheaper contracts make a BIG difference when FA hits and you have some extra money to spend. Like this years Rams by way of example.

If things go well for the Bears that division could end up being the toughest in the NFL. And there will also be the Lions in the division as well. HAHA.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.chicagobears.com/news/chalktalk/chalk-talk-what-s-key-to-containing-gurley?sf203897009=1

Chalk Talk: What’s key to containing Gurley?
Larry Mayer

I know the Bears usually do a good job of stopping the run, but they struggled last week against Saquon Barkley and I'm afraid that Todd Gurley could have a big game. What's the key to containing the Rams running back?

Every defensive player and coach I spoke with this week said the same thing: The Bears must get as many tacklers to Todd Gurley as possible because the 6-1, 224-pounder is big, fast and elusive. Said outside linebacker Khalil Mack: "It takes all 11 players on defense getting to the play. That's a good and great challenge. He's one of the best backs in the league."

Gurley leads the NFL in rushing with 1,175 yards and 15 total touchdowns (11 rushing and four receiving). Said coach Matt Nagy: "He's such a big man, and when he's running, he's very explosive. It's hard to bring him down with one man tackling-wise. He's got great hands. He understands the pass game. They use him well, whether it's protection and then getting out in the flat. He can run routes in empty formation. He does it all."

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/4-things-to-watch-in-bears-rams-game

4 things to watch in Bears-Rams game
Larry Mayer

(1) How will quarterback Mitchell Trubisky fare in his return to action after missing two games due to a right shoulder injury?

After practicing without restrictions Wednesday through Friday, Trubisky was removed from the injury report and is set to start Sunday night against the Rams. The second-year pro returns after missing two games with a right shoulder injury he sustained Nov. 18 late in a Sunday night win over the Vikings at Soldier Field.

"He put together three really good days in practice," said coach Matt Nagy. "I thought the velocity on his throws was good, his decision-making, just getting in and out of the huddle, that part was easy. The main thing was for us, seeing conditioning-wise, being able to see, can he hold up with that, and he did. He did well."

Starting the first 10 games of the season, Trubisky completed 65.4 percent of his passes for 2,469 yards with 20 touchdowns, nine interceptions and a 97.7 passer rating that ranks 15th in the NFL. He has also rushed for 363 yards and three TDs on 51 carries.

(2) Who will win the strength-versus-strength battle that pits the Bears' dominant No. 2-ranked defense against the Rams' explosive No. 2-ranked offense?

The Bears have excelled on defense this season, especially in terms of taking the ball away and putting it in the end zone. They lead the NFL with 30 takeaways, a plus-12 turnover margin, 21 interceptions and five interception returns for touchdowns. They're also tied for second with 15 forced fumbles and five red-zone takeaways.

On Sunday night, the defense will face one of its toughest challenges of the season. The Rams own the NFL's best record (11-1), are tied for second in average points per game (34.9) and rank second in total yards per game (439.9). Quarterback Jared Goff has passed for 3,754 yards with 27 touchdowns, seven interceptions and a 109.9 passer rating.

"They're not throwing a lot of short passes," said defensive coordinator Vic Fangio. "They're throwing the ball into that 15-, 25-yard range and beyond and he's a very accurate passer in those areas and he's done a great job with this offense.

Rams running back Todd Gurley leads the NFL in rushing with 1,175 yards and total touchdowns with 15. "Great player, good size, good speed, runs hard, has got great vision," Fangio said. "He does a really good job in their running game, their zone schemes of how to find the open area, hit it and get it, and he's an excellent receiver out of the backfield, too. He's a complete back."

(3) Will the Bears be able to contain Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald, an NFL MVP candidate who leads the league with 16.5 sacks?

Donald presents a huge challenge for the Bears offense. The 6-1, 280-pounder is a disruptive force who has been unblockable at times this season. He has recorded all 16.5 sacks of his sacks in the last nine games after being blanked in the first three contests. Donald has registered multiple sacks in five of his last six outings, including a season-high four in a 39-10 win over the 49ers in San Francisco. He compiled six tackles-for-loss in that game, the most by any NFL player this season.

"He's a player that when you turn on the tape and you go through with your guys each week who the game-changers are, you put like three circles around him because he's a game-changer times three," Nagy said. "You look at him and wonder how he can weigh as much as he weighs and be as quick as he is. He's really extremely quick. He's savvy in regards to different types of moves that he has. He's got power. He's got the speed, the athleticism. He can do it all."

Over the last three weeks in wins over the Seahawks, Chiefs and Lions, Donald has produced 14 tackles, 6.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and seven tackles-for-loss. Asked what Donald and Bears star Khalil Mack have in common, Fangio said: "They're both great players. They both play tenacious, both play with a love of the game and both held out and both got rewarded handsomely."

(4) How much will the cold weather affect the Rams, who practice and play their home games in balmy Los Angeles?

The Bears struggled to adjust to the intense heat and humidity Oct. 14 in an overtime loss to the Dolphins in Miami. The difference in conditions between Los Angeles and Chicago could be just as jarring to the Rams Sunday night, when the temperature is predicted to drop into the 20s along the lakefront.

On the same day the Bears lost in Miami, the Rams played their only cold-weather game of the season in Denver, where it was 25 degrees at kickoff. Los Angeles won 23-20 as Gurley rushed for 208 yards and two touchdowns on 28 carries. But Goff completed just 14 of 28 passes for 201 yards with no touchdowns, one interception and a season-low 58.8 passer rating while being sacked five times. It remains the only game this season in which he has not thrown for a touchdown.

"The cold weather will have significant effects on this game," former NFL running back Reggie Bush said this week on NFL Network. "I played in this stadium before, in this cold before, and the hits hurt a little bit more, the football feels like you're catching a brick, and for quarterbacks, it feels like they're throwing a brick. And also you have to factor in the grass you play on at Soldier Field. It's thick and you feel like you're running slower. That field is going to feel stiff as hell and guys are going to be getting up a little slower."

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I dont like how this thread says "What Bears fans are saying" followed by 5 thumbs up.

It almost gives off the wrong impression- like we approve of the idiotic drivel of Bears fans.7

Now if everyone gave the OP a funny rating...? It would look like we are laughing at what they think, which is much more accurate.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Bears lost at the Giants … and were probably sick watching the film and seeing how dominant they were at times in that game. Chicago’s defensive foundation is two-deep matchup zone coverage, which happens to be what the Lions employed when stymieing so many of L.A.’s deep shots. Rams blockers also had some uneven snaps against Detroit’s underwhelming defensive line. “Uneven” snaps against Chicago’s D-line will result in disaster.

They better hope JG and the WRs aren't sharp again. We've typically feasted on that type of coverage. But Fangio is a very intelligent play-caller, so he won't make it easy.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We gotta “bear down” tonight. Trubiscuit will hopefully not run as much in order to protect his newly healed shoulder. Let’s hope our LB play is better than usual.

I just hope big Whit and Hav can both keep up with the speed of Mack tonight and keep Goff upright. It will be interesting where they line Mack up. It should be fun!

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I do not want to see a “good game” tonight, NOPE.

I want to see a total ass kicking, a blow out by the 2nd quarter kind of game. I want the league to FEAR these RAMS !

Go Rams Go

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do not want to see a “good game” tonight, NOPE.

I want to see a total ass kicking, a blow out by the 2nd quarter kind of game. I want the league to FEAR these RAMS !

Go Rams Go
That’s what I always want. Close games give me heartburn, but dominance make me smile and head for the celebration thread in the 2nd quarter...:rockon: