Weddle rocking the boat or talking about something else?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Just a very general tweet that is curious given the trades that have happened to the two CBs that used to be to either of his sides in the last two weeks. Can't say that isn't concerning. I honestly don't know what to think of this though. He comments on a lot of replies but never really specifies wtf he's talking about.

View: https://twitter.com/weddlesbeard/status/1189637727576158208?s=20

edit: well I notice he did reply to one tweet that is deleted so no idea what it said. At least doesn't call out the Rams. If it has nothing to do with Rams he should say that up front though because the timing is a bit bad.

View: https://twitter.com/weddlesbeard/status/1189662452427833344?s=20

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Sounds like the stuff about Jamal Adams... Jets told him he was not being shopped then a week later rumors were he was being shopped.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sounds like the stuff about Jamal Adams... Jets told him he was not being shopped then a week later rumors were he was being shopped.

Well rumors are just that. Idk how truthful they are.

Well, unless they are started by Foolio. Then we know they are BS.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Who knows who initiated the inquiry? But as far as the player is concerned he’s been lied to. Maybe a Gm called and asked if he was available, you have to know what others think of your players. And he wasn’t in fact traded so he should get over it. If guys like AB and Ramsey can get dealt, then everybody should keep their eyes open.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So many things he could be talking about but if I had to guess I'd say Trent Williams. He held out with a major issue with ownership/management. Then he reports the team announces he passed his physical. He goes out to practice and they said no sorry you didn't pass you can't play. I'd imagine it's the teams way to try to get back at Trent and Weddle doesn't like it.

That's just my guess it could be anything. It could be he doesn't like Talib being traded just as much. I'd wager Talib doesn't care he still gets paid and is a free agent after he rehabs for a few months in south beach.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm sure Weddle knows what he's talking about. Lot of teams probably do want to sugar coat things to avoid players gettin butthurt when they're shopping them, deciding whether to sit them, etc.

It's like the Rams talking about how great Tavon was. Before and after trading him for peanuts. I know that's different, i.e. spin with the fans but I'm sure it's a mindset teams take that drives players crazy.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Maybe the Detroit safety? But I agree, he's been paid to do something he loves. Handle your finances, secure them for your future.

UKRAM18

UDFA
Yeahhhhh I would say he knows exactly who and what he is talking about. A little of the Talib and Peters trade mixed with the latest on Adams and Trent Williams I'm sure.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Funny how bad teams stay bad throughout the years. The browns were offering the skins a 1st for Williams at the beginning of the season. They said no for some reason even though they were going nowhere this year. This week they were offering him for a 2nd, the browns told them to go fuck themselves.

No wonder players get so angry with the front office guys.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

That seems likely what instigated this. So that’s good news at least. I had been wondering if the Peters and Talib trades had caused any kind of locker room angst.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
That seems likely what instigated this. So that’s good news at least. I had been wondering if the Peters and Talib trades had caused any kind of locker room angst.

Last year's starting corners. This year's starting corners when the season began. That would cause angst in some locker rooms. Hopefully not ours. I'm sure everyone accepts the fact that its a business. But when personal connections have been made its hard not to feel anything.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Weddle is right for the most part. Honesty from team to player AND vice versa is the best policy.

I will say that i don't think teams are always obligated to give accurate and/or truthful info to the press. If a reporter asks if player X is on the block, i have no problem with teams saying "No" and trading him a week later. Negotiations aren't public for a reason.

Same goes for injuries(severity) and personnel matters. FF owners don't help head coaches and GM's keep their job. What fans and the press think and what they think they need to know isn't important.

I may be in the minority on this because i've read plenty of fan angst on this board in the past when the Rams said one thing and did another soon after or even months later(Bradford trade for example).
I don't get the angst. Running a pro team is a fluid operation and things can change in a hurry. Even if the intention is already there and a team smoke screens the press and fans....they have every right to conduct business the way they choose under the legal guidelines.....we're just fans.