We actually did it! I’m in Minny now!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rod Carew - greatest singles hitter with nobody on base.

I watched a lot of Angel's baseball in the late 70s early 80s because one of my good friends was a hard core angel fan.

And I could almost always predict when Rod Carew was going to get a hit.

And he rarely got a hit when there was a runner on base (well at least whenever I was watching the game).

That’s interesting. I looked up his stats and he only had a four year stretch of good RBI production.

Considering that he played for 19 years, that’s not that great.

IMG_9476.jpeg

Tano

Legend
That’s interesting. I looked up his stats and he only had a four year stretch of good RBI production.

Considering that he played for 19 years, that’s not that great.

View attachment 65942
Yep - whenever a runner was in scoring position - he just didn't come thru most of the time.

And that Angel team had some great hitters who were on base a lot in front of him.

He should have had at minimum 70 RBIs a year with the Angels when he was batting over 300 almost every year with the Angels.

He did have some good RBI years with the Twins right before he went to the Angels.

Not sure why his run production went down after joining the Angels.