Wells restructures contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/9100/rams-wells-restructures-contract

By Field Yates | ESPN.com

Rams starting center Scott Wells, entering the third year of a four-year deal, has redid his contract, according to a league source.

Wells had his base salary for 2014 reduced from $5.5 million to $1 million, though he received a roster bonus of $1.65 million upon execution of the restructure and can earn up to $850,000 in per game roster bonuses for the 2014 season.

i

Wells

He also reduced his 2015 base salary from $5.5 million to $2 million, but his 2015 compensation now includes $1.75 million to be earned in the form of a roster bonus.

The restructure creates $2.2125 million in immediate cap space for the Rams for 2014 and another $1.75 million in cap space for 2015.

Wells, who finished the 2013 season on injured reserve due to a broken fibula, is penciled is as the starter for an offensive line that is expected to feature Greg Robinson, the second overall pick in the 2014 draft.

The veteran Wells was signed by the Rams during the 2012 offseason after eight seasons in Green Bay, although he has been limited to just 19 games due to injury.

The Rams drafted former Alabama standout Barrett Jones, the player they expect to be their eventual starter after Wells, during the fourth round of the 2013 draft.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is good for everyone. Wells is more in line with his contribution and Rams free space.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Rams starting center Scott Wells, entering the third year of a four-year deal, has redid his contract, according to a league source.

Seriously dose ESPN pay for this????

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It's a great move for the team, and now he can mentor the young guys, while being our best starting Center.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Nice. Every little bit helps, and I like Wells a lot when he is healthy. Here is hoping this year will FINALLY be the year we don't look like a MASH unit on the OL after 6 or so games....

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Good for him and good for us.

I had doubts they'd keep him around at his current rate. Glad this got 'redid' the way it did.

Now stay healthy big man!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I've seen "should of" quite a few times recently around here. Didn't want to be THAT GUY and call someone out on grammar though.
I've seen that quite a bit as well, and it's probably my biggest pet peeve, but I generally respect people for their opinions on message boards more than anything else, so I don't bring stuff like that up.

Bashing a columnist on the other hand ... who cares. Burn him like a witch!