Vermeil "Rams have a really good leader (in Sam Bradford)"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Re: Vermeil "Rams have a really good leader (in Sam Bradford

X said:
LoyalRam said:
What I don't get..especially on Rams fan chat sites, is the Sam hate. I think it's a big year for him with all of the weapons he now has to use. No one with a brain says that he is anything but talented...Maybe he is a little shell shocked from the last few years, but hopefully he will snap out of that with our new Oline...

He is going to do great!
I don't understand it either. Every site (sans this one) has a few chuckleheads who can't stand him for some reason. There are theories as to why that is, but I think the primary objective is to troll. Sam Bradford hasn't done anything to warrant that kind of animosity or vitriol. He's been doing his job without complaining one bit, despite having been David Carr'd for most of his career, throwing to 127 different receivers, and playing behind 244 different O-linemen while trying to master 3 playbooks.

He's just a genuinely nice guy too. I can understand being pissed at a guy who half-asses it, or a guy who gets into off-season trouble, but I can't understand why anyone would root *against* Bradford. What has he done? He didn't raise the cap so he could get a big check. He didn't draft himself. He didn't injure all of those linemen or receivers, and he didn't utter a single word of discontent.

Meh. Screw those clowns. He's safe here at least. :ww:

true dat.....I am so excited with what can be...I remember how 1999 started like fantasy land, with the gas pedal mashed to the floor and didn't stop until Vermeil hoisted the Lombardi..There's no way it can happen like that again, could it? Think how surreal it would be to see Jeff Fisher lead us to a Super Bowl win, against the Titans? lol :cheese:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

LoyalRam said:
Think how surreal it would be to see Jeff Fisher lead us to a Super Bowl win, against the Titans? lol :cheese:
I had the same thought a while back. That would be the shit right there.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

LoyalRam said:
X said:
LoyalRam said:
What I don't get..especially on Rams fan chat sites, is the Sam hate. I think it's a big year for him with all of the weapons he now has to use. No one with a brain says that he is anything but talented...Maybe he is a little shell shocked from the last few years, but hopefully he will snap out of that with our new Oline...

He is going to do great!
I don't understand it either. Every site (sans this one) has a few chuckleheads who can't stand him for some reason. There are theories as to why that is, but I think the primary objective is to troll. Sam Bradford hasn't done anything to warrant that kind of animosity or vitriol. He's been doing his job without complaining one bit, despite having been David Carr'd for most of his career, throwing to 127 different receivers, and playing behind 244 different O-linemen while trying to master 3 playbooks.

He's just a genuinely nice guy too. I can understand being pissed at a guy who half-asses it, or a guy who gets into off-season trouble, but I can't understand why anyone would root *against* Bradford. What has he done? He didn't raise the cap so he could get a big check. He didn't draft himself. He didn't injure all of those linemen or receivers, and he didn't utter a single word of discontent.

Meh. Screw those clowns. He's safe here at least. :ww:

true dat.....I am so excited with what can be...I remember how 1999 started like fantasy land, with the gas pedal mashed to the floor and didn't stop until Vermeil hoisted the Lombardi..There's no way it can happen like that again, could it? Think how surreal it would be to see Jeff Fisher lead us to a Super Bowl win, against the Titans? lol :cheese:
The titans will need an ownership change if they ever want to sniff the superbowl again

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rabid Ram said:
The titans will need an ownership change if they ever want to sniff the superbowl again

of course....or they need a younger Jeff Fisher...(Can't have ours!)

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

LoyalRam said:
Rabid Ram said:

of course....or they need a younger Jeff Fisher...(Can't have ours!)
Tge problem is bud Adams is cheap and I think going senile. I mean this year marks the biggest free agent frenzy of the titans since 03 and alot of it has tp do with how players view bud Adams and the way they handle their own players contracts see Steve McNair Derrik mason jevon Kearse Keith hillock Eddie George etc all lowballed off the team

EastRam

Pro Bowler

Think how surreal it would be to see Jeff Fisher lead us to a Super Bowl win, against the Titans? lol

Or against any team and we win it on the last play with Austin getting in on the same play Mike Jones stopped.

Would Fisher have the balls to call that play again in the same situation? :boing:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

EastRam said:
Think how surreal it would be to see Jeff Fisher lead us to a Super Bowl win, against the Titans? lol

Or against any team and we win it on the last play with Austin getting in on the same play Mike Jones stopped.

Would Fisher have the balls to call that play again in the same situation? :boing:

That pass was thrown just a 1/2 second too soon! Hard to believe, but one more step before he caught that pass and he was in (IMHO).

EastRam

Pro Bowler

RamsSince1969 said:
EastRam said:

That pass was thrown just a 1/2 second too soon! Hard to believe, but one more step before he caught that pass and he was in (IMHO).

KhOKtTm.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

EastRam said:
RamsSince1969 said:
EastRam said:

KhOKtTm.jpg
[h]njpygxdssz[/h]

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Better explanation on why he gets in. Mike Jones reaction time would have been that 1/2 second difference as well and the point of contact and tackle is moved up that 1 yard/1 foot. I think the Titans thought it was automatic for the TD score if they ran that play and at the same time, the QB had to make sure the pass was caught, so he tossed it when he did (Thank God!). To this day, I have to admit it, I almost get "emotional" when I see the highlights of that game and the final play. We did it. We really did it. The Rams got to the top of the mountain with the grocery boy as their QB and the loss of Trent Green earlier in the season, which I thought was going to result in a losing season, resulted in the most unlikely Championship team in NFL history (what were the Vegas odds right after Trent went down?).

nighttrain

Legend

yeah, it seem like Tony Horne was always just a step away from a TD, but plenty of nice KO returns.
and Vermeil didn't retire, went to the Chiefs.. All in all, bad move by FO, but that was as common as white on rice back then

train