Vikings at Rams - Media fallout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Was talking about the coach, not the player. Dedich is solid as a back-up, but I'm not majorly concerned about losing him.

Ryan Wendell, the offensive line coach, is whom I'm concerned about getting poached for some team who wants to make him an offensive coordinator.
Oh yeah, with you 100%

And turns out Dedich is on a one year contract so the future vulnerability is there as well.

So you were unintentionally correct on both counts. :thumbsup1:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
How much is Wendell, how much is Munchak.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh yeah, with you 100%

And turns out Dedich is on a one year contract so the future vulnerability is there as well.

So you were unintentionally correct on both counts. :thumbsup1:
Dedich is an ERFA at the end of the year. Bruss is actually an RFA. I imagine we keep both; it makes no sense not to keep both.

How much is Wendell, how much is Munchak.

Wendell looks like a major up-and-comer. Munchak is awesome, but Wendell's the one with the line, and he was great last year without Munchak.

I just hope he doesn't get poached from our O-line. I'd even give him OC responsibilities; I just don't want to lose him when he's done so well with our O-line.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Justin Dedich - played High School ball in Temecula, College at USC and now with Rams - all in Southern California... pretty sweet!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I started looking around but got irritated by the whining about the non-call. Media gonna media.

How many times does Stafford get roughed, face masked and gets no calls? Not to mention I don't think anyone has more phantom intentional grounding than Stafford. If the receiver runs the wrong route and the ball is way off, it's not grounding unless the ball was thrown to avoid the sack. If not, Super Bowl 36 goes to OT or the Rams get the ball back because Brady sat in the pocket and unloaded one way out of bounds to avoid a sack with no call.

Another perfect example against the whiners this season. Stafford runs out of bounds and gets a shove in the back. Not a violent shove or anything. No call, ok. Then later in the game, the exact same thing happened with Purdy and flags were all over the field, It was only because one ref saw that Purdy was still in bounds so they picked up the flag.

With the speed of the game, they refs could use 1-2 more bodies on the field so better calls can be made. It's not like the NFL can't afford it.

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
How many times does Stafford get roughed, face masked and gets no calls? Not to mention I don't think anyone has more phantom intentional grounding than Stafford. If the receiver runs the wrong route and the ball is way off, it's not grounding unless the ball was thrown to avoid the sack. If not, Super Bowl 36 goes to OT or the Rams get the ball back because Brady sat in the pocket and unloaded one way out of bounds to avoid a sack with no call.

Another perfect example against the whiners this season. Stafford runs out of bounds and gets a shove in the back. Not a violent shove or anything. No call, ok. Then later in the game, the exact same thing happened with Purdy and flags were all over the field, It was only because one ref saw that Purdy was still in bounds so they picked up the flag.

With the speed of the game, they refs could use 1-2 more bodies on the field so better calls can be made. It's not like the NFL can't afford it.
No doubt. But I must admit I am that rare fan who accepts that refs are human and will err. And I prefer imperfect refs to more stoppages and the commercials that serve as the cost of pursuing perfection.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Of all the media videos, the only one I watch is rich eisen. I may not agree with everything he says but damn he gives a good conversation.

No shouting, no hot takes. Just well thought out comments.

Edit - and baldy of course. Love his breakdowns.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I enjoy O'Sullivan's analysis. No bull-shit. Just technical and entertaining.

Love the analysis on the Kupp TD. We all focus on Stafford avoiding the rush and high-stepping but I loved how J.T. pointed-out how perfectly schemed that play was to succeed. if Alaric Jackson did not get beat immediately on a spin-move, forcing Stafford to evade the rush, he would have had Kupp for an easy pitch-and-catch TD.

The play was perfectly executed and set-up but for Jackson getting beat so quickly. By-the-way, I thought Jackson had an overall quality game. I watched that play a dozen times to enjoy Stafford's mobility but J.T. O'Sullivan pointed-out something I had not seen. Great Stuff.