We need to be shopping Stacy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He might, and they might be trying to trade him, surely what we dont know, we dont know.
I think the RB position has been so devalued lately that I don't see where the interest would come from.
It it worth trading him for a 6th or 7th round pick?

I think for a player like Stacy, you have to get out what you put in to get him for the deal to be made.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm still trying to figure out why, after 2013, Fisher took the position of, "Yeah, I've seen enough of this guy. Next."

Thats what i really don't get did he pi$$ fisher off or something? Because he was a beast for us when he started at RB...

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, there goes the 'boys. They just signed Darren Mcfadden.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Were probably going to shop Brockers if we sign Fairly
I dunno, I would think Fairley would just be replacing Langford in the rotation. We need depth behind Brockers. Besides, Brockers fills a role that Fairley can't--a psuedo NT in a 4-3 scheme (would this be a "1-tech"? not a football wiz) that gives A. Donald free reign to attack behind the L.O.S.
I would think that if the Rams sign Fairley, he would spell Brockers in rush packages, or possibly even C. Long... who knows, maybe Williams can craft up a package with all 5 1st round DL'ers? Like a 3-4 alignment w/ Quinn, Donald, Brockers, Fairley & Long all comin' at ya' ? & Tree & Akeem bringin' up the rear?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I'm good. You?

I wish we had more film on Watts too. I was just pointing out he was there too. Could be a gem.

Good, brotha.

I would just be worried about it because we haven't seen enough but yea we do have him.

Last edited:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
And what exactly has Pead done to show you he will even sniff a back up role let alone start at this point he's lucky to even still be on the team tbh

I agree with you 100%, the thought of Pead starting or splitting Carrys is terrifying lol.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats what i really don't get did he pi$$ fisher off or something? Because he was a beast for us when he started at RB...
Well, that is if you dont count his 2nd year. He did start the first 5 games of 2014, not sure if folks have forgotten that.
Thru 1st 5 games of 2014, 61 carries for 240 yards. 3.9 YPC and only 1 TD
I loved the guy in 2013 as much as the next guy, but Daryl Richardson looked great for a minute too.
I certainly dont want rid of him but I can completely understand why Fish went with Tre in Game #6 and beyond

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Well, that is if you dont count his 2nd year. He did start the first 5 games of 2014, not sure if folks have forgotten that.
Thru 1st 5 games of 2014, 61 carries for 240 yards. 3.9 YPC and only 1 TD
I loved the guy in 2013 as much as the next guy, but Daryl Richardson looked great for a minute too.
I certainly dont want rid of him but I can completely understand why Fish went with Tre in Game #6 and beyond

The whole of our defence were appalling in the first few weeks of last season, How many weeks was it before Robert Quinn started to be the player he was in 2013? Didn't see him get dropped like a hot potato...

Stacy first 3 games: 181 yards
Mason first 3 games: 157 yards

I still don't get it...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I mean Stacy still has what, 2 years left on his rookie deal? So he is cheap. He's also shown that he can break the 1000 yard mark, and he did it in about 3/4 of a season. I think he has more value than some think.

I can't think of a better argument for keeping him. I don't think Mason needs to be carrying the ball 30 times a game, and Bennie is 3rd down guy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The whole of our defence were appalling in the first few weeks of last season, How many weeks was it before Robert Quinn started to be the player he was in 2013? Didn't see him get dropped like a hot potato...

I still don't get it...
Stacy started 5 games, why only count the first 3?
And Mason first 3 starts he had 182 yards, so I'm not sure how you're doing the math

Stacy clearly wasnt the same player in 14 as he was in 13. And Mason came in and showed some pop.

I cant even comment on the Quinn comparison because its so apples to oranges

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I just think, kinda like SJ, Stacy's value is dependent on volume.
If he ain't toting the rock 20+ times, he's not going to make a pop. All those games where he went over 100, he also managed to sneak a 18+ yard run into the mix. games where he didn't get the touches were pretty much duds.
Fish wants splash plays on the ground, hence the D-Rich experiment and the current Mason/Benny/Watts fixation.
If push comes to shove and he needs to grind it out, I think he will. But he'd rather roll the dice and put a guy in there who's a threat to bounce it outside and break one.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

I still don't get it...
What's not to get Stacy is a decent back however durability is a question how many times has he had to come out of a game on an important drive

tonyl711

Starter
Keep him, we don't know if Mason is a reliable workhorse back as of yet. Stacy is good insurance, let's hope he just had a down year and will rebound with us.
I don't think he had a down year, they just wanted Mason to play.

tonyl711

Starter
What's not to get Stacy is a decent back however durability is a question how many times has he had to come out of a game on an important drive
the same could have been asked about SJ, how many times on third down and in the red zone did he take himself out of the game? RB is a punishing position, the fact that he was never injured for any significant time shows he could play in pain IMO.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Stacy started 5 games, why only count the first 3?
And Mason first 3 starts he had 182 yards, so I'm not sure how you're doing the math

Stacy clearly wasnt the same player in 14 as he was in 13. And Mason came in and showed some pop.

I cant even comment on the Quinn comparison because its so apples to oranges

I counted the first 3 games as they were the only ones to hand. And I was counting rushing yards.

The reason I commented on Quinn was purely because you were comparing a player on his previous years play. And Quinn had a significant drop off from from 2013 at the start of the season. Hence the comparison.

Apples, oranges, pears, bananas they're all fruit.

I was talking about player performance.