Was the LA Rams owner murdered for fixing NFL games? | Carroll Rosenbloom’s mystery death (1979)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
This was debunked as far as it being Georgia or the mafia. They interviewed the person on the beach who was a witness and who had gone out into the ocean to try to bring the body of Rosenbloom in but couldn't make it to him because of the very rough surf conditions. Authorities had been called and it took two people 10 minutes to get the body to shore. The coroner also said no signs of foul play at all.

Sure some of us would like to believe the witch had something to do with it. There's a story on the internet somewhere that interviews that witness through a translator. He saw no one else in the water, debunking what someone said was a dark object that could have been possibly a frogman who pulled him under the water.
Howard Cosell in his book "I never played the game" described the funeral party as a circus of stars and Georgia had come late to it, he thought it was all bizarre.

Tano

Legend
The whole question is why was Carroll out there swimming in the first place. He had a history of always swimming with someone and never in rough conditions like it was that day.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The whole question is why was Carroll out there swimming in the first place. He had a history of always swimming with someone and never in rough conditions like it was that day.
Have you ever heard of body surfing.I’m an older dude who never where’s fins that loves to get out in the ocean when the water is warm enough.Hate the cold.

Carroll was a world class swimmer by some ? Not sure if true.The West Coast is totally different water though& being able to catch waves in the Atlantic seem harder to find.If true then the rip is usually less as well ?
—I went in a 1 1/2 half years ago when there was a small hurricane that closed the beaches beaches in West Palm.I went out and caught a couple nice waves.Water temp was beautiful (70’s).Was it risky ?

This woman was amazing last month.We made a save of 4 people 4months ago.This woman is an animal & I wouldn’t have made it 2hrs treading water I don’t think ? Hyperthermia would have set in on me.

View: https://youtu.be/iT5XTNoOuts?si=dzzZTrAoJ2RZ3M8k

Tano

Legend
Have you ever heard of body surfing.I’m an older dude who never where’s fins that loves to get out in the ocean when the water is warm enough.Hate the cold.

Carroll was a world class swimmer by some ? Not sure if true.The West Coast is totally different water though& being able to catch waves in the Atlantic seem harder to find.If true then the rip is usually less as well ?
—I went in a 1 1/2 half years ago when there was a small hurricane that closed the beaches beaches in West Palm.I went out and caught a couple nice waves.Water temp was beautiful (70’s).Was it risky ?

This woman was amazing last month.We made a save of 4 people 4months ago.This woman is an animal & I wouldn’t have made it 2hrs treading water I don’t think ? Hyperthermia would have set in on me.

View: https://youtu.be/iT5XTNoOuts?si=dzzZTrAoJ2RZ3M8k

From what Steve Rosenbloom when he saw the waters and how rough it was, he stated that there was no way in heck that his father would have gone into those waters.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I prefer to rely on facts as well as they can be known. I've never seen any evidence that Carroll was murdered, by anyone including Georgia. There's a rational explanation for how he died and the condition his body was found in.

Resentment for her running down the team and taking them out of Southland is legitimate. But she wasn't a murderess.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Meh...

I smell a rat.

First... how many of you have spent much time on the beaches in Miami? He died on April 2nd btw. The "surf" down there is basically none existent. I just scanned through my phone and found a pic of the beach near the location that he died. There's a big ass storm rolling in towards the beach too... check out the massive waves...

IMG_20240623_095031.jpg

I read some of the lame ass newspaper articles that were put out the day after he died that said "after a massive rescue effort" Rosenbloom drowned in the rough conditions.

Use your own brain people. Rosenbloom was called a world class swimmer and he was old as fuck. If you are an experienced swimmer and you gaze out upon surf conditions that look like hell and you are old (wise) as fuck... you don't say "Hell yeah, I'm going for it Brah!".

First, I don't believe the seas were so rough that it drowned him and prevented this so called massive rescue effort from saving him because if it was really that bad... the old bastard would have never jumped in the water in the first place. That's beyond ridiculous for a person with his experience and swimming ability.

Second... I've seen some rough conditions during Hurricanes... but take a look at that pic I posted with a big ass thunder boomer just about to reach the sand. Those waves ain't firing Brah. And April 2nd ain't Hurricane Season either.

The whole rough ass water and "massive rescue effort" stories smell like complete fiction to me. Back in those days, everyone believed what was printed in the paper.

That whore (Vegas dancing showgirl) was on husband number 6 with Carroll and she had known mob ties. Hell, husband number 7 who she was fucking while she was Carroll’s wife was a big time mob dirtbag. This all sounds too far fetched for a Sopranos episode... but it was real. They drowned him... he didn't do it by accident.

I also have a little more insight into that fucking coo coo skank whore than I've ever shared. My aunt worked for TWA for 5000 years and lived in St Charles Missouri (STL). My aunt's best friend was hired by Georgia The Whore to be her personal interior decorator and had that job until that skank finally croaked. They told me stories about just how horrible and nuts that woman was. She was not only dumb and thought astrology ran the universe like nobody you've ever heard of... she was a crook and a whore beyond belief. That woman was beyond bat shit crazy.

If you don't think that she had him drowned that day on April 2nd in South Beach... that's fine... but I don't believe in fairy tales Bruddas. There is no doubt in my mind. Now I completely understand that I could be wrong... but I should point out - There was this time that I thought I was wrong... Well, guess what?................. I ended up being mistaken.

I ain't falling for no banana in the tail pipe people!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
From what Steve Rosenbloom when he saw the waters and how rough it was, he stated that there was no way in heck that his father would have gone into those waters.
I call BS. Why was he considered a class swimmer.That was part of it .How could someone who could swim so well drowned ?

Don’t know how much you know about the ocean ? Yes - Mother Nature & the ocean we have to respect because you never know the ventures of Life.

There is always a thing in people’s hearts & challenges ,but to be AFRAID? I’m not going to ever say he was afraid.He’s love for The NFL & his players were priceless.Hacksaw going to the 9ers will always be the Biggest loss to me as a free agent.That’s the start of The Rams downfall.
-Then her not paying her players & making it so other Free Agents didn’t want to be Rams.
—The Rams moving back to LA from St.Louis was big for The Rams to be desirable.I’m not sure Andrew Whitworth becomes a Ram with Fisher or The Rams not moving? As Spags use to talk about PILLARS.
We see what a SOLID OWNER means.He was All In here in SO CAL!

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Yeah back in the day I sided with those who knew Carroll best. But what Steve stated comes down to whether his dad had chosen to go into the water or not. He still went out for a swim. Steve implying that he was placed or forced into the raging sea? Walked the plank?

Witness said Carroll had been calling for help. The "dark object" that was supposedly seen was "100 ft" from Carroll and headed away from him. So a "driveby" tug if it was even a diver hitman? Maybe if it was 1 or 2 people pulling him underwater but that was never reportedly seen.

I had never ever liked her as owner. But as I've read more of those stories re: that incident from all involved I had come to the conclusion some years ago that it was an accident.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Respecting the ocean.I’ll get in the water this week.There was a USC player who died in HB from the Rip tide.It’s no joke.Went in to body surf with a friend.The rip was taking us to the pier there.I crapped up & the rip was(surfers term) killer.We got out & said WTF - we’re getting old & out of shape.Talking 30 years old.
—I’m going to venture out this year.Just need a starting point,but life is what you make of it.When your afraid of not living is when your letting yourself down.

I’ll always say there’s no way he was afraid of The Ocean. His son must have been a WUSSY!! The Rodriquez lady selling The Rams was a good thing.
He’s motivate is he lost his dad & those feelings won’t go away. My dad surprised me on things he did & would have thought there is no way he would have done that.You never know.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ll always say there’s no way he was afraid of The Ocean. His son must have been a WUSSY!! The Rodriquez lady selling The Rams was a good thing.
He’s motivate is he lost his dad & those feelings won’t go away. My dad surprised me on things he did & would have thought there is no way he would have done that.You never know.
I think you are mixing up Steve Rosenbloom & Chip Rosenbloom. Steve was Carroll's son from his first marriage, Chip was the son from Carroll & Georgia. Carroll Rosenbloom had always intended to have his son Steve run the team, with Georgia inheriting the team because of the inheritance tax.

After Carroll's death, one of the issues was John Shaw got in Georgia's ear and convince her that she should be running the team and that was never Carroll's wishes. Now the inheritance tax was real and the reason that Chip Rosenbloom & Lucia Rodriguez (Carroll & Georgia's son and daughter sold the team to Stan Kroenke.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
This was debunked as far as it being Georgia or the mafia. They interviewed the person on the beach who was a witness and who had gone out into the ocean to try to bring the body of Rosenbloom in but couldn't make it to him because of the very rough surf conditions. Authorities had been called and it took two people 10 minutes to get the body to shore. The coroner also said no signs of foul play at all.

Sure some of us would like to believe the witch had something to do with it. There's a story on the internet somewhere that interviews that witness through a translator. He saw no one else in the water, debunking what someone said was a dark object that could have been possibly a frogman who pulled him under the water.
Howard Cosell in his book "I never played the game" described the funeral party as a circus of stars and Georgia had come late to it, he thought it was all bizarre.
How does it debunk the part where he never swam alone?

Tano

Legend
I think you are mixing up Steve Rosenbloom & Chip Rosenbloom. Steve was Carroll's son from his first marriage, Chip was the son from Carroll & Georgia. Carroll Rosenbloom had always intended to have his son Steve run the team, with Georgia inheriting the team because of the inheritance tax.

After Carroll's death, one of the issues was John Shaw got in Georgia's ear and convince her that she should be running the team and that was never Carroll's wishes. Now the inheritance tax was real and the reason that Chip Rosenbloom & Lucia Rodriguez (Carroll & Georgia's son and daughter sold the team to Stan Kroenke.
Maybe Shaw got in Georgia's ear but Frontiere had a lot of say as well and he could have just as easily said let's get rid of Carroll and you can run the team. Frontiere was not a good guy from everything that I read about him.

Tano

Legend
Respecting the ocean.I’ll get in the water this week.There was a USC player who died in HB from the Rip tide.It’s no joke.Went in to body surf with a friend.The rip was taking us to the pier there.I crapped up & the rip was(surfers term) killer.We got out & said WTF - we’re getting old & out of shape.Talking 30 years old.
—I’m going to venture out this year.Just need a starting point,but life is what you make of it.When your afraid of not living is when your letting yourself down.

He never swam alone.