We need to be shopping Stacy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm still trying to figure out why, after 2013, Fisher took the position of, "Yeah, I've seen enough of this guy. Next."

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Running backs are a dime a dozen, and I got a pocket full of change. At best Stacy would net a 6th rounder. I would keep him. He is cheap, durable, and is a perfect plan B should an injury happen.

bskrilla

Starter
I'm still trying to figure out why, after 2013, Fisher took the position of, "Yeah, I've seen enough of this guy. Next."

Seriously. It would be one thing if he was even close to sharing time with Mason, but Stacy dropped off the face of the earth. How do you got from 1K yards in 3/4 of a season to barely seeing a snap? Mason is definitely the more explosive back, but jesus.

It makes no sense to me.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have no idea on the game day personnel decisions of Fisher. Its just like he sees something he likes and stays with it come hell or high water.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Seriously. It would be one thing if he was even close to sharing time with Mason, but Stacy dropped off the face of the earth. How do you got from 1K yards in 3/4 of a season to barely seeing a snap? Mason is definitely the more explosive back, but jesus.

It makes no sense to me.
That may be the thing. Mason is the more explosive back - ala Chris Johnson.
But still. Stacy was like a greased bowling ball out there. May not break one for 80 yards, but damn. He was a beast.

RB's are valued at a lot shorter term (3 yrs?) than other positions.. I agree. we should shop him for OL and protect our investments at QB.. I am hopeful we draft Cooper at WR.. Defense is pretty solid.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
The Cowboys are currently hunting for a RB. Now is the perfect time to shop him and see what we can get.

Look, I like Stacy as a professional, and as a player, but he does us no good sitting on the sidelines all year. If we can flip him for a pick we should do it at this point.

There are not many positions on the team that the Rams are deep. We trade Stacy and there goes the depth. Personally, I like his running style better than Mason. I only trade him if a team makes me an offer I can't refuse.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

I honestly think Stacy had some injuries going on, I didnt understand the drop off from his rookie season as well. I think they seen flashes of Mason and said fuck it, rest Stacy as much as possible and see what Mason can do at the same. Who knows though?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would keep Zac Stacy. I don't think he was used enough or the right way last year by Schottenheimer. He is a bowling ball that hits the line hard and is tough to bring down, yet for some reason he was not used in short yardage situations. He would be my third and short back. Why beat up your primary runningback, who is not a big pounder in tough inside runs? They could line Stacy and Bennie or Tre up together in the backfield to keep the defense guessing inside or outside run. Plus Bennie could still go out for a pass.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would hang on to Stacy at least until the trade deadline. RB's get hurt. He would garner more value for us at that point .

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Unless he can bring an olineman in trade; he was pretty damn good in 2013.

That's worth keeping in case of injury to Mason. It's good to have depth at this position.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
This is wishful thinking, but I do not think that we are done with Stacy. I think what happened last year could have been a mixture of Stacy having an injury, nothing was stated but he didn't look well after his Philly injury. And Fisher getting a clear picture of what he has in Mason, examine his strengths and weaknesses. Now that Fisher knows what he has in all of his RBs he construct the perfect rushing attack.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And there is also the idea that 2015 is a pretty deep draft for RB. Not sure what the market is for a former 5th rounder who's currently #3rb on the depth chart behind an undrafted free agent RB

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And there is also the idea that 2015 is a pretty deep draft for RB. Not sure what the market is for a former 5th rounder who's currently #3rb on the depth chart behind an undrafted free agent RB

I mean Stacy still has what, 2 years left on his rookie deal? So he is cheap. He's also shown that he can break the 1000 yard mark, and he did it in about 3/4 of a season. I think he has more value than some think.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Idk, who starts if Mason goes down, Cunningham or Pead? Cunningham is decent but I cant see him being a 3 down back or splitting carrys with Pead.
And what exactly has Pead done to show you he will even sniff a back up role let alone start at this point he's lucky to even still be on the team tbh

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
That may be the thing. Mason is the more explosive back - ala Chris Johnson.
But still. Stacy was like a greased bowling ball out there. May not break one for 80 yards, but damn. He was a beast.
Greased bowling ball maybe but durability was a huge question. How many times did he have to come off the field and was favoring a limb or stepping gingerly

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What would a team get for a 3rd or 4th string RB who has poor hands to catch the ball? I think it would be very smart to just keep Stacy around. He is a good solid RB who can keep the pile moving & late in the game when you have the game in hand ....feed him the ball.

No I see no reason to break up this RB unit. I like him!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean Stacy still has what, 2 years left on his rookie deal? So he is cheap. He's also shown that he can break the 1000 yard mark, and he did it in about 3/4 of a season. I think he has more value than some think.
He might, and they might be trying to trade him, surely what we dont know, we dont know.
I think the RB position has been so devalued lately that I don't see where the interest would come from.
It it worth trading him for a 6th or 7th round pick?