Vikings at Rams - Media fallout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Dedich is an ERFA at the end of the year. Bruss is actually an RFA. I imagine we keep both; it makes no sense not to keep both.

Wendell looks like a major up-and-comer. Munchak is awesome, but Wendell's the one with the line, and he was great last year without Munchak.

I just hope he doesn't get poached from our O-line. I'd even give him OC responsibilities; I just don't want to lose him when he's done so well with our O-line.
Munchak was hired last year. However, he did his analysis at home in Tennessee and worked from video calls and E-mails is how I understood it to be. But he was given credit for being instrumental with developing the Rams screen game last year.

So, I think @Merlin question is legit. Could Wendell be this successful without Munchak’s help? I guess we don’t know.

That being said, I don’t want to lose him either. Oline coaching has been less than most of us would hope for under McVay’s watch. It finally seems to be ironed out.
Is Munchak with the team still?
I know he wanted to coach the Titans Oline but was passed over for another coach. I imagine having an ex-coach of the Titans, as the Titans offensive line coach could be an intimidating for the current head coach.

The last thing I recall reading is that the Rams wanted him back for this year.

Edit: He was at OTAs with the Rams I did a google search. Also Jourdan said the Rams wanted him back. So I’m guessing he’s still involved.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Edit: He was at OTAs with the Rams I did a google search. Also Jourdan said the Rams wanted him back. So I’m guessing he’s still involved.
I recall him consulting last year but can’t find any official role for him anywhere. He’s been gone from Denver for a couple years now so it’s not like he’s “consulting” while being paid by another team.
Even Scott Frost is listed on the coaching roster as a consultant.
Wendell and Kromer have done an amazing job with the line, I don’t understand why some (not you) are trying to credit Munchak instead of the guys who are responsible

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I recall him consulting last year but can’t find any official role for him anywhere. He’s been gone from Denver for a couple years now so it’s not like he’s “consulting” while being paid by another team.
Even Scott Frost is listed on the coaching roster as a consultant.
Wendell and Kromer have done an amazing job with the line, I don’t understand why some (not you) are trying to credit Munchak instead of the guys who are responsible
If Munchak isn’t with the Rams and Wendell and Kromer are accomplishing this themselves, then that would be the best case scenario.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Dedich is an ERFA at the end of the year. Bruss is actually an RFA. I imagine we keep both; it makes no sense not to keep both.

Agree on Dedich but maybe not Bruss simply because of the cost.

Need to make a qualifying offer to restricted free agents; and, I believe the minimum amount is between $2-$3M.

The Rams could pass on making Bruss a qualifying offer, making him an unrestricted free agent and, then, subsequently re-sign him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Verse mic'd up. If you don't like a lot of smack talk, don't watch, but if you want to see V8 kicking ass, taking names, and stealing souls, click on this:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Verse mic'd up. If you don't like a lot of smack talk, don't watch, but if you want to see V8 kicking ass, taking names, and stealing souls, click on this:

Verse talks a ton of trash but at the end, he made a point to seek-out veteran Right Tackle Brian O'Neill and said ... 'you made me better today'. Really liked that.

Then you see Vikings O-Line coach Chris Kuper (former NFL player and starter) sought-out Verse and said ... 'I'm the O-Line coach, you don't know me but you are going to be a hell of a player.' That was Fucking Great!

El Chapo Jr

Legend
Verse talks a ton of trash but at the end, he made a point to seek-out veteran Right Tackle Brian O'Neill and said ... 'you made me better today'. Really liked that.

Then you see Vikings O-Line coach Chris Kuper (former NFL player and starter) sought-out Verse and said ... 'I'm the O-Line coach, you don't know me but you are going to be a hell of a player.' That was Fucking Great!
Verse is quickly becoming a favorite player of mine. I love the mindset he has to go along with the physical talent. It's that type of drive that separates the best from the rest. Keep doing that DAWG work Verse!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I fucking LOVE this shit!!! This guy is going to set the tone for the D for the next decade!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I started looking around but got irritated by the whining about the non-call. Media gonna media.

Couldn’t even look !!

What a GAME though !! ONE of The most CLASSIC GAMES of my TIME !!

I was PISSED at the season to say the least !! Mcvay had the Bears & the Packers beat.It was in his hands & his play calling.

The Rams defense really stepped up. I hate to see games end like that,but it just saves face for everyone. How mad would I have been if The Rams loss in OT ??

Can’t even think about that. The defense got of the field & even Mcvay (joking) how to close out the game from there.

Just beautiful to see. Kevin O’connel was in the house he is always going to be remembered (at least me) as one of The Best Rams OC’s (play caller).

Mcvay one the 1 year anniversary of Jordan being born. Stafford handing off a game ball so he can remember Kyren Williams needs a chance to score more than 1 TD in a game.

A little harsh,but getting it out of my system.This D’Line and defense is pretty special.

The MEDIA ?? What about The HATERS or TRADERS !! Trade Kupp trade Stafford. They make to much money !! WTF !!!

My whole thing is LOVING this defense without AD99 !! His salary vs what these guys are bringing is ENJOYABLE to me. They get the ball back each game.

White getting beat to give Harrison his first NFL TD was SAD!! The rest is history . Seeing him in Chicago was extra SAD.

The media - we move on to hopefully 4-4 . How AWESOME would that be ??

These 2 udrfa DB’s are fun to watch . Whiterspoon against the raiders did well imo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Over the years, haven't hated the Jets but after Greenberg's commentary on the Super Bowl win in LVI, I'm elated that His Jets SUCK.
Greenie is difficult for me to listen to also. I used to Love ‘Mike and Mike in the Morning’. Then after a few years Greenie and Golic got more critical of teams they didn’t like and more negative in general. I stopped watching long before it was cancelled.