Vermeil "Rams have a really good leader (in Sam Bradford)"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[101]93705250[/101]
<a class="postlink" href="https://soundcloud.com/101sports/5-24-dick-vermeil-rams-have-a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://soundcloud.com/101sports/5-24-d ... ams-have-a</a>

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Re: Vermeil "Rams have a really good leader (in Sam Bradford

You know the more I listen to Dick Vermeil the more I appreciate him more than I did before and that's hard to do. I wish he wouldn't have left after that 1999 season.

nighttrain

Legend

The Rammer said:
You know the more I listen to Dick Vermeil the more I appreciate him more than I did before and that's hard to do. I wish he wouldn't have left after that 1999 season.
like you obviously, it would have been a longer run if Dick V has stayed, thanks to Ziggy for this I think
train

paceram

Pro Bowler

The Rammer said:

Agreed!!!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

The Rammer said:

Then Martz would have been hired away right after the superbowl, and we might not have gone back to another one. We still had loads of talent, but it might not have worked out for us like it did.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

HE WITH HORNS said:
The Rammer said:

Then Martz would have been hired away right after the superbowl, and we might not have gone back to another one. We still had loads of talent, but it might not have worked out for us like it did.
Vermeil could have stayed on as HC for one more season, with Martz as his OC and successor the following season. That way, Martz learns from one of the best about handling Defense and personnel evaluation. Shaw and Zygmunt should have handled it that way, instead of pressuring Vermeil to retire.

jap

Legend

Ram Quixote said:
HE WITH HORNS said:
The Rammer said:

Vermeil could have stayed on as HC for one more season, with Martz as his OC and successor the following season. That way, Martz learns from one of the best about handling Defense and personnel evaluation. Shaw and Zygmunt should have handled it that way, instead of pressuring Vermeil to retire.

Dickie V was also a special teams guru and help placed his stamp on the team in that regard. Both the Wizard of Az (PR) and Tony Horne (KR) were two of the most feared returners in the game over that breif stretch of time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

jap said:
Ram Quixote said:
HE WITH HORNS said:
The Rammer said:

Dickie V was also a special teams guru and help placed his stamp on the team in that regard. Both the Wizard of Az (PR) and Tony Horne (KR) were two of the most feared returners in the game over that breif stretch of time.
Gawd, won't it be nice to actually have a decent return game again?
We haven't had a decent punt or kick returner since that time.

2001 - no return TDs.
2002 - 1 return TD (Dre Bly - punt return)
2003 - no return TDs.
2004 - no return TDs.
2005 - 1 return TD (Chris Johnson - kick return)
2006 - no return TDs
2007 - 1 return TD (Dante Hall - punt return)
2008 - no return TDs
2009 - no return TDs
2010 - no return TDs
2011 - 1 return TD (Nick Miller - punt return)
2012 - no return TDs.

Compared to:

1998 - 2 return TDs (1 punt*, 1 kickoff) *Kennison :neh:
1999 - 3 return TDs (1 punt, 2 kickoff)
2000 - 2 return TDs (1 punt, 1 kickoff)

7 in 3 years, versus 4 in 12 years.

jap

Legend

There is one super team goal I used to desire for the GSOT teams that I would love to see this current squad accomplish. That is achieving the team trifecta of being a Top Ten (or even Top Five) team in offense, defense, and special teams. It may not happen this year, but I would love for that to become a team goal for coming years.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

jap said:
There is one super team goal I used to desire for the GSOT teams that I would love to this current squad accomplish. That is achieving the team trifecta of being a Top Ten (or even Top Five) team in offense, defense, and special teams. It may not happen this year, but I would love for that to become a team goal for coming years.
That would be shweet.
It would take a bit of luck on the injury front and a few lucky bounces, but I can see this team achieving that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

X said:

2001 - no return TDs.
2003 - no return TDs.
2004 - no return TDs.
2006 - no return TDs
2008 - no return TDs
2009 - no return TDs
2010 - no return TDs
2012 - no return TDs.

Compared to:

YES
:cool:

EastRam

Pro Bowler

mojorizen7 said:
X said:

2001 - no return TDs.
2003 - no return TDs.
2004 - no return TDs.
2006 - no return TDs
2008 - no return TDs
2009 - no return TDs
2010 - no return TDs
2012 - no return TDs.

Compared to:

YES
:cool:

Man...I was feeling good until you posted that sad sad reminder..
m1525.gif

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick

Holy crap! That's another monkey we need to get off our back like we got the Sack one last year off our backs...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Absolutely cannot wait to see Austin returning punts & kicks. :woooot:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

X said:

Too funny, X.....I am homered up, thinking about Austin, as well. I think Austin will do 1500 all purpose yards in 2013! :bign:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

LoyalRam said:
X said:

Too funny, X.....I am homered up, thinking about Austin, as well. I think Austin will do 1500 all purpose yards in 2013! :bign:
Sounds completely reasonable and totally doable. :yeh:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Im excited to see Austin all over this turf

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What I don't get..especially on Rams fan chat sites, is the Sam hate. I think it's a big year for him with all of the weapons he now has to use. No one with a brain says that he is anything but talented...Maybe he is a little shell shocked from the last few years, but hopefully he will snap out of that with our new Oline...

He is going to do great!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

LoyalRam said:
What I don't get..especially on Rams fan chat sites, is the Sam hate. I think it's a big year for him with all of the weapons he now has to use. No one with a brain says that he is anything but talented...Maybe he is a little shell shocked from the last few years, but hopefully he will snap out of that with our new Oline...

He is going to do great!
I don't understand it either. Every site (sans this one) has a few chuckleheads who can't stand him for some reason. There are theories as to why that is, but I think the primary objective is to troll. Sam Bradford hasn't done anything to warrant that kind of animosity or vitriol. He's been doing his job without complaining one bit, despite having been David Carr'd for most of his career, throwing to 127 different receivers, and playing behind 244 different O-linemen while trying to master 3 playbooks.

He's just a genuinely nice guy too. I can understand being pissed at a guy who half-asses it, or a guy who gets into off-season trouble, but I can't understand why anyone would root *against* Bradford. What has he done? He didn't raise the cap so he could get a big check. He didn't draft himself. He didn't injure all of those linemen or receivers, and he didn't utter a single word of discontent.

Meh. Screw those clowns. He's safe here at least. :ww:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Yup some people just cant be happy with anything or are only happy pissing people off