Weddle cleared to play vs. Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
True a brain trauma is more concerning, but if that laceration needed stitches or staples, that will probably keep him off the field longer than the concussion. I hope I'm wrong but I would think that could take weeks to heal properly enough to not re-open it.

Psycho_X

Legend
Hopefully he passes cause we need all hands on deck for one of the most important games of the year. After the Saints whining all offseason I’ve never wanted to beat someone’s ass so bad.

If Weddle can’t go I’d think Littleton would have the headset this week? He did it last season and seemed ok at it. Wonder who did it after Weddle went out.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Even if he isn't concussed you have to wonder how many stitches he'll need and how long that will take to heal enough.
Shave it and superglue some of that paper crap on it. He'll be good to go as soon as he passes the concussion protocol.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
The cut on his head was weird. From the instant replay it didn't look like anything foreign cut him, so it must have been party of his helmet. Maybe he had the defensive headset and it was jammed into his scalp?

I believe that CMC's shoe/cleat went inside of the helmet visor as he was jumping over him.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
. . . Christian got real lucky on the off setting penalty for his helmet to the head hit on Olson (Even though it was almost bordline not a penalty).
It was 'almost' at most. Every angle I saw looked incidental. My Panther fan thought the same thing as well.

Heal up, Eric

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Indeed Week 2 and it's almost a must win.

If the Rams are going to go back to the SB every little thing counts. Having home field is more than just a little thing too!

Like @bluecoconuts said small cuts can look really bad. Think boxing..........a small cut is a huge hindrance because it bleeds a lot and can end up in the eyes.
It's true. The scalp has many capillaries. I got in a car accident years ago and split my head open, needing 57 stitches. It was just a surface injury, but it bled like a stuck pig. People were looking at me like I was the walking dead. other than the stitches, (Hurt like a bitch- no numbing) I was fine the next day.

Now, obviously the stitches will have to take, but hopefully he only misses 2-3 weeks.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I just dont know of a cut like that healing in a week. He obviously needs stitches and where it's located it would get reopened every time his helmet got his. I don't see him coming back next week. It might be a 4 week injury due to the fact that it needs time to heal up. They might have some way of keeping it closed but its not something I'm aware of...

Glue. Seriously, there are glues that can be used. They can even use Super Glue and at long as they keep it on the surface, the new skin growth will push the glue off like a scab. I've had to use it on a few cuts and it works crazy well as long as the cut isn't deep enough to need multiple levels of stitches.

If he's clear of the concussion protocols, I'm sure there are methods they can use to ensure that his injury doesn't keep him from playing.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

weddle is a football player, not a ballerina.

he'll be out there if he passes concussion protocol.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, I'd say the cut may not even be an issue. It might not even be a very big one. Between stitches, glue, wrap, and ointment technology out there now, he should be good to go. It's the concussion protocol that could be the biggest hurdle. Excuse the pun. :p

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If it was Bradford he'd miss time of course. I mean you can't check the ball down quickly and efficiently when you have an owwie on your head. :ROFLMAO:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In my experience, even a small head cut gushes like a bitch but also heals up faster than anywhere - maybe BECAUSE of so much blood flow to the wound. I think if he passes protocol, he'll play.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
When Weddle took his helmet off I immediately thought of a Mick Foley match.
tumblr_mjoqu0sFPw1qzx70zo1_r1_1280.jpeg

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

weddle is a football player, not a ballerina.

he'll be out there if he passes concussion protocol.

Agreed if he passes concussion protocol there is no way a cut is going to keep him out of this game. He is a tough S.O.B. This is what he came here for. Didn't Ronnie Lott like lose a finger tip during a playoff game and continued to play in the same game lol. That was bad ass then still is, and medicine as certainly come a long way since then.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm rugby league matches, when a player gets a cut on the head the trainer comes on and cleans it up, rubs some Vaseline on it and then wraps a bandage around it and tapes it up. Straight back into the game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You could definitely see the difference right away. I'm assuming the play calling went back to Littleton after Weddle went down. If that's the case at least Cory has experience. Christian got real lucky on the off setting penalty for his helmet to the head hit on Olson (Even though it was almost bordline not a penalty).

That was a bad call IMO. It had more to do with Olsen being so tall and Christian being shorter. Christianson lower his head to tackle Olsen with his helmet.

I just dont know of a cut like that healing in a week. He obviously needs stitches and where it's located it would get reopened every time his helmet got his. I don't see him coming back next week. It might be a 4 week injury due to the fact that it needs time to heal up. They might have some way of keeping it closed but its not something I'm aware of...

It's still just a cut. Stitches come out in 7-10 days. I had my scalp cut clean through. Stitches were out in a week. I was able to get it wet, comb the hair around it etc... Weddle will be good to go next week if he passes the protocol.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Man I hope you all are right on this! That was a shitload of blood (Yeah heads bleed) Just can't imagine stitches/staples being fun with a football helmet to aggravate the situation....:oops:

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
If it was Bradford he'd miss time of course. I mean you can't check the ball down quickly and efficiently when you have an owwie on your head. :ROFLMAO:

If it was Bradford's wimpy ass he would be out for the next 15 games sitting at home counting all his money.