USS Harvey Milk ladies and gents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great song. Karaoke favorite in many run down dive bars overseas. :beer2: :laugh1:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm just one Navy Vet, but I'm glad.

All that matters on a ship is being about the mission...doing your job.

Will there be some dark jokes? Well, yeah... sailors are like that and it's fine. And I'll probably laugh like hell when they do something really over the line about it on Family Guy or American Dad.

But I'm glad.

Tano

Legend

Will there be some dark jokes? Well, yeah... sailors are like that and it's fine. And I'll probably laugh like hell when they do something really over the line about it on Family Guy or American Dad.

But I'm glad.
You forgot South Park

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

But I'm glad.
I was in the Navy as well , darn proud of it

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

But I'm glad.
So we have the USS Ronald Reagan, USS John F. Kennedy, USS Nimitz...and had the USS Constellation, USS America, USS Tarawa,,,and now, the USS Harvey Milk? US Presidents, War Admiral hero, Revered namesake ship, America itself and a WW2 battle site. If I remember, Milk was an aide to Mayor Moscone in Frisco and they got shot and killed.... How does this dude rate above MLK for the honor of naming a US vessel after him?

He doesn't.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
So we have the USS Ronald Reagan, USS John F. Kennedy, USS Nimitz...and had the USS Constellation, USS America, USS Tarawa,,,and now, the USS Harvey Milk? US Presidents, War Admiral hero, Revered namesake ship, America itself and a WW2 battle site. If I remember, Milk was an aide to Mayor Moscone in Frisco and they got shot and killed.... How does this dude rate above MLK for the honor of naming a US vessel after him?

He doesn't.

Two words: gay rights. Harvey Milk, for all of his flaws with Jim Jones and his cult, was a bastion for LGBTQ rights, as the very first openly gay politician, and always defending the people who were most vulnerable. Harvey Milk basically made people like me (albeit I don't live in the same area as Milk did) have rights.

Now granted, MLK deserves a ship of his own, but Milk is not a bad choice in the slightest.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think this one is going to get milked for all it’s worth!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He doesn't.
Yeah MLK should be a carrier tbh.

But I personally don't like politicization of naming ships. Certain public officials who are beneficial to the Navy and deserve it is the way it has always been. Like Carl Vinson who did more for the Navy than probably any other person has over his years of service in Washington. And Reagan was a financial windfall in the 80s who rebuilt much of our fleet and supply chains etc.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Forts Benning, Bragg, Lee, Hood, Polk, Gorden, Pickett, Rucker, Hill and Camps Beauregard, Maxey, and Pendleton are all named for Confederates and all should be renamed. Traitors do not deserve such honours, especially when there are plenty of honourable men and women who are deserving of such recognition.

Also the United States shouldn't refer to these men as "Generals", Lee (for example) was a COL in the US Army, and since the Confederate States and their Army was never formally recognised that means his bullshit made up rank isn't real. I don't become a General because I declare myself a General of the Coconuts Army, I am, at best, a former Sergeant of the US Army.

In short, fuck those losers and their cosplay rank bullshit.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Forts Benning, Bragg, Lee, Hood, Polk, Gorden, Pickett, Rucker, Hill and Camps Beauregard, Maxey, and Pendleton are all named for Confederates and all should be renamed. Traitors do not deserve such honours, especially when there are plenty of honourable men and women who are deserving of such recognition.

Also the United States shouldn't refer to these men as "Generals", Lee (for example) was a COL in the US Army, and since the Confederate States and their Army was never formally recognised that means his bullshit made up rank isn't real. I don't become a General because I declare myself a General of the Coconuts Army, I am, at best, a former Sergeant of the US Army.

In short, fuck those losers and their cosplay rank bullshit.

Not dismissing your suggestion in the slightest, but what would you rename the forts and camps as? Just out of curiosity.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not dismissing your suggestion in the slightest, but what would you rename the forts and camps as? Just out of curiosity.

Fort Benning = Three options, Fort Darby, Fort Rogers, or Fort Lee (not the shit one).. Darby led Darby's Rangers who became the Army Rangers, which Benning is home of Ranger school and the 75th Ranger Regiment and 3rd Bat. However, Camp Darby is already part of Ranger School, so they could instead opt to go further back with Fort Rogers which harkens back to Rogers Rangers during the French and Indian War, however they were technically a British unit since America didn't exist yet. However, during the Revolutionary War the members of Rogers Rangers opted to fight for the Continental forces rather than the Brits. Camp Rogers also exists as part of Ranger assessment for Ranger School though.. Lee, named for General William Lee, is often called the father of the US Army Airborne, which the school is also located at Benning. So all three options are better, Lee is probably the "best" since Airborne school sees more students.

Fort Bragg = Fort Bank, the founder of Army Special Forces, which Bragg is the home of Special Forces, pretty simple.

Fort Lee = Since Fort Lee was where WAC was headquartered during/after WWII (the Woman's Auxiliary Corps) before it was disbanded and they intergrated them into the regular army, the two most obvious choices are either Fort Hobby (the first director of WAC) or Fort Sampson, named for Deborah Sampson, who disguised herself as a man to fight for the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War

Fort Hood = Fort Murphy, named for Audie Murphy, MOH recipient, one of the most decorated soldiers in American history, and a Texan native, super easy.

Fort Polk = This is arguably one of the shittiest posts in the Army, there's really nothing redeeming about it, so I honestly couldn't give a shit less what they call it. I guess Fort McNair or Fort Clark since those were the two twats who decided to put a base there for large scale unit training.

Fort Gordon = Fort York. Sergeant York was one of the most decorated Army soldiers from WWI, MOH recipient, and was stationed at Gordon, similar to Murphy, an easy choice.

Fort Pickett = Fort Marshall, named for General Marshall the Chief of Staff during WWII, considered himself a Virginian, commissioned from the Virginia Military Institute.

Fort Rucker = Fort Dillard, an Alabama man and the first black Intelligence Officer in the Army, and the first black officer to graduate from the National War College.

Fort Hill = Since it's also in Virgina, the next best "Virginian" to name it would be Fort MacArthur, General during WWII, MOH recipient.

Camp Beauregard = I honestly don't know anything about this base, other than it's a National Guard base in Louisiana, so I'm sure there's someone they can pick that's better than a traitor. Maybe Fort Rickenbacker, another one of America's most decorated soldiers and an ace pilot during WWII, MOH recipient.

Camp Maxey = This base isn't really used anymore and hasn't been for a long time, but it's still technically there. Call it Camp Holland for Milton Holland, the first native Texan to receive the MOH (fighting for the Union Army during the Civil War)

Camp Pendleton = Camp Basilone, named for the USMC MOH recipient John Basilone who was stationed at Pendleton. They already have a road named after him going into the base, on the base, a crucible challenge named for him, and one of the drop zones on the base is named for him. Just name the base for him already.

And that's just picking soldiers, you could also pick various civil rights leaders, or other important figures in American history, both military or otherwise.