We actually did it! I’m in Minny now!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Hope you love spending time , with your family , in enclosed spaces for hours and hours and hours , on end

literally.....................lol

Winter , -10 below , dark by 5

I live like 10 minutes from the Minnesota border , been to Minneapolis many many times , I have family that live

so , there will be times when you're driving in downtown Minneapolis , you'll swear the streets were designed by a bunch of drunk'in Irishmen

and , there will other be times , in the not to distant future , you'll be walking across a Walmart parking lot , it'll be -10 below , and the wind will be blowing 40 MPH , and , you'll ask yourself , What The F**C am I doing in Minnesota , and at the same time , you'll ask yourself , where the hell you left your gloves....................lol

but seriously , Minneapolis is awesome

the winters , well , I always say , it's not to much you get used to them , it's , you just learn to adjust , you walk a little bit fast , some times , quite a bit faster ,

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rod Carew - greatest singles hitter with nobody on base.

I watched a lot of Angel's baseball in the late 70s early 80s because one of my good friends was a hard core angel fan.

And I could almost always predict when Rod Carew was going to get a hit.

And he rarely got a hit when there was a runner on base (well at least whenever I was watching the game).
Yeah, I think his best years were with the Twins, for sure

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Congrats @Mackeyser !! I happen to love me some Minnesota, mostly due to fond memories there when I was a young lad. My mom was from Stillwater, and we would go there every few years to visit family that still lived there. Always in the summer though, haha.

My wife and I have friends in Apple Valley whom we visited for the Rams / Vikes game in late November, 2018. It was definitely cold then, but you really need to catch some games at that US Bank stadium bro. Great food and drinks and amazing atmosphere. Easily the best stadium experience I have had. Enjoy!!

Tano

Legend
Yeah, I think his best years were with the Twins, for sure
Yeah I never saw him play for the Twins especially when he hit 390.

But to add to what I said about him - he was possibly the greatest two out no runners on hitter I have ever seen.

I do not think I ever saw him make an out when there was two outs and nobody on.

Of course, I didn't watch all of his at bats but I can tell you every game I went to saw him get a hit in that circumstance.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
But bro, the cold hits different when you're in your 50's and 60's. I was that guy that ran around in a t-shirt in freezing weather. No more...
Yeah, when you get older you don't handle extreme weather like when you're young. I used to play sports in 105-110 degree weather. Now when it gets over 100 I'm indoors. If I want to golf I do it at 6 in the morning this time of year. Get done before it hits 90.

I ain't into extreme weather stuff. I could never handle a place like Minnesota. I'd be that guy in Cool Runnings when he first stepped out the airport doors in Canada.

mHTE8f.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
"I don't know what that guy's problem is....I love the snow in New York and could never leave!" ~ @den-the-coach
There's a yellow rose in Texas that I am gonna see
Nobody else could miss her, not half as much as me
She cried so when I left her, it like to broke my heart
And if I ever find her we never move apart

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's a yellow rose in Texas that I am gonna see
Nobody else could miss her, not half as much as me
She cried so when I left her, it like to broke my heart
And if I ever find her we never move apart
"I'm in a New York, state of mind."

Tano

Legend
Yeah, when you get older you don't handle extreme weather like when you're young. I used to play sports in 105-110 degree weather. Now when it gets over 100 I'm indoors. If I want to golf I do it at 6 in the morning this time of year. Get done before it hits 90.

I ain't into extreme weather stuff. I could never handle a place like Minnesota. I'd be that guy in Cool Runnings when he first stepped out the airport doors in Canada.

mHTE8f.gif
Yeah I absolutely hate the cold.

Minnesota would suck for me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Congrats @Mackeyser !! I happen to love me some Minnesota, mostly due to fond memories there when I was a young lad. My mom was from Stillwater, and we would go there every few years to visit family that still lived there. Always in the summer though, haha.

My wife and I have friends in Apple Valley whom we visited for the Rams / Vikes game in late November, 2018. It was definitely cold then, but you really need to catch some games at that US Bank stadium bro. Great food and drinks and amazing atmosphere. Easily the best stadium experience I have had. Enjoy!!
Traitor! ~ SoFi

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Belated congrats on your move, Mac. Yeah the winters suck, but the people in the upper Midwest are just the best. So many who are genuine and sincere and kind.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, we found a house and they accepted our offer! House is perfect for us… we found our unicorn! (multi-generational family house)

Everything goes well, Lord willing, we’ll move in beginning of August.

I’ll try not to be as much of a dumbass as I was the last time I bought a house and posted the zillow listing… facepalm

But yeah, super excited! And though it won’t be this year, we will see the Rams here when they play here

Tano

Legend
Well, we found a house and they accepted our offer! House is perfect for us… we found our unicorn! (multi-generational family house)

Everything goes well, Lord willing, we’ll move in beginning of August.

I’ll try not to be as much of a dumbass as I was the last time I bought a house and posted the zillow listing… facepalm

But yeah, super excited! And though it won’t be this year, we will see the Rams here when they play here
I thought it hilarious when Sheldon and his father walked out of the Airport while going to MIT and each looked at each other in the fricken cold and said Cal Tech

Tano

Legend
Belated congrats on your move, Mac. Yeah the winters suck, but the people in the upper Midwest are just the best. So many who are genuine and sincere and kind.
That's because it is just too cold to get mad at each other.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
the old Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington, Minnesota is the coldest place on the planet

1266_1800x.jpg