Vent Thread - Rams at Bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is interesting is that the Rams' soft defensive scheme has been getting more and more national media attention (see: criticism). Curious if that sparks changes.
Subterfuge at its finest. The building is on fire but lets point out that the drapes dont match the carpet
The fish stinks from the head down and clearly no media outlet wants to tackle the real issue

Ellard80

Legend
Subterfuge at its finest. The building is on fire but lets point out that the drapes dont match the carpet
The fish stinks from the head down and clearly no media outlet wants to tackle the real issue
the defense is good enough to win if we have anywhere close to the offense we have in the past - that is for sure.

But the defense isn't great either. Id give the offense an F and the Defense a C+

Tano

Legend
the defense is good enough to win if we have anywhere close to the offense we have in the past - that is for sure.

But the defense isn't great either. Id give the offense an F and the Defense a C+
I would give the defense a B+ in the first 3 quarters and a D in the 4th qtr.

Ellard80

Legend
its too bad miller dropped the wide open TD pass in the 1st drive.... we have had some time to try to score at least....

Tano

Legend
yeah im talking for the season overall not just this game

offense F
Defense C+
okay - I misread your statement

I would give the offense a D- for the season since they did have two good to decent games before Evans starting just killed our offensive flow

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
"That guy" only lead them to nine points at the time had the offense gee I dont know scored what the league minimum "that guy" who is practically crying on the bench again doesnt get to have another week of make believe I still got it.
Well they made him believe now with an astonishing 60 plus yard drive in 36 secs and no timeouts.

ESPN showed last night that teams in similar situations had a record of 5 wins & 495 losses when given the ball in that position with no timeouts. Stunning stats.

Ellard80

Legend
Well they made him believe now with an astonishing 60 plus yard drive in 36 secs and no timeouts.

ESPN showed last night that teams in similar situations had a record of 5 wins & 495 losses when given the ball in that position with no timeouts. Stunning stats.
yikes

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't get the idea of people having sacred cows that they refuse to criticize.

The offense is an absolute shitshow no question, but that last drive was a complete shitshow as well, especially considering how bad Tampa has been this year. That wasn't Mahomes & the Chiefs on that drive.

It's not that hard to see fault in multiple areas, especially on this team.

fearsomefour

Legend
The soft coverage on the last two possession is bizarre to me. A QB like is not going to hold the ball. Morris' scheme is taking away the Rams pass rush for the most part. Does he not trust the back end at all?
I will say this....on the PI that gave the Bucs the ball at the 1 yard line, Evans was lined up over Kenricks. In fact, where ever Kendricks was the Bucs were throwing the ball. If you are going to leave him on Evans you have to give him help....he struggled all day long. As soon as I saw that I knew exactly where Brady was going with the ball.....same on the 4th down attempt that Miller dropped.....going right after Kendricks.
I don't understand how idiot fans watching a game can see this stuff and DC can't....unless it doesn't matter. He is going to be stubborn and run his scheme not matter what.
The real issue is the O however.
Once again it was asleep. Just like the Dallas game. One big play by Kupp and then nothing. Getting a first down was an accomplishment.
Amazing.
Last year a three and out was a surprise.
After the Bucs didn't score on fourth and goal the Rams needed to pick up one first down....I put their odds of picking up that first down at about 5%.
The O is problem and its gotten pathetic.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I don't get the idea of people having sacred cows that they refuse to criticize.

The offense is an absolute shitshow no question, but that last drive was a complete shitshow as well, especially considering how bad Tampa has been this year. That wasn't Mahomes & the Chiefs on that drive.

It's not that hard to see fault in multiple areas, especially on this team.
Yep. Not mutually exclusive.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
The soft coverage on the last two possession is bizarre to me. A QB like is not going to hold the ball. Morris' scheme is taking away the Rams pass rush for the most part. Does he not trust the back end at all?
I will say this....on the PI that gave the Bucs the ball at the 1 yard line, Evans was lined up over Kenricks. In fact, where ever Kendricks was the Bucs were throwing the ball. If you are going to leave him on Evans you have to give him help....he struggled all day long. As soon as I saw that I knew exactly where Brady was going with the ball.....same on the 4th down attempt that Miller dropped.....going right after Kendricks.
I don't understand how idiot fans watching a game can see this stuff and DC can't....unless it doesn't matter. He is going to be stubborn and run his scheme not matter what.
The real issue is the O however.
Once again it was asleep. Just like the Dallas game. One big play by Kupp and then nothing. Getting a first down was an accomplishment.
Amazing.
Last year a three and out was a surprise.
After the Bucs didn't score on fourth and goal the Rams needed to pick up one first down....I put their odds of picking up that first down at about 5%.
The O is problem and its gotten pathetic.
It's clear they don't think the CBs can cover. Never minding that one is a sure-fire HOFer. The 10 yd cushions are an attempt to hide it but by "solving" that problem it creates a host of others.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This team needs to be shaken up. I posted earlier that Perkins needs to play and I was only half-serious, but what else can McVay try? Not 1 team has allowed the Rams to run the ball and they are all abusing the pass protection. Stafford is gonna get killed at some point. Maybe the Rams can try the wildcat offense... bring in an extra blocker and see what happens. Change things up a bit. Try something different for gosh sake!!!! This offense sucks right now!

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
images22.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.